Ford's New Small Car Named Figo (Specification on Pg.12)

350Z

Core Team
Huge Ford Figo Delivery in Kerela!

New Ford Figo deliveries in Kerala kicked off in high gear on March 18, as 71 customers waited excitedly at dealerships across the state for their new vehicles. "We could not have written a better script for opening day," said Kairali Ford dealer principle, Thomas Cherukara.

From left: Cherukara, John Ramanattu, sales manager, Kairali Ford, customers Brig. T Radha Krishnan and his wife, and Wark, pose in front of Figo.
At Cherukara's dealership in Kochi, where 31 new Figos were handed over to customers, the festive atmosphere was heightened with fireworks and a traditional drumming band.

Ford India Executive Director of Marketing, Sales and Service, Nigel Wark, joined Cherukara to personally hand over the vehicles to customers.

Nigel Wark and the team at Kairali Ford in Kochi.
"It's the first time I have experienced such a fun handover event," said Cherukara. "When I saw how excited my customers were to receive their vehicles, there was no doubt in my mind that Figo is going to change the Ford business in India."

On the same day the vehicles were handed over at the Kairali Ford dealership, customers picked up Figos in cities across Kerala state. Dealerships in Trivandrum, Trichur, Kottayam, and Kollam handed over a total of 40 new Figos to customers.

A quarter of the customers who picked up their Figos in Kerala on March 18 were first-time vehicle buyers, and 35 percent were non-Ford brand owners. Less than 10 percent of the customers had previously owned a Ford vehicle.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

First of all, thanks a lot [:D]. The red dashboard is optional only on the Zxi variant, not the range-topping Titanium variant. This will surely hurt sales of the Titanium variant. Feature wise, i feel it is adequately equipped. Even the mid-variant features a music system with 4 speakers! And it also comes with an engine immobilizer too, which an Indica Vista doesn't offer. Hence, I think that the Figo offers sufficient bang for your buck.[clap]
Hi,
I have checked the ZXI variant and it surely does have electric OVRMs. The rear windows are not powered because of the design figo has. The rear window just rolls down 60 percent. So having a power windiw does not make any sense.

However, the design is such that you would not feel it less airy at the rear when your windows are rolled down.

I loved the following about Figo:
1. The looks.
2. The interior
3. Bluetooth enabled Music System, with RDS support.
4. Leg room and comfortable seats.
5. The biggest boot of 284 litres in the class.
6. Best air conditioner in class. 154 cc (Its a chiller!!)
7. Best "Value for Money" car.

What i did not like:
1. There was a bit of low response from engine in Petrol variant.
2. No alloy wheels.

Getting one in 2nd week of april'10... Lets see.. :-)

Signing off for now..
Jalaj

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to the community jalajkala, and congratulations for the booking of your Ford Figo. Another member has recently got his Figo delivered, You can check the thread here. Which color you've chosen by the way?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Jalajkala welcome to TAI! Quite a unique name you have there! Can you tell us more about yourself in the introductions thread!

And hey congrats for your new car!! Second Figo owner over here!

Welcome to the forum, Jalaj. Nice to know that you are going in for the Figo. It is a very wise choice. BTW, is it a petrol or a diesel? Do let me know. And also, what was the booking amount you had to pay?

First welcome and now we have one more Figo owner.

I have checked the ZXI variant and it surely does have electric OVRMs. The rear windows are not powered because of the design figo has. The rear window just rolls down 60 percent. So having a power windiw does not make any sense.
Just let you know, even Punto's rear windows rols-down only 60% and it has power windows.

1. There was a bit of low response from engine in Petrol variant.
Let Anuprav confirm that. But whats your benchmark. This is also one more 1.2L engine and performance should be similar, i guess.

2. No alloy wheels.
Yes this should be present for top-end variant, but you know for the price, Ford has given more than enough.

Welcome to the community jalajkala, and congratulations for the booking of your Ford Figo. Another member has recently got his Figo delivered, You can check the thread here. Which color you've chosen by the way?

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have opted for "SEA GREY"..
This color gives Figo a more Masculine and tough look.

Hey congrats man that color will look good on Figo!!

I have started seeing lots of Figo's on road now itself! I see atleast 5 daily!!

Ford to hike price of compact car Figo from next week

Ford India today said it will be increasing the price of its latest small car Figo on account of rising input cost by next week.

The company, however, has not specified by how much the price of the car, which was launched in March with at price of 3.5 lakh to Rs 4.48 lakh, will be hiked.

"We can't defy gravity for ever. The general industry cost is rising, steel prices are up, components are costlier and there has also been an increase in transport cost," Ford India Executive Director (Marketing, Sales and Services) Nigel Wark told PTI.

He said the price rise will be effective from June 1 but the company is still working on the final quantum.

"We are still fine tuning the price. It will, however, not be a major hike and well below two per cent," Wark said.

Ford to hike price of compact car Figo from next week-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Looks like they are looking to cash in at the right time when the demand for Figo is increasing daily. As they say "Make hay while the sun shines"!!

350Z

Core Team
Rising manufacturing cost is a common excuse which is being made in most of the business, from auto-magazines to car-makers. It seems that Figo's base model will now go above Rs.4 Lakhs on road, Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

anything max. rs.20,000 is acceptable but if more then buyers might have to re-think micra will also come at similar price bracket.

Top Bottom