From Polo 1.5 TDI to GT TSI

I got the steering wheel form gcptuning. it was well packed but after the order i tried to contact them but there was no response from them. It costed me $568.82 including shipping, thankfully no custom duties levied. Thank god the steering worked.
In prefacelift models the airbag was attached via clips with the steering wheel but in new models springs are used instead of clips. According to SA this makes it difficult to remove the airbag.
I love the steering wheel. Planning on getting it myself.[drive]
Got some questions though:

1. What courier service did gcptuning use ? Did the courier service ask for any KYC ( know your customer ) paperwork ? Did the seller send it as a gift so as to avoid duty ?
2. Did you get the steering wheel fixed from volkswagen itself ? will it void the warranty ?
3. After fixing the steering wheel, did it require a vcds settings change ?

Thread Starter #94
I love the steering wheel. Planning on getting it myself.[drive]
Got some questions though:

1. What courier service did gcptuning use ? Did the courier service ask for any KYC ( know your customer ) paperwork ? Did the seller send it as a gift so as to avoid duty ?
2. Did you get the steering wheel fixed from volkswagen itself ? will it void the warranty ?
3. After fixing the steering wheel, did it require a vcds settings change ?
Here are the answers to your questions:

1. gcptuning used Fedex and i remember they charged 75$ for shipping alone. I think they give you 2 options for shipping. I didn't have to go through any paperwork and just received the parcel direct at home without any custom duty.[:D]

2. Yes, i get the steering wheel installed at VW itself, i don't think it will void your warranty because i was having problems with my AC and they changed some parts in warranty further they gave me extended warranty for two years all this after installing steering wheel and headunit.

3. no setting were changed after installing the steering it was simple plug and play.

I hope this helps in making a decision. Goodluck

OT: My car has run 10500 km in 11 months, will be going for 1st service in the next fifteen days.

Here are the answers to your questions:

2. Yes, i get the steering wheel installed at VW itself, i don't think it will void your warranty because i was having problems with my AC and they changed some parts in warranty further they gave me extended warranty for two years all this after installing steering wheel and headunit.
how much did the labour cost for the steering wheel upgrade ?

Thread Starter #97
Got my car serviced at VW karnal on 27-10-2016. Total Invoice amount was: 14020 of which 5968 was for replacing driver's side rear view mirror.:eek:

Can't upload invoice because of poor health of paper.:sorry:

The car has run 13000 kms.
The only thing i didn't liked is AC, not a chiller like Polo diesel.

Damaged one alloy and front bumper in East Patel Nagar, Delhi. Was not able to see bull bar of a suv parked on road due to traffic.
Mods planned:
If someone is accepting old notes will go for Headlight upgrade.
Also think of buying DAS 6 pro from Detailed clean.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think the rear view mirror is auto folding. If yes then price is normal sInce the car itself is costly. Still 8k for service is expensive. Vw really need to bring down the maintenance costs.

Thread Starter #99
Let me tell you that this amount is after 10% discount on labour and 5% discount on parts. They charged odd 571 rupees for car lubrication and another 614 rupees for wheel balancing and alignment.

Thread Starter #100
I have bee quoted 23000 for GTi style headlights and 27000 for matrix style headlights by auto connections Delhi. Are these prices on the higher side, how much should i negotiate?

Thread Starter #105
Updating this thread after very long time.
Second Service Completed on 09-10-2017. The amount came to 9300 including taxes. Car is running fine, hopefully remains like this for few more years. Service Experience was average, nothing to write about. Thinking of upgrading few things in my car will so so when the budget permits. [:D]

Used Premium fuel few times but observed no change in cars behavior, Returned to normal fuel. Getting 14 KMPL average. Bonnet got few scratches due to cat visiting the house. Can any one tell me how to remove bird dropping from roof of my car?
Invoice for second service is attached.

Attachments

Top Bottom