Ford Ka Sedan - Possible Fiesta Classic Replacement in India

Thread Starter #1
The Ford Ka, a small three door hatchback sold in Europe and South America is certainly in need of a replacement. Launched in 2008, the car is witnessing sales falling from a cliff in Europe with a 20% drop last year. There is skepticism about the car’s future as its too small for the current European taste. There is a high possibility of the Ka being replaced by the next gen Ford Figo which could be promoted to a global nameplate. Having said that, the Ka name could stay on in select markets.

The Ka for the European markets is heading towards a dead-end, the model would get a new lease of life in Brazil. According to the report, the Ka will undergo a thorough overhaul and will also spawn a sedan variant. The underpinnings would be the global Fiesta platform. The hatchback and sedan combo is a big trend in emerging markets like Brazil and India. The refurbished Ka will compete with the Chevrolet Onix and Hyundai HB20 while the sedan based on it would gun for the Chevrolet Prisma (Onix based sedan) and the Hyundai HB20S. These new cars will be made at Ford’s Brazilian plant in Camaçari which manufactures the EcoSport. Production is expected to start next year. The new hatchback and sedan duo could very well be the next gen Figo and the replacement for the aging Ford Classic respectively.

Rendering-of-the-Ford-Ka-based-sedan.jpg

2015-Ford-Ka-sedan.jpg

New Ford Ka to spawn a sedan variant in Brazil

What in the world happened to the one who was designing this car?? IMO - It looks odd...and yes as some one said earlier - ugly too.

350Z

Core Team
FORD India can replace the Classic with the FIESTA Hatch to compete with i20, Polo etc.
Looking at the current market scenario, I will not be surprised if Ford decides to bring a Figo sedan instead that too under sub four meter length to replace Classic.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Looking at the current market scenario, I will not be surprised if Ford decides to bring a Figo sedan instead that too under sub four meter length to replace Classic.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes indeed. They will be analyzing the sub 4m market. But they have stated earlier that they will be bringing global products as per the "One FORD" strategy. But to be frank everything depends on the EcoSport Success. Their fate will be made clear tomorrow.

Thread Starter #10
Spied – Ford Figo (Ka) sedan starts road testing in Brazil

Ford India premiered the sub-4 meter Figo sedan concept a day prior to the Auto Expo last month. Simultaneously in Brazil, Ford unveiled a longer version of the sedan calling it the Ka sedan. The Ka sedan has commenced road trials in Brazil, ahead of a launch that could take place by the end of this year.

The Ka Sedan, hatchback and Figo sedan are essentially built on the same platform which is reported to be carried over from the previous generation Fiesta (Figo). Using higher strength and lighter steel structures, these cars will be lighter than their predecessors (the Ford Classic in case of the Figo sedan).

The cars have been designed and developed by Ford’s Brazilian arm who are also credited with the EcoSport project. Like the EcoSport, these cars will be powered by Ford’s EcoBoost turbocharged petrol engines, however, for India, Ford will also offer diesel variants and naturally aspirated petrol variants.

In India, we expect the sub-4 meter Figo sedan to go on sale by early next year. Production of the car could take place at Ford’s upcoming factory in Sanand, Gujarat, which is set to commence operations by the end of this year.

Ford Ka sedan/Ford Figo sedan starts testing in Brazil

Attachments

So much for Ford Safety Ads

This is an excerpt from autoexpress uk website of the review of Ford Figo aka Ka in Britain.

"The Ka+ is built in India, as Ford is targeting rapidly growing markets hungry for car ownership. However, we know that this formula doesn’t exactly translate to the UK from the brand’s lacklustre EcoSport compact crossover – and it seems like Ford has taken note, too.
So the European Ka+ gets a 47 per cent stiffer front anti-roll bar, new springs and dampers, Fiesta-spec hydraulic engine mounts, more sound deadening, different door seals, new rear suspension bushes, aero tweaks for less turbulence, a stiffer front sub frame, faster steering, revised suspension geometry – you get the picture, it’s a thorough job."http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/ka/97165/new-ford-ka-2016-review

Re: So much for Ford Safety Ads

And please do tell me how any of those components relate to better safety. I'm waiting.

Re: So much for Ford Safety Ads

And please do tell me how any of those components relate to better safety. I'm waiting.
Go and ask the Journalist. It is a free world. Isnt it. Does he/she need to even tell that Indian Specs are not equally well built. There is something called logical deduction, which cannot be taught to someone who just wanna comment.

Please make your own efforts and find his/her contact details or else keep waiting, as I am not here to answer you. lol...hahaha looks more appropriate

BTW Sub frame and Suspension set-up are key to whole dynamics of a car build. Damn i tried answering. Whats the point. Logical deductions cannot be taught. huh

As I said, Go and contact the person who questioned mighty Ford build quality as a logical deduction in India vs Europe. You can wait as well. Who cares in this world.

Last edited:

Top Bottom