Fuel Economy Star Ratings w.e.f 01st April 2016

Thread Starter #1
I just saw the news and Sushil Kumar Shinde (Power Minister) quoted saying from next year, all the engine should be marked with the mileage. Initially it will not be mandatory, but after sometime it will made mandatory to all manufacturer.

Not much details though.

350Z

Core Team
Somewhat like energy saving stars that we see on electric household items? Sounds good. Any particular period. When in 2010?

Drive Safe,
350Z

What difference is it gonna make ?
Anything people come up with.

Would all companies now put a extra metal plate with the mileage cored onto it ?
If sticker,how may days would it stay ?

It gives a impression like the showroom people fool the customers by giving false mileage details.

350Z

Core Team
Neil.Bhujbal said:
It gives a impression like the showroom people fool the customers by giving false mileage details.
Dealers usually do this. If it is implemented, it will be officially claimed fuel efficiency of the car and buyer can no more be fooled around. This is beneficial for a nation where every next person asks "Kitna deti hai?"

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
I am sure it should not be a sticker.

Neil, i don't see any harm in putting this figure. It can be helpful, in case anybody has confusion/doubt regarding mileage.

350Z

Core Team
Chevrolet is putting up ARAI claimed FE stickers already on brand new cars. But the thing said here is different. It won't be stickers for sure. Something engraved inside the hood should work.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Earlie even xenon lights were not allowed in some places,but that dint stop car manufacturer to sell cars with xenon lights.People still pay fines for this thing in some places.

Even just drilling that single plate onto the engine,etc takes time,effort,cost. So what i want to know is will the manufactures actually follow this rule ?

O T - Is the ARAI mileage equal to what we get on actual roads ?

Nobody can guarntee how much you will get on-road mileage. But there should be some indicator.
Yes if someone wants they surely can. 5 kms of driving on city roads & 2kms on highway,thats all it takes.

And yes these are more real time figures than what the ARAI,etc give.Why not put up these figures ?

Now whats the use of putting up figures onto the engine which is achievable only when one drives in the same speed for hours and hours.

napster

Suspended
mileage is some thing which depends equally on both the engine adn the peron behind the wheel. No car's mileage can be fixed so figures given by the manufacturers can never match the figures which people usually get. marking mileage on the engine wont be of much use anyways.

There can't be a sticker in the engine. It'll be like embedded or like a badge. A good move. ARAI's figures are far better than company claimed figures. I laugh every time, when Chevy claims Tavera's mileage to be 19 kpl.

There can't be a sticker in the engine. It'll be like embedded or like a badge. A good move. ARAI's figures are far better than company claimed figures. I laugh every time, when Chevy claims Tavera's mileage to be 19 kpl.
We are not told the company claimed Mileage,its the ARAI's mileage we get to know & its equally funny.

I'm talking about the company claimed mileage of Tavera on newspapers and on other sources. Don't know if they have changed to ARAI's figures recently.

Top Bottom