Ford Revamps Figo with Fresh Features (Details: Pg.6)

Wow, the Shades of Yellow & Blue look stunning. The yellow could have been better reaching towards the shade available in Beetle.

The Blue is awesome.

When will be the first lot deliveries starting?

New Ford Figo is now available in the showrooms. So I hope the deliveries would have begun too.

Drive Safe,
350Z
That is good to know! Will check out the new vehicle this weekend. Shall share first hand experience and comparisons with the Virgin model of Figo.

ford certainly has changed gears when it comes to body color of vehicles.

Until now, they were very appreciate of what Henry Ford said, "I like all the colors as long as it is black" [;)]

New Ford Figo launched in India

Hi guys,

Ford India, which launched a new variant of its popular small car Figo here on Monday, said it expects the sagging car demand to get a boost during the forthcoming festive season. Priced at Rs 3,84,999 for the petrol, and Rs 4,81,999 for diesel. Ford India president and Managing director Michael Boneham
said "We will be seeing a lot of sales, I hope. The order book is looking quite encouraging," [;)]. He also added that the Ford Fusion will be discontinued from the Indian market. Look at the brochure below for all the 'NEW' features available in the Figo. (The brochure is a download).

Attachments

Last edited:
Checked out the facelifted version today. The alloys look handsome. So are the new headlamps and taillamps. I find the comparison with Alto 800 ridiculous. Figo's headlamps look far more classier. The new headlamps look bigger though they are actually not.

One thing I was skeptical about was the blue interiors on the dash, but one look into the car wiped all those thoughts away. The blue finish on the dash and seats look classy and are much better than the earlier black dash and maroon seats. The doors get blue fabric insets as well. The black colored finishing on the roof in the earlier version has been replaced with a light cream color. Overall the cabin looks much more fresh and bright.

The steering controls do not foul with the left leg and are actually pretty easy to use. No tweaks to the petrol engine is disappointing, I went ahead and booked the i10. But otherwise, two thumbs up from me for the facelift . I would recommend Figo to anybody who wants to buy a diesel hatchback.

Some (low quality Nokia phone) pics:

A look at the new interiors

Closer look at the dash

That's me a 6 footer. Lot of space between the left knee and steering controls. The buttons need to be pushed from underneath. Look at my left finger operating the volume controls

Classy blue stiching for the seats. Looks neat and complements the exterior blue shade

Last edited:
Re: New Ford Figo Facelift Pictures (?)

> New Colors: A couple of striking new colors are now available: Bright Yellow and Kinetic Blue (Pictured). As per the broucher, Yellow isn't offered. Also, seems their Signature Color Sqeeze been replaced with the Kinetic Blue... Looks strange.

> Quieter Cabin: Ford has installed new double bulb weather strips on doors to further bring down the overall NVH levels. Good thing.

> Steering Console Audio Controls: Probably one of the most common features that Figo was missing earlier. Not anymore. Looks cheap and after market type. What about Phone Controls Ford?

> Enhanced Performance: New Figo has improved engine calibration to deliver enhanced acceleration during first few seconds, translating into a better pick up. Much indeed.

> New Headlamps & Taillamps: Ford claims that new headlamps have been artistically designed with larger reflective surface, thereby offering improved visibility. This is for what many of us were longing. Good that they have done something. Though I personally don't like the new design, can compromise against the output. Couple of questions, (1) Is the new headlamp compitable with the outgoing model? (2) Any enhancement WRT Fog Lamps too? I thought of adding one with the 30K service last week and defered it for the new one, just in case.

BTW, when my 3 years old son saw the front view of new Figo, he just said, "Appa, why our Figo car looks like Soma Mama's Car (Micra)?" Hahhahaa... May be head lights and bumper design are alike.
On the whole, can't consider this to be a Facelift, rather it's just a Refresh. Rear Power Windows, Automatic Climate Control, Multi-Information Display are still out of reach. Is Ford thinking of all these at all? Also, there was a discussion about Start-Stop Button / Keyless Entry. Isn't that included? Though, I am not a fan of it, just curious.

Recent Ritz & Figo face lifts are really disappointed me !! I still like the older versions much better.

They would have done something like change the tyre size, some change on the rear looks, integrated HU something like this for Ritz

Better suspension which clears the GC problem on Figo !!

Two things that I would have liked to see on Figo - a more potent petrol engine and slightly better ground clearance. Apart from this I don't see much that Ford can do without changing the platform of Figo. I don't think rear power windows is a big issue as I hardly drive with windows down. But priorities might be different for different people.

I personally think Figo scores high on HU performance, AC, space, tyres and safety features for the price. The facelift has provided some oomph to ageing Figo styling and the cabin has got airy with the new color scheme. Given that prices haven't changed by much, I do not expect more from Ford.

I don't think rear power windows is a big issue as I hardly drive with windows down. But priorities might be different for different people.
@ Indiatraveller - Sorry to differ with you. More than convinenience, it's a matter of safety. One can realize this only when you drive with a kid of 2-5 Yrs on board. [cry] It's terrifying...

I don't think FIGO's GC is bad one. If you will be soft on humps, it will never touch the ground.

I have personally felt the same. Once I hit the Hump with only one passenger in the car. Next time on the same humps, I crossed it without touching with 5 passenger on-board, because this time I was bit slow on the humps.

@ Indiatraveller - Sorry to differ with you. More than convinenience, it's a matter of safety. One can realize this only when you drive with a kid of 2-5 Yrs on board. [cry] It's terrifying...
Sure, totally agree. As I said it depends on personal priorities. I have never driven with kids on board, so no problem. But yes, yours is a valid concern.

Last edited:

Top Bottom