Fuel Efficiency Figures of Your Cars

Did a long trip to Pondicherry by taking the Arcot route from Bangalore. Around 800kms in 3 days. Reached my max TF mileage in Tiago at 17.24 kmpl (mid - 20.4 kmpl, an all time high). This includes more highway driving and lesser city driving. AC used 70% time. Constantly drove in the range 100-120 kmph and covered 375 kms in 6hrs 10mins including breaks! [glasses] Eco mode used for crawling speeds.
Also reached an impressive 50.51 kmpl on my Gixxer SF with more city driving [clap]
Attaching fuelio screenshots

Attachments

Last edited:
The best fuel efficiency recorded by my Blue Diamond - aka Nexon XZA+ - during my recent Bangalore - Chennai drive in eco mode, maintaining 80 - 90 kmph mostly:

mid23122018-jpg.jpg

Drove 753 km in eco mode - including 20 km run in Chennai peak hour bumper-to-bumper traffic in city mode - that consumed 35.86 litres of diesel costing ₹ 64.15/litre in Bangalore, translating into 21 kmpl tankful-to-tankful with 123 km remaining distance-to-empty.
smile-gif.gif
clap-gif.gif

Update time folks,

2012 Manza QJD - 16-17 KMPL City. On recent highway trip got 21.5 KMPL. Im loving the QJD and not letting it go by any means
2011 i10 Sportz(P) - 12 KMPL City (getting worser day by day, plan to get rid of it)
2018 Tigor XZA(P) - 16-17 KMPL City (as per MID) and 15 KMPL as per tankful. Quite happy with it.

Update time folks,

2012 Manza QJD - 16-17 KMPL City. On recent highway trip got 21.5 KMPL. Im loving the QJD and not letting it go by any means
2011 i10 Sportz(P) - 12 KMPL City (getting worser day by day, plan to get rid of it)
2018 Tigor XZA(P) - 16-17 KMPL City (as per MID) and 15 KMPL as per tankful. Quite happy with it.
1. I have also experienced the QJD in my Manza and it just screams "DONT LET ME GO" !!!
2. i10 was well famous for less fuel efficiency but was indeed a nice car of that segment in it's golden days.
3. 15 kmpl is somewhat very good in city traffic of these days.

Completed my 1900kms trip with my Tiago and a rented Myles Amaze. Tiago performed very well except with the stock headlamo brightness and hill inclines where it really struggled. Mileage was outstanding. From Bangalore to Kanyakumari my MID showed 23.1kmpl with full AC! Real was around 19.5-20kmpl approx which is mind blowing. I drove 540kms on a single normally filled tank which is my new record, even then Tiago showed 83kms DTE! Overall trip mid was 20kmpl which includes all kinds of roads and parkings. Roughly overall mileage real world was 17kmpl which is amazing. Tiago P was almost able to keep up with Amaze D in fuel tank range!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Vehicle- Safari DICOR 4x4.
ODO- 83.2K Kms
Journey 700Kms
Route- NH3 Bombay-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule (And back)
Target Speeds- 90KMPH, Max speeds 100KMPH
Terrain Encountered- 100s of speedbreakers, Kasara Ghats (Both ways), NH3, And regular tolls & time pass.

1. The beast Managed a smashing FE of 14.31 KMPL on the entire run. This is the highest Ever FE on my charts when it comes to a Safari (That too a 4x4).
I am Impressed how this humongous, Heavy elephant can run on diesel vapors when handled with respect.

Links-
“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

Last edited:
Car ritz lxi petrol 2010

City-8kmpl :(
Highway mileage- 14-15 kmpl
I think your Ritz has K12 engine. Its mileages are in Automatic Honda Civic territory. Most likely, you are applying more pressure than needed on the throttle or shifting wrong or engine needs some diagnosis. Try these to see if FE improves:
  1. Try changing your driving posture like adjusting seat height or adjusting the "Angle at which your foot touches the A Pedal". You can try a different footwear with thin sole.
  2. Many people shift to 4th and 5th gears bit early hoping to get better FE, but they end up lugging the Engine resulting in lesser FE. Listening to the sound of Engine and shifting really helps. Delay shifting to 3rd, 4th and 5th gears, a little by 5km... like at 35, 45 and 60 kph. In fact, in my old Matiz, I rarely shifted to 5th Gear within Delhi / B'lore / Chennai city limits. It is mostly the 4th Gear (max) even in my current Verna within City limits.
  3. If mileage is still below 11 kpl (after ALL THESE minute changes), take it to MS A$$; not to a 3rd party Service Station.

I think your Ritz has K12 engine. Its mileages are in Automatic Honda Civic territory. Most likely, you are applying more pressure than needed on the throttle or shifting wrong or engine needs some diagnosis. Try these to see if FE improves:
  1. Try changing your driving posture like adjusting seat height or adjusting the "Angle at which your foot touches the A Pedal". You can try a different footwear with thin sole.
  2. Many people shift to 4th and 5th gears bit early hoping to get better FE, but they end up lugging the Engine resulting in lesser FE. Listening to the sound of Engine and shifting really helps. Delay shifting to 3rd, 4th and 5th gears, a little by 5km... like at 35, 45 and 60 kph. In fact, in my old Matiz, I rarely shifted to 5th Gear within Delhi / B'lore / Chennai city limits. It is mostly the 4th Gear (max) even in my current Verna within City limits.
  3. If mileage is still below 11 kpl (after ALL THESE minute changes), take it to MS A$$; not to a 3rd party Service Station.
Yeah mine is k12 petrol 2010 model. Really silent engine and quite powerful and stable too. I do apply maybe 2 inches of pressure in the city though i have to constantly shift gears cos of the traffic. I travel 7.7 km one way and then 7.7 km back from work, maybe thats why?

I shift to second at 15km and 3rd gear at 30km and 4th at 40/50 km depending on traffic. I did an ecu reset and the engine "breathes better" gave it for service too. But im not sure why such poor FE !!

Any distance around 3 km + 3 km is good enough for Engine to warm-up and deliver around 10-12 kpl. More than this distance, will result in better FE.

About 2 inches of pressure ?! I think my A pedal travels less than 1 inch from its highest point most of the times. I apply pressure gently, let rpm build gradually, take the toes off MOMENTARILY, then apply gentle pressure... the ECU understands that i want "some Delta increment of Power", and supplies fuel accordingly. And the cycle goes on till desired speed is reached. 2+ inches deflections are reserved for spirited (mad) acceleration times [;)]

I'll leave further comments to experts who drive a K12 engine.

Last edited:

Top Bottom