Ford May Launch Kuga in India

Buddies,

We will be checking out the Global CUV of Ford at the preview on 31st January. Do stay tuned. I suppose it will be the Kuga. Detailed coverage of the preview assured[:)]

Regards

Akash
But I am almost certain its the Ford Freestyle, the Kuga is in process of getting a major face lift owing to new Global C platform of Ford getting wider and longer and going on a diet.

This CUV will be the Ford Freestyle,

I want to know when will the Freestyle Automatic be launched , the 1.2 Dragon petrol will be the highlight along with SYNC 3,
Automatic is supposed to be the same one in Ecosport meaning 1.5 l i3 TIVCT mated to 6f15 torque converter Automatic, thats one combination that will be the sweet spot for many car buyers, powerful engine mated to a fairly reliable torque converter auto with good ground clearance and yet has all good features and top notch safety features.

Waiting for the reveal.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
But I am almost certain its the Ford Freestyle,

This CUV will be the Ford Freestyle,

Waiting for the reveal.
If that is so then I feel, our wishes of seeing the Free Style/Figo Cross would come true just before the Expo. But, from the info I have received, the preview is of a Compact Utility Vehicle so I am guessing it might be Kuga. Nevertheless, whether it's Kuga or Figo Cross, we are in for a new car reveal which in itself is a major excitement[:D]

Regards

Akash

If that is so then I feel, our wishes of seeing the Free Style/Figo Cross would come true just before the Expo. But, from the info I have received, the preview is of a Compact Utility Vehicle so I am guessing it might be Kuga. Nevertheless, whether it's Kuga or Figo Cross, we are in for a new car reveal which in itself is a major excitement[:D]

Regards

Akash
Yes Kuga is Fords compact SUV after the Ecosport
The Figo Cross aka Freestyle is a Compact Utility Vehicle

Anyway thanks for letting is know of launches before head and we hope to see more of full reviews of cars in this forum,
@Akash bro if possible take a first impression video of the new car unveiled as well.

Now I think Ford is getting serious at India, new launches coming in time specially with new Swift on showrooms this is the right move ie to counter with a car that has a possibility of being cross shopped,thanks for the update. We will be checking out the progress on threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Anyway thanks for letting is know of launches before head and we hope to see more of full reviews of cars in this forum,
@Akash bro if possible take a first impression video of the new car unveiled as well.
Surely bro. As for the official car reviews, the team is working on that and post the Expo, we'll be even more involved in testing the cars and compiling the reviews.

Now I think Ford is getting serious at India, new launches coming in time specially with bew Swift on showrooms this is the right move ie to counter with a car that has a possibility of being cross shopped,thanks for the update. We wil be checking out the progress on threads.
Absolutely. The only unfulfilled wish of mine w.r.t Ford now is the 2018-19 Mustang!

Regards

Akash

Kuga has already been replaced by Escape SUV. Kuga was marred by endless niggles which killed it. Ford launched Escape as the replacement. This must be Figo Cross for India market.

As Akash says, any new launch is an exciting time for TAI folks.

@Akash, Is this just unveiling or is it a full blown launch revealing the price as well? Do you get to do a test drive as well?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
As Akash says, any new launch is an exciting time for TAI folks.

@Akash, Is this just unveiling or is it a full blown launch revealing the price as well? Do you get to do a test drive as well?
It is a preview only. Test Drives, Media Launch & Price reveal would happen at a later date. Once the media drive dates are announced, we'll be driving the new car buddy.

Regards

Akash

TO my knowledge there is huge competition in SUV segment for price range from 10 Lakhs to 1 Cr.

So even if company choose any bracket to place their model, the segment leader will always impact the new comer.

Secondly there is need for MPV segment [proper 7-8 seated] car to carry 7-8 adult on the every place in car with comfort. For now I could see only XYLO is the car that can carry 7-8 passenger with proper comfort.

There are other contender but everyone fails to fit adult in third row comfortably. Like the Ertiga, Lodgy even the expensive Innova. So there is need for such vehicle in this segment.

TO my knowledge there is huge competition in SUV segment for price range from 10 Lakhs to 1 Cr.

So even if company choose any bracket to place their model, the segment leader will always impact the new comer.

Secondly there is need for MPV segment [proper 7-8 seated] car to carry 7-8 adult on the every place in car with comfort. For now I could see only XYLO is the car that can carry 7-8 passenger with proper comfort.

There are other contender but everyone fails to fit adult in third row comfortably. Like the Ertiga, Lodgy even the expensive Innova. So there is need for such vehicle in this segment.
you are spot on but the issue is as we all know INDIA is a country that goes only by past reputations and beliefs, I for one felt the Tata Hexa to be a much much better MPV than Innova yet the sales say a different story, Hexa is not even selling decent numbers to make tata enough profit, its not Tatas fault alone, its Indian mindset, they never take risks and since Toyota has a brand image and has once proven its reliable, the second time also majority will put money there only

SO no other competition will be able to pierce the market with ease, the only cars that I feel has pierced the Maruti/Hyundai dominance in India is the Tata Tigo and probably Ecosport and Nexon in CSUV space and Honda City in sedan space, elsewhere its a dominance

So no brands will take the risk unless there is a wide open opportunity, which it is not for 7 seaters and SUVs as of now

Still Ford will get a huge appreciation and lot of image if they launch the Kuga/Escape in India in the price range of Jeep Compass

