Fuel Efficiency Figures of Your Cars

My XUV 500 records a fuel efficiency of 13+ kmpl on the good, the bad and the ugly roads consistently with ACC always on, measured tankful-to-tankful method during my drives across India.
My XUV 500 beats its own past records. After the latest NE drive of 6,942 km, it recorded a fuel efficiency of 14.45 kmpl measured tankful-to-tankful. [:D][clap]

fe.jpg

My XUV 500 beats its own past records. After the latest NE drive of 6,942 km, it recorded a fuel efficiency of 14.45 kmpl measured tankful-to-tankful. [:D][clap]

View attachment 237971
hi J.Ravi
you mean 6942kms in 14 days across India,thats some serious mile-munching bro.[clap]
you need to put your thrilling experience in words and share it with us bro.

Here is mine:
Here comes my figures.

* Vehicle : Yamaha SZ-X
* Fuel : Diesel
* Method : Reserve to Reserve
* City Mileage: 50 KMPL.
* Highway Mileage: Yet to Check.
That's really interesting! - I must be dumb to ask this but is the SZ-X a motorbike or is it a car? If the former then I must say that a Yamaha bike running on diesel is a rare gem![:)] And if it is a car, then too its a novelty for me - I didn't know Yamaha went in for 4-wheeler manufacture!

That's really interesting! - I must be dumb to ask this but is the SZ-X a motorbike or is it a car? If the former then I must say that a Yamaha bike running on diesel is a rare gem![:)] And if it is a car, then too its a novelty for me - I didn't know Yamaha went in for 4-wheeler manufacture!
Yamaha doesn't manufacture CARS
SZ-X is popular Yamaha Bike

Got around 23.5 Kmpl(tankful to tankful) on my 2014 Honda City Diesel after doing around 340 Kms on second leg of trip from Warangal to Hyderabad this week.Total trip done was 580 Kms(up and down)but I had reset the Trip-B at Warangal just to calculate the FE.Odo reading as of today is 48714 Kms.

We filled the fuel worth Rs.1000 at Warangal costing Rs.69.06 per litre.

Last edited:
Latest figure of my Xcent VTVT 1.2(2015) 21kmpl
Total fuel filled 47.36
Distance covered 999.4kms
Highway:city - 80:20
Maintained speed at 80-95kmph, not crossing above 2.5K RPM
Did a stretch of 7.7kms at 140+
Upshifting at 2000-2200 rpm.

Car: Baleno Petrol
Tyre pressure : 32 PSI
MID: 26.2 km/l
Load: Four Punjabi adults
Cruising speed : 77km/h (GPS)
Distance: 180km
Tarmac: 63% 4 four lane, 37% link road

Baleno is a RE bullet in disguise bar the extra two wheels, it really sips fuel.
I ripped the last 5kms at 120km/h which brought the fuel economy down to 26.2kmpl from jaw dropping 27kmpl.

Did an 800+ km Ooty Coonoor trip on my beloved Tia. The FE recorded here is Highway+City+Steep ghats with AC used all the time except on inclines. Top speed touched was 120kmph. Car was fairly stable on the highways. Suspension felt great for the rough roads I encountered few places. 473kms is my max Fuel filling interval till date on the Tiago. FE is decent for such a heavy car. Attaching Fuelio screenshot of my latest fuel fills.
Screenshot_20180505-144504.png

Did an 800+ km Ooty Coonoor trip on my beloved Tia. The FE recorded here is Highway+City+Steep ghats with AC used all the time except on inclines. Top speed touched was 120kmph. Car was fairly stable on the highways. Suspension felt great for the rough roads I encountered few places. 473kms is my max Fuel filling interval till date on the Tiago. FE is decent for such a heavy car. Attaching Fuelio screenshot of my latest fuel fills.
View attachment 244192
Yeah that's a decent FE for a petrol car. What's surprising is the MID figures which is off by a good 20%. Looks like TATA did a Maruti there [:D]. My car( Grand i10) doesn't even have a MID FE indicator and i depend on fuelio app for FE figures. FE figures of my car is very similar to yours..I see that you are also using Fuelio app, do you mind sharing the FE till date, you should see that in home screen under "Average fuel consumption". Mine shows 14.0 kmpl with total ODO reading of 9300 kms.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a decent FE for a petrol car. What's surprising is the MID figures which is off by a good 20%. Looks like TATA did a Maruti there [:D]. My car( Grand i10) doesn't even have a MID FE indicator and i depend on fuelio app for FE figures. FE figures of my car is very similar to yours..I see that you are also using Fuelio app, do you mind sharing the FE till date, you should see that in home screen under "Average fuel consumption". Mine shows 14.0 kmpl with total ODO reading of 9300 kms.
Yes Tata provides some really overhyped kmpl readings on the mid something like the older Swift did. You're getting some really decent FE on your Grand i10. I have kept my brothers Grand i10 for 4 months and really like the car, also have an i10 and i20 in my own family all petrol. FE wise overall I feel they are all in the same ballpark give or take. Tiago gives slightly lower FE I guess if I drive only on first and second gears but would certainly give more if driven sedately on 4th, 5th gear. The tuning seems to be like that.
Overall FE is 12.3 kmpl till date but I have missed few fillups in between. One thing to note is car is mostly driven in traffic proned and bad narrow roads of Bangalore so I am fine with the FE overall.

Maruti Suzuki A-star
2009 77k kms

Lowest : 12.5kmpl in heavy traffic and with lots of ac idle.
Average : 16-20kmpl in normal traffic.
Highway mileage : 18-23kmpl.
Highest mileage: 29kmpl without ac, early morning drive.

Yes Tata provides some really overhyped kmpl readings on the mid something like the older Swift did. You're getting some really decent FE on your Grand i10. I have kept my brothers Grand i10 for 4 months and really like the car, also have an i10 and i20 in my own family all petrol. FE wise overall I feel they are all in the same ballpark give or take. Tiago gives slightly lower FE I guess if I drive only on first and second gears but would certainly give more if driven sedately on 4th, 5th gear. The tuning seems to be like that.
Overall FE is 12.3 kmpl till date but I have missed few fillups in between. One thing to note is car is mostly driven in traffic proned and bad narrow roads of Bangalore so I am fine with the FE overall.
I get higher FE since we don't face bumper to bumper traffic in my city often and moreover at least 50% of my running in on highways which helps too. I believe the newer lot of Grand i10 especially the 2017 model are a little more fuel efficient than older Hyundai's.

Maruti Suzuki A-star
2009 77k kms

Lowest : 12.5kmpl in heavy traffic and with lots of ac idle.
Average : 16-20kmpl in normal traffic.
Highway mileage : 18-23kmpl.
Highest mileage: 29kmpl without ac, early morning drive.
That's superb FE, Kichu.
Getting a good Mileage on Kerala Highways is a task in itself. Apart from maybe the Wayalar- Thrissur stretch, rest of the Kerala highways is nothing more than a fast moving city traffic.

Last edited:

Top Bottom