Ford ikon 1.6 SXi Test Drive (Highlight: FE 22.6 Kmpl!)

@Mastersquall, next in line is the LED setup.
having ideas for underbody neons, lighting up boot & cabin too..
will be doing it eventually as it is very difficult to find time[frustration]

i know its very hard to find time even i haven't got single time to go out get HU and speaker installed in my I10 [frustration]

OT : You finally have changed the avatar

There will be dummy attached on the left side of the silver panel. Remove the dummy with and there will a screw inside it. Check it the screw is loose and tight it. Even this doesnt solve the problem.

Then remove all the screw's attached. There will be 3 screw. One on the dummy, another two on the sppedo. Now you will be able to remove the sliver panel out. Attach some foam or waste or (some kind of sticker)on the corners of the white panel and rescrew them.

Your problem will be solved. This noise has happened due to you park the car in the sunlight the plastics in the car tend to melt due to the heat produced. It happens in all the aging cars.
Sorry for late reply Bharat, yeah we removed the silver panel while installing audio and tightened it back properly. Now I m not hearing the vibration noise.

thakns a lot!

@Mastersquall, yeah the Avatar has been changed finally

@ all,

last week I had made one chennai-pondy round trip plus my one day's office visit in approx 17 lts of petrol.

When I reached pond back, went straight to the petrol pump to fill the tank again and was very happy.

Total Distance = 286 kms (60% AC)
Fuel Used = 16.83 lts
286/16.83 = 16.99 kmpl

Managed to get 17kmpl out of my car with speeds between 80 to 90 kmph.[:)]

planning for my next highway trip to trichy soon. This will be to beat our co-member Ilango's mileage record in my car (22.6kmpl). We guys are having a bet. One full tank of fuel to me when I beat his mileage run!

Thread Starter #67
planning for my next highway trip to trichy soon. This will be to beat our co-member Ilango's mileage record in my car (22.6kmpl). We guys are having a bet. One full tank of fuel to me when I beat his mileage run!
Nanana , you need to use the same road ,

wise man , selecting 4 lane !! while i used that 4 lane from villupuram to ulundurpet. just 20 min drive.

then some in salem by pass . rest were in state road , full of trucks in night + bad roads![evil]

Hmmm 17kmpl is really good but which road to Pondy , ECR or GST? If its ECR then its really good!

OT: Planning to go on a trip to Coimbatore in few weeks to check FE of my Verna! Not once till now i have checked full highway FE!

Thread Starter #72
Why the n , is in small case in INDIA.

nope MSN1 , you are wrong.

this is chennai , let some more people guess them

Update : the car just came to my home , just a 5 min back . everything like power steering alternator etc not working !! how come ?

the belt have just slipped away!

yet to take to garage

Guess it was just in 7 to 10days time. Same happens to my car too... Chennai Rockss[cheers]

ilango[speed thirst];71455 said:
Why the n , is in small case in INDIA.

nope MSN1 , you are wrong.

this is chennai , let some more people guess them

Update : the car just came to my home , just a 5 min back . everything like power steering alternator etc not working !! how come ?

the belt have just slipped away!

yet to take to garage
Fix it soon....Not a big deal on money. Hardly max of 1000 bugs...[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Holysatan please post the pics of your car after you gave her the much needed wash. And how come your car was so dusty just after 7-10 days. Some construction going on nearby?

Top Bottom