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Still Ford will get a huge appreciation and lot of image if they launch the Kuga/Escape in India in the price range of Jeep Compass
That's true! Ford if launches the Kuga with the 1.5L engine in Diesel and follow it up by a peppy and FE friendly petrol mill, then, definitely Jeep compass can feel the heat. As we can see, Nexon & Eco Sport have made a positive impression in the C-SUV segment here so for Ford it is surely a good opportunity to compete the likes of Jeep in India. Not to forget, in the Indian market, Ford has many good cars to it's credit like Fiesta, Eco Sport, Endeavour and even Aspire. 6 Airbags in top spec with an optional 4x4 in diesel & petrol and a decent AT box coupled with a starting price point of Rs. 12-12.5 Lacs Ex-Showroom and the Compass gets a serious competitor.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Ford Kuga SUV to be revealed on April 2, 2019

r.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190401061524_2020-ford-kuga-teaser.jpg

Ford will unveil the third-generation Kuga SUV on April 2, 2019, ahead of its launch later this year. The Kuga, which is sold in European markets, is badged as the Ford Escape in North America and sits above the EcoSport in the brand’s global line-up.

Read:

Seems like a brilliant SUV, its a pity that India is always neglected when it comes to Global Ford products
All much practical cars are dead the day when sub-4mt rule was implemented.[:)] Skoda Octavia MK-I Estate was one such car and my personal favourite but we dont get to see them anymore.

I had seen the Ford Kuga in Europe, last year and was quite impressed. Its a good competitor for the Hyundai Creta/Jeep Compass.
It would be a good upgrade option for the Ecosport owners, who find a big gap between the current line up of the Ford's range.
With Nissan and Renault losing their foothold in the segment with the Duster/Kicks/Captur sales coming down, it would be a good opportunity for Ford to fill in.
However, I hope Ford manages to price it well, as that has always been a weak point for Ford in most of their launches. Once the car gets a reputation of being expensive during launch, all efforts for corrections using discounts, repricing are in vain as a car never gets as much attention as it got during the launch. I also feel that this segment requires a lot of engine and gearbox options. The large number of engine and gearbox options, are in my opinion the strong point for the Creta. Not bringing in an automatic would be a big mistake in this segment.

I had seen the Ford Kuga in Europe, last year and was quite impressed. Its a good competitor for the Hyundai Creta/Jeep Compass.
It would be a good upgrade option for the Ecosport owners, who find a big gap between the current line up of the Ford's range.
With Nissan and Renault losing their foothold in the segment with the Duster/Kicks/Captur sales coming down, it would be a good opportunity for Ford to fill in.
However, I hope Ford manages to price it well, as that has always been a weak point for Ford in most of their launches. Once the car gets a reputation of being expensive during launch, all efforts for corrections using discounts, repricing are in vain as a car never gets as much attention as it got during the launch. I also feel that this segment requires a lot of engine and gearbox options. The large number of engine and gearbox options, are in my opinion the strong point for the Creta. Not bringing in an automatic would be a big mistake in this segment.
Actually pricing is not what kills a car, its the failure of the brand to justify that price, frankly, Creta is overpriced, but they do justify the premium with brand power and long feature list.
The new Toyota Yaris is over priced for a lot of folks, but I am sure Toyota will still keep selling them without any price decrease, and I dont think Yaris is overpriced because the most important thing Yaris does is that, its a proper Toyota, has the basic things like Safety, robust engine mated to long living gearboxes, and its made to LAST, while providing drivers a safe and comfortable drive, but very few value this trait, more people in India will say, oh..the Suzuki Ciaz at just 2/3rd price of Yaris gives better space , better mileage , etc, but Toyotas attitude will be like , "so what ? Here is our product, it has this and this and its priced like this, those who value our product and its abilities will take it" , I feel thats a very strong stance that Toyota takes and that in the long run creates a kind of respect among owners who itself will be promoters of the brand.
Ford is kind of stupid, they should have never stopped the global Fiesta in India, once they stop a product because customers said its overpriced, thats it, the already fanatic customers who bought these gorgeous machines will itself go against the brand, pushing the brand and the products name deeper into oblivion.

Actually the Kuga is an SUV that if launched in India will be priced between Rs 36-40 lakhs on road, but my wish is, they MUST launch it in that price range and launch something like the new Ford Puma in the 14-18 lakhs on road price range and the Mahinda XUV500 based SUV in the 18-25 lakhs on road price range, to make the big move, but as we all know, Ford has absolutely no interest in India, so its all going to end up sober for Indian consumers while the so called elite customers in China,South ASEAN,Australia,South Africa,USA and Europe will be enjoying great products.

While I agree that the price can be justified with features, I do not agree with the Toyota Yaris example. Toyota has already started offering huge discounts on the Yaris and a price correction is also expected soon.
If you speak with anyone who purchased the Yaris recently, you would realize that there are discounts upwards of 1 lakh on it, and for some models even upto 1.8 lakhs. As I am a person looking ahead to purchase in that segment, and as Yaris is one the main competitors,I have been looking at the car closely.
Toyota has had the "so what?" attitude with regards to pricing the Innova for a while, and have been successful with it as the market never gave good competition to it. The Yaris, however, in my opinion is a failure, even though it is quite a good car.
The EU version of the Kuga had the price of around 20-25k euros. The car was far more loaded than most cars in India for that price range, and I don't expect the same feature list here.
However, if there is a lot of localization in production in India, and if the car is not imported as CBU, I do not see any reason for assuming that it would be coming with a price tag of 36-40 lakhs. I would expect the Kuga to come in the Jeep's price range.

Top Bottom