Free Flow Exhaust for Diesel Cars.

Re: My Italian Horse in Bossa Nova White - Fiat Punto 90HP

Well,if you are going for ECU remap job done,then what about adding a custom free flow exhaust to the Pintu..this will help him speak his words even louder and more clearer.And his sound will feel even more sweet(for us).
With ECU remap a free flow exhaust will add a lot to the performance.
Well, I dont really think a FFE will suit a diesel car. A diesel car grunts with FFE, unlike a petrol's nice growl.

Also, FFE has an irreversible impact on the engine, so I would avoid that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, I dont really think a FFE will suit a diesel car. A diesel car grunts with FFE, unlike a petrol's nice growl.

Also, FFE has an irreversible impact on the engine, so I would avoid that.
dear raj,
wish that was more elaborate, I have not much knowledge into autos and most of the reference and wiki's goes above my head ...

I prefer layman's language.
as we have generally in TAI. (Desi ishtyle with lot of debate)

dear raj,
wish that was more elaborate, I have not much knowledge into autos and most of the reference and wiki's goes above my head ...

Its Free flow exhaust.

dear raj,

FFE is free flow exhaust. Many people install it in their cars to get that loud and sporty exhaust note/sound. But that works well in petrol cars. In diesels, it gives a loud grunting noise!

But how the FFE can have an irreversible effect on the engine?
Secondly I have heard that with slight dip in FE,they enhance performance too..

FFE reduces the backpressure of the exhaust gases. Not only that, it is also harmful for the environment as you do away with the Cat-Con.

Wow,then you must add one.This will give a good performance boost.
Okay,leave the FFE.Just answer a question of mine:-
Isn't there any exhaust available in the market which doesn't increase the exhaust sound significantly but gives a good performance enhancement..

FFE is free flow exhaust. Many people install it in their cars to get that loud and sporty exhaust note/sound. But that works well in petrol cars. In diesels, it gives a loud grunting noise!
I know FFE means free flow exhaust. long back when i used to read other forums whose favorite were honda city with FFE.

but why is there a discrimination regarding sound ?

is there some other means of performance improvement as Vipul has asked above?

Wow,then you must add one.This will give a good performance boost.
Okay,leave the FFE.Just answer a question of mine:-
Isn't there any exhaust available in the market which doesn't increase the exhaust sound significantly but gives a good performance enhancement..
You can tune the FFE for low sound also. My friend has a FFE in his Lancer but his car is not at all loud. That is because he did not want to show off with a loud exhaust. He just needed better performance.

I know FFE means free flow exhaust. long back when i used to read other forums whose favorite were honda city with FFE.

but why is there a discrimination regarding sound ?

is there some other means of performance improvement as Vipul has asked above?
I guess, that is because petrol engines are high revving unlike diesel engines. This is just a wild guess though.

For diesels, the best method of performance improvement is a performance chip. Maybe you can even add a K&N.

For petrols, along with FFE, you can get Cold air intake along with modified headers for smoother flow of the exhaust.

Limit is installing an aftermarket turbocharger or supercharger!

You can tune the FFE for low sound also. My friend has a FFE in his Lancer but his car is not at all loud. That is because he did not want to show off with a loud exhaust. He just needed better performance.
You said FFE reduces the back pressure of the exhaust gases.But how does it affect the engine?
You said somewhere "FFE has irreversible impact on engine"..

I guess, that is because petrol engines are high revving unlike diesel engines. This is just a wild guess though.

For diesels, the best method of performance improvement is a performance chip. Maybe you can even add a K&N.

For petrols, along with FFE, you can get Cold air intake along with modified headers for smoother flow of the exhaust.

Limit is installing an aftermarket turbocharger or supercharger!
And what sort of mods are those tuning boxes like Pete's,Red rooster racing's and Spider's?

I hope I haven't bombarded you with excess of questions...[:)]

You said FFE reduces the back pressure of the exhaust gases.But how does it affect the engine?
You said somewhere "FFE has irreversible impact on engine"..
I have little knowledge on this. This was told to be by a friend who is into car modifications. I did not enquire much as I was not interested in FFE. So it is better I consult him before telling you the reason.

And what sort of mods are those tuning boxes like Pete's,Red rooster racing's and Spider's?
I did not get your query. Did you mean how the tuning box works?

I hope I haven't bombarded you with excess of questions...[:)]
Not at all. [thumbsup]

I have little knowledge on this. This was told to be by a friend who is into car modifications. I did not enquire much as I was not interested in FFE. So it is better I consult him before telling you the reason.
Will be waiting for it..

I did not get your query. Did you mean how the tuning box works?
Yeah,I asked the same...how they work?

Not at all. [thumbsup]
Was expecting the same from your side.[clap]

^^^ +10.

Its good to read such articles. I have gained lots of useful information from the net itself... and of course, forums like this.

Top Bottom