Formula 1 - 2013 Championship Season

I think quite frankly Alonso is a class apart - Massa when he is in his zone does well , we have seen plenty of those glimpses all through his career, he is good but not strong enough psychologically - in F1 its a matter of 1/10 th of second between good,better and exceptional drivers.
Alonso won his titles at the peak of Schumacher's career - to me he is up there among the bestest of the best!
Spot on IR. To be Alonso is always the best because even if he doesn't have the fastest car he will still finish on podium. Last year's performance is an example of that

Regards,
Sankar

In the current days, only two people qualify as talented... Kimi and Fernando. Fernando's driving is simply flawless!
Kimi was let down by his team. His tires were Almost 20 laps odd and during second safety car period they should have Changed the tires. One must have seen how Webber and Alonso raced through the field. Simply awesome.

Regards,
Sankar

I think Hamilton has been a bit unlucky this year (except Malaysia), but one should not take anything away from Rosberg he has been exceptional in qualifying but I personally think his wins are more of luck and opportunist. In Monaco he stuck his car on pole and was driving a fairly safe race Why? because no one can't overtake in Monaco. In British GP he inherited the 1st place after Lewis suffered a tyre blowout and Vettel retired from the GP.
I must say that I was surprised to see Nico outperform Schumacher, but Schumacher was past his prime. I think we can judge Nico after 2013 season ends.

What do you guys think of Rosberg given his performances last 2 year and especially this year against Hamilton ?
He has talent but i don't think he has the ability to extract 100% every second he is driving like Alonso or Kimi or Hamilton does. To be very frank Hamilton should have won the race. He was way quicker than Vettel but Rosberg couldn't catch Vettel in the race.

Regards,
Sankar

Guys things doesn't seem to be promising for Fernando in German GP. Fernando's Ferrari stopped on the installation lap during Friday practice 1 due to a mysterious electrical problem. Ferrari was looking at ECU to find out the root cause of the issue.
As speculated Ferrari's inability to heat up its tires is again causing some issues because Pirelli has now gone back to kevlar type tyres. It seems the issues with Ferrari is a fundamental one due to pull rod suspension [frustration] I hate to say this but it seems 2013 is over for us.

Guys things doesn't seem to be promising for Fernando in German GP. Fernando's Ferrari stopped on the installation lap during Friday practice 1 due to a mysterious electrical problem. Ferrari was looking at ECU to find out the root cause of the issue.
As speculated Ferrari's inability to heat up its tires is again causing some issues because Pirelli has now gone back to kevlar type tyres. It seems the issues with Ferrari is a fundamental one due to pull rod suspension [frustration] I hate to say this but it seems 2013 is over for us.
But Ferrari still has race pace name? They don't have out right qualifying pace but it seems Ferrari have good race pace. I am still vouching for Alonso. Always will[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

You are right that Ferrari has race pace but red bull, mercedes and lotuses are not slouch either if bulls and mercs start on pole and ferrari start on row 4 then championship chances are not great considering Vettel is already 21 points ahead and Kimi is breathing down on Fernando's neck.

You are right that Ferrari has race pace but red bull, mercedes and lotuses are not slouch either if bulls and mercs start on pole and ferrari start on row 4 then championship chances are not great considering Vettel is already 21 points ahead and Kimi is breathing down on Fernando's neck.
Against all odds Alonso still finished in podiums. So i am vouching for him to win the championship.

Regards,
Sankar

Seats available at Red Bull and Ferrari at the end of this season - whatever my head(or anyone) says , i wish Michael comes back yet again!!
To me the Sport feels incomplete without him!

Vettel/Schumacher combo could be deadly - daddy and baby!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #147
FIA announces pitlane clampdown

Formula 1's ruling body, the FIA, has announced an immediate ban on anyone other than marshals and team personnel in the pitlane during qualifying and races following the incident during the German Grand Prix.

Formula One Management cameraman Paul Allen suffered broken ribs, a broken collarbone and concussion after he was hit by a loose tyre from Mark Webber's car which fell off following a botched pitstop. He is expected to make a full recovery.

As well as the new personnel restrictions, with the only exception being approved members of the media allowed on the pit wall, the FIA is also fast-tracking a reduction in pitlane speed limits and the mandatory wearing of helmets for team members involved in pitstops.

A statement issued by the FIA said that its president Jean Todt had requested the World Motor Sport Council approve the changes, which had already been planned for 2014, immediately.

