From Polo 1.5 TDI to GT TSI

@ type-r
Hey Buddy,

As your signature mentions you own a VW Polo Petrol, Can you brief me about the car, its performance, average, engine capability etc?

@ jazzyb- Congratulations for the new machine I would say. same car with different diet and strength!!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Flashing News: so it turns out that orvms in polo gt do not fold backward.
Result: My drivers side orvm is broken and auto fold feature doesn't work even on passenger side orvm.
How it happened: i was at a toll plaza near udaipur and was trying to enter a lane. The trailer on my right side didn't applied brakes and kissed my orvm and it broke.
Expected damage: 10 to 15 thousand.
Interesting thing: mirror adjustment function and orvm turn indicator is still working.
Another bad news: there is snow storm in US so delivery of my gti steering wheel will be delayed.

Flashing News: so it turns out that orvms in polo gt do not fold backward.
Result: My drivers side orvm is broken and auto fold feature doesn't work even on passenger side orvm.
How it happened: i was at a toll plaza near udaipur and was trying to enter a lane. The trailer on my right side didn't applied brakes and kissed my orvm and it broke.
Expected damage: 10 to 15 thousand.
Interesting thing: mirror adjustment function and orvm turn indicator is still working.
Another bad news: there is snow storm in US so delivery of my gti steering wheel will be delayed.
That is bad news. Instead of replacing, you can try jugaad and fix it on its normal position (open). Since adjustment and blinkers are working, only thing you will miss out is auto-closing (which isn't that important if you keep your ORVMs open at all times).

10/15k was for one ORVM? Or set?

Thread Starter #23
That is bad news. Instead of replacing, you can try jugaad and fix it on its normal position (open). Since adjustment and blinkers are working, only thing you will miss out is auto-closing (which isn't that important if you keep your ORVMs open at all times).

10/15k was for one ORVM? Or set?
Tried the jugaad but it didn't work. The autofold assemblt is working only the orvm part which connects it to the Assembly is broken. The new orvm will cost 5700 plus taxes plus labour. I told them to order the new orvm but they told me that it will take more that 10 days because there are 10 days holidays at VW. Typical VW. But one thing i will give to vw the quality of paint even inside the door trim was top notch i think it will put to shame some cars exterior paint. Meanwhile i got fixed the regular polo orvm without autofold and blinkers. The size is tad bigger but i will manage. It costed rs. 2800 including labour.

Tried the jugaad but it didn't work. The autofold assemblt is working only the orvm part which connects it to the Assembly is broken. The new orvm will cost 5700 plus taxes plus labour. I told them to order the new orvm but they told me that it will take more that 10 days because there are 10 days holidays at VW. Typical VW. But one thing i will give to vw the quality of paint even inside the door trim was top notch i think it will put to shame some cars exterior paint. Meanwhile i got fixed the regular polo orvm without autofold and blinkers. The size is tad bigger but i will manage. It costed rs. 2800 including labour.
Why not to look for orvm on olx or similar site. I found this on pune olx.

Vento Mirror at cheapest rate - Pune - Spare Parts

If you are lucky you will find something for your polo.

Why not to look for orvm on olx or similar site. I found this on pune olx.

Vento Mirror at cheapest rate - Pune - Spare Parts

If you are lucky you will find something for your polo.
Yes great idea Sandeep.

jazzyb5454 - I know a guy from Punjab/Delhi (not sure) who deals in these ORVM, headlight, taillight stuff at good prices. Name of his company is Pal Auto. A very honest and nice guy, he ships all over India. I will PM you his number if you need.

Thread Starter #26
The car has done more than 4000 kms which includes 1600 kms trip to Rajasthan.

The car performed exceptionally well.

Once you press the race pedal down all the way kick down functions activates and the car march forward like a mad bull (love that feeling).

Easy highway cruising. (At hundred the RPM stays at 2000 and you cant' hear engine noise in the cabin. Even at 120 the noise is absent).

Seating is good in my opinion. Done 800 Kms in 12 hrs including Delhi Traffic and two long break of 20 - 25 minutes. I think its more because of automatic.

If you drive sedately you can easily get more that 18. Drive at more than 100-110 the fuel efficiency drops fast.
Liked the exhaust note when pressed the pedal.
Used only D mode till now. Its more than enough. leave S mode for track only. I am not comfortable with tiptronic mode.

I think the gearbox knows the traffic condition. because in Jaipur city traffic the gears were not shifting early whereas on highway it shifts early.

GT has cornering light function, works only when headlights are switched on. Came to know this feature while parking the car at home after the trip[embarass].

Braking power of the car is not upto the mark. The steering felt a bit lighter at highway.
Rear bumper lower part comes down which looks odd. Other Polo owners will understand what i am talking about and if you found a solution for it please do tell me.

Now the car paint quality
IMG_3918.JPG
IMG_3919.JPG

Thread Starter #27
i have a question for all the car owners.
I take out my car (Polo GT TSI) only on sundays, because i don't like to take my car in the city and my city is small so i really don't feel the need of car. Should i start the car for few minutes every day to keep every thing in check on should i not be worried about it?

Thread Starter #28
On Saturday i got done a major upgrade on my Polo GT.
Installed GTI Steering Wheel with paddles.
It was a simple plug and play but removing the airbag from the steering was bit tricky. Otherwise it was a simple swap. No errors on VAS.
All buttons works perfectly.
Here are some pics.[glasses]

Attachments

On Saturday i got done a major upgrade on my Polo GT.
Installed GTI Steering Wheel with paddles.
It was a simple plug and play but removing the airbag from the steering was bit tricky. Otherwise it was a simple swap. No errors on VAS.
All buttons works perfectly.
Here are some pics.[glasses]
That's the nice upgrade.

Can you please share from where you ordered the steering wheel and cost of it?

Also what was the tricky part in removing the airbag from steering wheel?

Thread Starter #30
That's the nice upgrade.

Can you please share from where you ordered the steering wheel and cost of it?

Also what was the tricky part in removing the airbag from steering wheel?
I got the steering wheel form gcptuning. it was well packed but after the order i tried to contact them but there was no response from them. It costed me $568.82 including shipping, thankfully no custom duties levied. Thank god the steering worked.
In prefacelift models the airbag was attached via clips with the steering wheel but in new models springs are used instead of clips. According to SA this makes it difficult to remove the airbag.

Top Bottom