Ford Revamps Figo with Fresh Features (Details: Pg.6)

Re: New Ford Figo Facelift Pictures (?)

What I also heared (from a reliable source but can not disclose it here), the lack of power(sluggishness) in the second gear has been eliminated in this one.
Thanks,
Bala
Heard this from a Ford Dealer in Chennai today. The second gear tweak has been done for the diesel engine, not petrol. The petrol variant only has cosmetic changes (headlamps, taillamps, alloys, dashboard color), nothing with the engine which is disappointing. The dashboard color will be modified to a bluish-grey one in the new Fiesta, no optional color like Coral. Price hike in the range of 10-30K across petrol and diesel variants. Two new colors - Yellow and Blue. Launch on 16th Oct, bookings start on the same day. Delivery by the end of the month.

No new launches from Ford for the rest of the year. Ecosport is expected in Mar'13

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

There is also news that prices are to be increased by Rs.10k to 30K. Not sure how true it is. If true then its a poor face lift considering the added features.
The new Ford Figo launched at Rs. 3,84,999/- (ex-showroom New Delhi).

so is the new price higher than the older model ?

350Z

Core Team

Ford has launched the latest avatar of popular Figo hatchback with a few additional features this festive season. The pricing of Petrol model starts from Rs.3,84,999 while the Diesel model is almost a lakh rupee expensive at Rs.4,81,999 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi). Here is what Ford has updated on the Figo:

> New Colors: A couple of striking new colors are now available: Bright Yellow and Kinetic Blue (Pictured).

> Quieter Cabin: Ford has installed new double bulb weather strips on doors to further bring down the overall NVH levels.

> Steering Console Audio Controls: Probably one of the most common features that Figo was missing earlier. Not anymore.

> Improved Seating Comfort: Figo now offers a better seating comfort with improved lumbar support and head rest adjustment.

> Kinetic Design: Refreshed fascia inspired by Ford’s trademarked kinetic design that features a hexagonal grille on the bumper.

> Enhanced Performance: New Figo has improved engine calibration to deliver enhanced acceleration during first few seconds, translating into a better pick up.

> New Headlamps & Taillamps: Ford claims that new headlamps have been artistically designed with larger reflective surface, thereby offering improved visibility.

> New 14” Alloy Wheels: The freshly designed alloys make the Titanium version look sporty. However, the lower variants get the wheel covers of updated design.

Michael Boneham said:
The Ford Figo is a big game-changer for us and has won the trust of customers as a reliable, substantial vehicle with outstanding value. With the addition of all new exciting features in the New Figo, we believe our customers will truly find that Change is a wonderful thing.
The New Ford Figo..jpg

New Ford Figo.jpg

The New Ford Figo.jpg

New HeadLamp.jpg

New front Bumper.jpg

New Tail Lamp.jpg

New Alloy wheels.jpg

Large Boot Space.jpg

Delightful Ride and Handling.jpg

New Audio Stalk.jpg

New IP Panel.jpg

New seat Fabric design.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

The shade of blue used in the dash looks really nice in the pictures. And the overall looks of the front fascia looks more appealing than the current model. The alloy wheel design is also pretty good giving it a more sporty look. Nice facelift overall but Ford should have added rear power windows in the top model atleast.
How much has been the price increase in diesel old variants to new variants?

The total space and shape of the headlights is equal to the outgoing model(which I'm having).
Can the new headlamp cluster be fitted onto the older ones ? What would be the cost of the same. Earlier i was skeptical in scoops about bad looking headlamps but somehow, they look good and i want them, for the sake of better illumination.

And yes, the so hyped new ALTO 800 is nowhere near the new styling of the new FIGO.

I'm somehow feeling broken from the inside, not because I bought the older gen Figo, rather because the newer one looks as good as the older one did[cry]. I'm kinda jealous if it[frustration].

Last edited by a moderator:
A very mild face-lift. At first glance, it would be too hard to notice the change by a non auto-enthusiast. The Alloy wheel design is looking great and much similar to the ones on the upcoming Ecosport. As for the Ground clearance, i believe it was earlier the deal breaker in most of the cases, and still continues to remain the same.

Rear power windows are missing again. why Ford?

jazzselect, i agree with you that rear power windows should not be missed in the newer version. However, incorporating new power windows at rear would have demanded additional R&D that would eventually increase the product cost. Also, no changes have been made to any body panel so, Ford guys, in a way, just kind of gave a cosmetic change to the visible components only, no change in the underlying architecture so as to push the sales up without spending much.

Also, the rear doors of figo are smaller in size, so fitting power windows is a bit difficult task for Ford.

So, they got away without this upgrade. Expect it only once the body panels and architecture is updated.

On positive side, alloy wheels are looking fabulous.
Yes, the newer allows are really fabulous in comparison to the ones being presently offered. I would be looking forward to fit them onto my '1st Gen' Figo.

Last edited:
If the price difference is Rs.5k between the old and the new model, then its a VFM facelift. I think the steering stalk controls and the new alloys would be by themselves worth that much.

Top Bottom