The pitlane speed limit will be reduced from 100km/h to 80km/h, except in Australia, Monaco and Singapore, where it will be 60km/h.

Furthermore the speed limit may be amended by the stewards if the safety delegate recommends it.

The FIA said it is also expecting a written report from Red Bull about the causes of the pitlane incident to be submitted on Wednesday. The details of this will be shared with other teams in order to help improve safety.

FIA announces pitlane clampdown | News | Autocar India

Minardi questions legality of Vettel's RB9

Former Formula 1 team-owner Giancarlo Minardi has questioned why Sebastian Vettel was so dominant in Singapore and just how he managed to outpace team-mate Mark Webber in a supposedly identical car. The German, who won the race with ease, was often two seconds faster than any other car during the race - not on just a few laps, but consistently.

Minardi, who was present at the race, described what he witnessed and made a comment relating to traction control which will surely fire up the conspiracy theorists. "From my suite, I chose some mainstays as a reference point in order to monitor and compare the drivers' way of driving," he said. "I was impressed by Vettel's neat way of driving on that stretch of the track. He was able to drive all that stretch without making any corrections, unlike all his rivals (also his team-mate). "On the same stretch, Sebastian was able to [accelerate] 50 metres before any other driver, Webber included. The thing that surprised me the most was the engine's output sound. Besides speeding up 50m before any other driver, the Renault engine of the German's car grinded like no other French engines on track, neither like Mark's.

"That sound was similar to the sound made by the engine when the traction control system got into action in the past seasons," he added. The 66-year-old can understand a small advantage, but says answers are needed as to how the three-time champion could pull away from his rivals by such a large amount each and every lap.

"It's not my intention to devalue Sebastian Vettel, who always manages his Red Bull the best way and I don't want even to jab at anyone, I just want to tell what I personally saw and heard during that three-day-event. "According to my experience, I think that a 2.5 second advantage each lap is really too much. It's like a three-generation development gap, it's a huge gap. "There are some aspects, Vettel's very neat way of driving, Vettel's speed-up 50m before the other drivers, the abnormal sound of the Renault engine and Vettel's more than 2 second advantage over his rivals that make me think and I would like to have some answers." -

Info - Minardi questions legality of Vettel's RB9

350Z

Core Team
Re: Indian Formula-1 GP 2013 – Tickets On Sale

Here’s a sneak peek of the trophy sketches of Indian F1 GP 2013.
Bengaluru-based designer Michael Foley has crafted the trophy for the forthcoming Airtel Indian Grand Prix 2013. The design of the trophy for 2013 Airtel Indian Grand Prix is an aesthetic interpretation of a contemporary and forward looking India on a global pedestal. To be bagged by the winner of the 2013 edition of Airtel Indian Grand Prix, Foley's trophy is all set to be an aesthetic interpretation of a contemporary trophy with a touch of Indian tradition.

Final trophy is an interesting combination of sports, technology, glamour, entertainment and youth - and we wanted the trophy for Airtel Indian Grand Prix to reflect each of these elements. After a lot of design work, we finally arrived at a trophy that is a perfect blend of contemporary and traditional India. The conceptualization stage lasted over a month and the final trophy in production now.

Formula 1 as a sport expresses the pinnacle of human endurance combined with the best of automotive technologies. The concept driving the trophies stems from this unique expression of the sport using a fusion of exquisite craftsmanship and high precision engineering. The cup is created with 24 metal slivers that are assembled around an axis, inspired by the 24 spokes of the 'chakra'. The material used to aptly depict this fusion is aircraft grade light-weight aluminium. The colours green, white and saffron are imbedded in the gaps between the slivers depicting a subtle expression of the Indian flag. The final avatars of the cup use a resilient ion-plating and anodising of aluminium to create a unique blend of metallic black, red and silver.

The brain behind The 2013 Airtel Indian Grand Prix trophy, ace trophy designer Michael Foley has various grand projects to his credit including the laudable commonwealth's queen’s baton. An alumnus of NID, Michael has every bit of “Indianess” in him which he further translates in his designs. He set up his own design studio ‘Foley Designs’ in Bangalore, a couple of years ago.
Airtel Indian Grand Prix 2013 Trophy .....jpg

Airtel Indian Grand Prix 2013 Trophy...jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
The D-Day has arrived. Yet again, Vettel has secured the pole position. Is the history going to repeat itself at Buddh International Circuit? Let’s watch out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom