Ford's New Small Car Named Figo (Specification on Pg.12)

Thread Starter #1
Ford's integrated manufacturing facility near Chennai is readying for volume production of its soon-to-be-introduced new car after a comprehensive transformation to double its capacity and become a strategic production hub for Ford Motor Company.

Attracting an investment of $500 million from Ford Motor Company, the Ford India plant, located in Maraimalai Nagar, was selected as the ideal production source for Ford's new car. It will be produced not only for India but also for export to other international markets.

News | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

350Z

Core Team
Hi Reha,
First of all, Welcome to The Automotive India, Wishing you a pleasant stay here.
Thanks for sharing this news with us.

Any idea if the production has begun? Also, Any expected launch date for the New Small car?

350Z

Reha, welcome to NTAI and thanks for sharing this news with us.Is there any more news about the upcoming new model from Ford to offer, also its hatchback is in news so may be thats the one being produced in this new plant.
How about your introduction in its related thread.

Thread Starter #5
Thank you! :)

No sorry, the only info I can share with you and what I know, can be found on Ford's media website. However, this is big news for the Indian automotive industry, so stay tuned. I'm sure there is more to come.

Thanks again,
Reha

Thank you! :)

No sorry, the only info I can share with you and what I know, can be found on Ford's media website. However, this is big news for the Indian automotive industry, so stay tuned. I'm sure there is more to come.

Thanks again,
Reha
absolutely, but still Ford needs to give lots more then just a new car or new cars, as their ASS, spares cost and affordibility to compete with other players.There are news of new fiesta coming,new hatchback along with its own SUV endy coming with facelift which is almost around, surely its coming in big ways in indian market.Keep updating.

Reha,
Firstly, welcome to TAI.

I guess it was just a matter of time, when they had to enter the small car market. I just hope this is something that's innovative and good.

Cheers,
Vroom

Thread Starter #8
absolutely, but still Ford needs to give lots more then just a new car or new cars, as their ASS, spares cost and affordibility to compete with other players.
vijay, the cost of ownership and durability of Ford cars is much better than people think. Just have a look to Autocar's test of the Ikon’s endurance, durability and reliability.

A marathon drive across India in the Ford Ikon

But yes, every car maker needs to work hard to compete in today's environmentally and economically challenging times.

Cheers,
Reha

yes for sure i dont question ford's durability or its quality, also i know about ACI tested ford's new ikon across india, but what remains to see is its affordability of overall ownership, spares pricing, servicing which i feel should be at par with other players if ford plans to stick to indian market for longer term and enjoy their market share.

Last edited by a moderator:
20000 km test won't prove a car's reliability to a great extent.
That's an extremely important point. So, how do you ensure or judge longevity of a new car released in the market? I was wondering if this is judged based on the manufacturer's past history??

Cheers,
Vroom

Ford has really improved a lot in terms of giving a competitive car !!

You guys will not believe, my friend works in Hyundai & he always says that Ford is really a mean Machine.

But some how it got a bad reputation in initial stages. They have changed the policies a lot & they have slashed prices of spares a lot!

But still no takers for Ford here :(

yes surely things have changed for ford india, also is heard about their maintainence package like GM, not sure though, once people start understanding their products they would surely have buyers, their fiesta with 1.4 diesel and 1.6 petrol are gem of engine and drivers cars for sure.

That's an extremely important point. So, how do you ensure or judge longevity of a new car released in the market? I was wondering if this is judged based on the manufacturer's past history??

Cheers,
Vroom
20000km is just a simple kms on the clock, at least to me. That's not a great figure, even if it was 1/10th of engine life. And if you read the report completly, Ikon's suspension was giving out squeaking noises in just 20k kms. These 20k kms are done with 2 proper services. And if i'm not wrong, paid services comes only at 20k kms. So they probably done two free services on a new car and bragging that total maintenance cost is around 5k.

But i agree that spares prices are slashed down and ikon is a great car too. And also 20k kms test is great thing too, but that doesn't justify durability of a car.

Top Bottom