Tata Bolt XM Petrol Frustrated Owner

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,
It feels painful to me to share my experience with my 3.5 year old Tata Bolt P. , As my family has good 10 year experience of Tata Indica Xeta I also decided to go with Tata brand and purchased this car on May 2015. Car runs very good initially 2.5 years. Fulfills my needs of travelling without any niggles so I was very happy to own this car. But in Feb 2018 car started to give problem. While travelling on NH4 highway with my father at the speed of almost 70-80 Kmpl, car suddenly lost pickup and accelerator went to ideal. Bang.........at middle of highway road immediately I started hazard lamp, meanwhile other cars behind me stared honking. It was very horror experience to me. Somehow I manage to get out of highway lane. I called Tata motors service assistance and towed my car to nearest authorized service dealer. He rectifies the problem but not confident. Following was the error code he got.

233999-cd46b3f54334e8a613a83e5abacc1fc7.gif

Same problem repeats again after 1 week, towed to service center, Concorde Thathwade, Pune. Again he rectified and told that it was due to loose ground connections. later car runs well for 1 year but yesterday same problem occurred while driving in Pune traffic. Now I towed my car to nearest service center which is Panchjanya at KSB chowk, Pimpri Pune. After initial inspection by technician told that this problem is due to spark plug issue.
I really wonder whether this guys able to solve this problem or not. Finally car is now at service center for two days and I am feeling hopeless, why I showed so much faith on Tata brand while I have other very good and trusted options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys,
It feels painful to me to share my experience with my 3.5 year old Tata Bolt P. , As my family has good 10 year experience of Tata Indica Xeta I also decided to go with Tata brand and purchased this car on May 2015. Car runs very good initially 2.5 years. Fulfills my needs of travelling without any niggles so I was very happy to own this car. But in Feb 2018 car started to give problem. While travelling on NH4 highway with my father at the speed of almost 70-80 Kmpl, car suddenly lost pickup and accelerator went to ideal. Bang.........at middle of highway road immediately I started hazard lamp, meanwhile other cars behind me stared honking. It was very horror experience to me. Somehow I manage to get out of highway lane. I called Tata motors service assistance and towed my car to nearest authorized service dealer. He rectifies the problem but not confident. Following was the error code he got.

View attachment 256483

Same problem repeats again after 1 week, towed to service center, Concorde Thathwade, Pune. Again he rectified and told that it was due to loose ground connections. later car runs well for 1 year but yesterday same problem occurred while driving in Pune traffic. Now I towed my car to nearest service center which is Panchjanya at KSB chowk, Pimpri Pune. After initial inspection by technician told that this problem is due to spark plug issue.
I really wonder whether this guys able to solve this problem or not. Finally car is now at service center for two days and I am feeling hopeless, why I showed so much faith on Tata brand while I have other very good and trusted options.
Have you discussed this with any Zest owners - since both the car uses Revotron turbo petrol engine ? I haven't heard any error stories on Zest Revotron engine. Try escalating the issue through
TMSC app, Twitter etc. Are you a member of any Zest/ Bolt WhatsApp group ?

Thread Starter #3
Have you discussed this with any Zest owners - since both the car uses Revotron turbo petrol engine ? I haven't heard any error stories on Zest Revotron engine. Try escalating the issue through
TMSC app, Twitter etc. Are you a member of any Zest/ Bolt WhatsApp group ?
Hi jagrover,

Thanks for suggestion. This issue was due to loose ground connection as told by service technician. I posted on facebook group of Zest owner, surprisingly lots of people have this issue due to different reasons.

Top Bottom