From Polo 1.5 TDI to GT TSI

Hi,
Congratulations on your GT TSI!! Awesome review and nice pictures [clap] Please do keep us updated.
Some questions:
  • Are you planning any modifications? As you are going to 3M tomorrow, how about trying a glossy black vinyl wrap?
  • What milage are you currently getting?
  • How to switch on front windshield washer? Tried pulling stalk up but it did not work.
  • What is the use of the button next to the hazard light switch? Have seen this button in our Vento too and was still not able to figure out its use.
Enjoy your ride and ride safe!
With regards,
Harikrishnan

Thread Starter #33
Hi,
Congratulations on your GT TSI!! Awesome review and nice pictures [clap] Please do keep us updated.
Some questions:
  • Are you planning any modifications? As you are going to 3M tomorrow, how about trying a glossy black vinyl wrap?
  • What milage are you currently getting?
  • How to switch on front windshield washer? Tried pulling stalk up but it did not work.
  • What is the use of the button next to the hazard light switch? Have seen this button in our Vento too and was still not able to figure out its use.
Enjoy your ride and ride safe!
With regards,
Harikrishnan
Thanks.
I returned from 3M but my experience was horrible, i went for new car paint sealant. Firstly the swril marks were not removed, he said they will need to compound the whole car which is not a good practice on a new car. I don't know about this.
The car was looking good when i left for home but after returning i noticed to much dirt sticking to car. It was like some oil was applied to the car and the dirt stick to it, I don't know how to explain this. Attaching a pic maybe you car understand.

So in nutshell Rs. 4000 down the gutter.[cry]

Will i recommend this treatment to anybody, No.

Regarding roof wrap he quoted Rs. 7500 approx for Gloss Wrap. Which was quite expensive IMO.

Answering your Questions Harkrishnan:

1. I am thinking of getting extended warranty so any performance mod is not planned right now. Have to talk to agency because i have already installed GTI steering wheel.

Regarding aesthetics:
I am getting Touchscreen headunit next month.

2. My 100% run is on highway and i am getting 14 to 17 kmpl depending on the speed i am doing (according to instrument cluster).

3. Regarding windshield washer, maybe the water tank is empty. You have to talk to agency because in my car it works flawlessly.

4. The button next to hazard light switch is for turning off ESP. I have never touched this button.

I hope i was able to answer all your queries.

i hope you can see the dirt i am talking about. IMG_3945.JPG

Answering your Questions Harkrishnan:

3. Regarding windshield washer, maybe the water tank is empty. You have to talk to agency because in my car it works flawlessly. [/QUOTE]
I think we will have to pull the stalk away from us.
4. The button next to hazard light switch is for turning off ESP. I have never touched this button.
Our Vento is a TDI MT varient and I think it has no ESP. ESP is only for automatics right? I meant about the highlighted button in the attachment. The image shown is from Polo GT TDI.
Image credits: Gannu_1 of Team BHP

Attachments

Our Vento is a TDI MT varient and I think it has no ESP. ESP is only for automatics right? I meant about the highlighted button in the attachment. The image shown is from Polo GT TDI.
Image credits: Gannu_1 of Team BHP
Hi , yes you are right, my brother has a Vento TDI DSG and that has an ESP switch there. ESP is exclusive only to the automatic variants.
hi harikrishnan that is a rear window defogger button not ESP on of switch.
He was trying to ask whether there is a difference in b/w the buttons of manual and automatic.

hi harikrishnan that is a rear window defogger button not ESP on of switch.
my brother has a Vento TDI DSG and that has an ESP switch there. ESP is exclusive only to the automatic variants.

He was trying to ask whether there is a difference in b/w the buttons of manual and automatic.
Yes, both of you are right. Actually, what happened was that my friend confused me. When I told about using defogger to prevent misting of rear glass, he asked where is its switch. When I told that defogger switch is next to hazard light switch. But he told he was sure that was not defogger switch and it is some other switch. So the confusion starts [:D]

Thread Starter #39
received windows headunit today will install in the evening, very excited about it.[:D]

paid 2062 as custom duty.[cry]

my GTI steering wheel came without paying any custom duty.

Its my 100th post on TAI. yippee!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42
Thread Starter #43
Someone from TAI has installed the same headunit in his car, i hope he reads this message and help me out.
The seller is continuously saying one thing that i need to connect av cable to the speakers. but i know this is not required. so please help me.[frustration]

Top Bottom