Ford Ranger Spotted – Will it Ever Come to India?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Just recently, I happen to spot the Ford Ranger Pickup Truck in one of the prominent locations of New Delhi. At first sight, from front, the car appeared like an Endeavour though with a slight difference but the rear easily distinguishes it apart with flat base and even bigger stance. However, I must clarify that this was not a test car. Do you think that Ford will launch it here? I doubt, but we might sure be receiving New Endeavour based on the platform of Next Generation Ford Ranger. Now check out the pictures.

Ford_Ranger_India_3.JPG

Ford_Ranger_India.JPG

Ford_Ranger_India_2.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z, did it have a red number plate? Or was it some other color. Test mules usually have red number plates with white lettering. This one is the older generation Ranger, the new one (T6) will underpin the next gen model expected in India in the next 24 months.

AMG

Suspended
It has a Blue number plate.

It is an embassy vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
350Z, did it have a red number plate? Or was it some other color. Test mules usually have red number plates with white lettering. This one is the older generation Ranger, the new one (T6) will underpin the next gen model expected in India in the next 24 months.
Yes, Shrawan. It's the previous generation Ford Ranger. As AMG said, it was an embassy car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice capture 350Z , the front indeed looks very much similar to the Endeavour.

Well in pick-up market we already have TATA and Mahindra ruling the roost and since its just an embassy vehicle i don't expect it here in India for now.

Ohh man, I don't have the pictures. But can snap soon and post it.

I used to see 2 pickups, one in white and another one in red. I have been looking it for years now. Used to think they have it for some towing purpose. [:)]

Any pictures? When did you spot them?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom