Ford ikon 1.6 SXi Test Drive (Highlight: FE 22.6 Kmpl!)

got the car from ilango on Sunday morning. Took it to my home town. It was full of dust and mud after the coimbatore trip.

Mom shrank her face seeing the car's condition. Decided to give it a thorough wash. Took 3 full hours to clean and after that voila.

Pics of my baby:

got the car to chennai today. A very smooth drive in the ECR. Only sound heard was fromthe rear tyres that will be needing replacement in a month or so.

Attachments

ilango[speed thirst];58377 said:
That is its nature from begining! hope 13.6 is good one .
hope it will be a digit lower on spirited drive.

Man that has got that much josh , just put the gas pedal , this one takes off almost like a lancer . and due to its solid build , the weight must be high~
agree!!

bad fe probably that is why it could not survive in india.

@ Arkin I agree speaking on the phone while driving is his fault but pushing the car to its limits and checking it , i wont call it a mistake. Any car enthusiast will want to check out the top-speed and capabilities of his car. But racing against a Bmw i agree his mistake , i would have been happy if he had tried that without any influence. And the road where he sped is a proper 4 lane road where a Merc can cruise at 220kmph easily so a few minutes in 170kmph i would not call it a big mistake at that road.
So driving at an 'unsafe' speed way higher than the speed limit is not a mistake? Lol.

ilango[speed thirst];58199 said:
good one!
after speeding and slowing down i was in phone.
yeah i wear seatbelts except in pondicherry city
[lol]You think its a joke?[frustration]
agree!!

bad fe probably that is why it could not survive in india.
Mind telling me what 'it' refers to here?

@Arkin: I think jayadev meant IKON by "it".

and regarding driving at 170kmph, i do not think it is that bad to do so in a 4 lane NH.

@jayadev: I wouldnt call Ikon a failure in India. It might not have hit huge numbers as the Indigo or City but Ikon definitely had its set of fans so to say.

Holysatan the car is in good condition but i din like the seating position in an Ikon. Arkin remember when we first met , we went in an Ikon and man , i was really uncomfortable sitting in the rear! And yeah the internally adjustable mirrors in the LHS needs a minor repair.

@ Arkin Then according to you anything above 80kmph is an offence in highways! None of the car drivers go below 80kmph in good 4 lane roads! Okay point me one car enthusiast who had not tested the limits of his car? Am sure many of us here would have tested the top-speeds their car could achieve!

Thread Starter #22
Holysatan the car is in good condition but i din like the seating position in an Ikon. Arkin remember when we first met , we went in an Ikon and man , i was really uncomfortable sitting in the rear! And yeah the internally adjustable mirrors in the LHS needs a minor repair.

@ Arkin Then according to you anything above 80kmph is an offence in highways! None of the car drivers go below 80kmph in good 4 lane roads! Okay point me one car enthusiast who had not tested the limits of his car? Am sure many of us here would have tested the top-speeds their car could achieve!
110kmph - meter close in omni! i was 18 then , got out with the fresh license.

Some times we do test - but do not drive like a maniac all the way
just for some few moments

Last edited:
Yes that is what i want to tell! We drive fast maybe for few minutes to check out the high speed stability and top-speed it can achieve that too in good 4 lane highways with dividers in between. I feel there is no harm in pushing your car to its limits once in a while.

Thread Starter #24
Yes that is what i want to tell! We drive fast maybe for few minutes to check out the high speed stability and top-speed it can achieve that too in good 4 lane highways with dividers in between. I feel there is no harm in pushing your car to its limits once in a while.
Also its good for your car .

[evil]

Hi guys,

One month has passed since I bought the ikon 1.6 and I should say I am happy with my decision till now. Guess it's time for updates from my side:

The car was with me in Chennai since I had brought it here for the Chennai Mega meet and hence it did quite a lot of city stints this time. So far i had read only from the reviews about this car being a pleasure to drive in city, but got to really experience it and I have become an ikon enthusiast for the peppy ride it offers in the city. Driving in bumper to bumper traffic is not at all tiring, thanks to very quick enginge response and a slick gearbox[thumbsup].

Distance covered: 596 km (60% city + 40% higyway with ac on more than half
the time)
Fuel Consumed : 40.7 lts
Mileage: 14.6kmpl[cheers]

Expenses: had to replace the timing belt and two bearings. cost me 900 for the spares and 500 for the labour.

Issues: happened to drive on a broken road with stagnant water to pick up a friend of mine. Broke the plastic guard that covers the lower part of engine (belt dust guard needs replacement).

Good to hear that you are happy with the Ikon! But my friend Saravana told that some parts inside the car were vibrating? Is it so?

So you still in love with the Baleno or what?! Change your avatar image bro!

yeah Dhaya, the console around the speedo is giving out a mild vibration at lower speeds at times.

but i guess i ll have to live with that. Can't expect much from a 9 yr old car.

and reg the avatar, a bit sentimental. Baleno being my first car. will change it soon.

Thread Starter #29
Its not the timing belt that is changed , satan typed that wrong. the alternator belt , that runs through out.

And will you people be surprised , err if i say the car is sold !! oops not again

ilango[speed thirst];61291 said:
Its not the timing belt that is changed , satan typed that wrong. the alternator belt , that runs through out.

And will you people be surprised , err if i say the car is sold !! oops not again
O_O sold ?

Top Bottom