From Polo 1.5 TDI to GT TSI

Updating this thread after very long time.
Second Service Completed on 09-10-2017. The amount came to 9300 including taxes. Car is running fine, hopefully remains like this for few more years. Service Experience was average, nothing to write about. Thinking of upgrading few things in my car will so so when the budget permits. [:D]

Used Premium fuel few times but observed no change in cars behavior, Returned to normal fuel. Getting 14 KMPL average. Bonnet got few scratches due to cat visiting the house. Can any one tell me how to remove bird dropping from roof of my car?
Invoice for second service is attached.
Thanks for sharing the info. Just wanted to know it the dealer asked or mentioned at any point of time about changing the spark plugs in the 2nd service?

When I took my car for 1st service the SA told me that in the second service the spark plugs have to be changed as per the service schedule mentioned by vw.

Thread Starter #107
Good you mentioned it, i remember he told me that spark plugs will be changed. My running was low so i told him to check the condition of current ones before replacing the spark plugs. Turns out they were in good condition and were not changed during the service.

i am getting brembo drilled rotors for 11500 and brembo plain rotors for 8000. Which one should i go for? It there any other good option for my GT TSI.
I would prefer if you can get slotted rotors that would be good. Drilled rotors would just fine as well. Both these drilled/slotted rotors will any way have more brake bit over the normal rotors. So if you're upgrading better go for slotted/ drilled ones.

Black Diamond, Tarox & Dixcel are the other aftermarket rotors available. Won't come this cheap for sure.

Thread Starter #110
I would prefer if you can get slotted rotors that would be good. Drilled rotors would just fine as well. Both these drilled/slotted rotors will any way have more brake bit over the normal rotors. So if you're upgrading better go for slotted/ drilled ones.

Black Diamond, Tarox & Dixcel are the other aftermarket rotors available. Won't come this cheap for sure.
I am getting black diamond rotors(slotted and drilled) for Rs. 26800 are they really worth the extra price over brembo drilled rotors? and where can i get K&N 57S-9505 performance intake kit?
Third service is coming so i am planning all these upgrades. I have already ordered euro spec air intake with service center.

All help in this regard will be really appreciated.

Last edited:
I am getting black diamond rotors(slotted and drilled) for Rs. 26800 are they really worth the extra price over brembo drilled rotors? and where can i get K&N 57S-9505 performance intake kit?
Third service is coming so i am planning all these upgrades. I have already ordered euro spec air intake with service center.

All help in this regard will be really appreciated.
I've Black Diamond to be better than Brembo's. Though I don't have any personal experience. Few friend's of mine have swapped from Brembo to Black Diamond and they are pretty happy about it.

Thread Starter #113
Third Service Update:
Competed third service of GT TSI on Monday.
The car has done 24000 kms, changed spark plugs during the service but according to the guy working on my car they were as good as new but didn't take any chances and replaced them. Engine oil was also in good condition changed this also.
Apart from regular service changed some parts in my car.
1. Installed brembo drilled rotor with brembo black pads.
2. Installed K&N 57s Air Intake System with Euro spec air channel guide.
3. I also bought used PDC module from ebay but it didn't worked in my car. Bad luck i must say.
4. I as also having custom steering wheel cover but nobody was able to install it in my car including local car accessories dealers.

Driving experience after these updates:
The braking has marginally improved but the spongy feeling is still there. Could not feel any difference in performance or average after installing the K&N 57s System. The drilled rotors look cool[:D].

Other Updates:
Driver Side rear door got damaged had to go second hand route and replaced the entire door because the original door was beyond repair. while travelling on highway a broken piece of tyre came under the car tyre driving in front of me and the tyre flied and my car took a hit. Front grill, headlight and bumper took damage, will post pics soon. I will claim insurance on this.

Cheers.

Attachments

Third Service Update:
Competed third service of GT TSI on Monday.
The car has done 24000 kms, changed spark plugs during the service but according to the guy working on my car they were as good as new but didn't take any chances and replaced them. Engine oil was also in good condition changed this also.
Apart from regular service changed some parts in my car.
1. Installed brembo drilled rotor with brembo black pads.
2. Installed K&N 57s Air Intake System with Euro spec air channel guide.
3. I also bought used PDC module from ebay but it didn't worked in my car. Bad luck i must say.
4. I as also having custom steering wheel cover but nobody was able to install it in my car including local car accessories dealers.

Driving experience after these updates:
The braking has marginally improved but the spongy feeling is still there. Could not feel any difference in performance or average after installing the K&N 57s System. The drilled rotors look cool[:D].

Other Updates:
Driver Side rear door got damaged had to go second hand route and replaced the entire door because the original door was beyond repair. while travelling on highway a broken piece of tyre came under the car tyre driving in front of me and the tyre flied and my car took a hit. Front grill, headlight and bumper took damage, will post pics soon. I will claim insurance on this.

Cheers.
Great upgrade by the way. I have heard great things about the K&N 57S airbox. Can you tell me how the airbox & the euro spec air channel together perform . And also please share from where you had sourced them.

Top Bottom