Ford Ikon 1.6 Performance Modifications

Viper Performance,Mumbai.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am actually looking for performance mod's [cry]
Thanks for the info!!
And with performance mods, you could do with a neat seat too!!
But point taken, will keep out of it!!

Thread Starter #17
Thanks for the info!!
And with performance mods, you could do with a neat seat too!!
But point taken, will keep out of it!!
The original seats cost a lot & then the budget goes down.[frustration]

Isnt one lac enough for this?
A reliable turbo job costs 1.5 lakh +, people have paid around 4 lakhs to get a reliable job done.

Last edited:
At the coimbatore franchise an esteem was turbo'ed and there results were awesome.
I have no idea about the cost and yes finding the place is the difficult job , but it can be placed . Thats the job na.

Attachments

Last edited:
@ Racerdabba - The rocam 1.6 isn't TURBO friendly. The bonnet is all occupied.
2,3 of them have already failed ,turbo thing doesn't work well.

Moreover getting all new parts & a reliable job done costs 1.5 lakh upward.Above my budget.
People have paid upto 4 lakhs for a reliable turbo job.

Read about your Maruti turbo too, why not put up a post here ?
:agree:
Yes. thats right. budget is going up. but i've heard bout a 1.6ROCAM turboed to give 140!! anyways, 4 lakhs for a turbo build is waayyyy too much. 2 lakh for good components and great workmanship is enough.
Going the NA route, go for head shaving, bigger injectors, lightened flywheel, ligh lift cams, full headers and a stand alone ECU. should get you around 115-120 horses. With a budget like this, u can pull it off.

Regarding my 800, its bone stock now. Dad's using it, and lack of knowledged guys in my town means servicing the setup is a pain. So packed it off. Anyways, i''l put up the thread. The good old times!!

The original seats cost a lot & then the budget goes down.[frustration]

A reliable turbo job costs 1.5 lakh +, people have paid around 4 lakhs to get a reliable job done.
Any plans for extending your budget. I think if you exclude turbo everythings in your budget.

Well, it is. But the reliablity factor and engine life goes down a bit. Reliablity is good if done correctly, but life certainly decreases.

Cheap & Fast = Not Reliable
Cheap & Reliable = Not Fast
Fast & Reliable = Not Cheap
[cheers]
That's true.

Neil, The 1.6 Rocam is not Mod-friendly. If you are going to do the mods people here have suggested, i'll say get a roll-cage as well.

But on a serious note 1 lakh is not worth spending on an Ikon.

That's true.

Neil, The 1.6 Rocam is not Mod-friendly. If you are going to do the mods people here have suggested, i'll say get a roll-cage as well.

But on a serious note 1 lakh is not worth spending on an Ikon.
I dont agree. The engine aint that bad. it can take these mods well enough, but not as well as the japanese counterparts. A roll cage is unnessecary. Beefin up the brakes and Suspension is enough on the safety front.
The ikon is a good drivers car, and i wouldnt mind spending on it.

i would say if you want peace of mind limit yourself to good tires,filter header and FFE.maybe ecm upgrade.turbo is not that simple stuff.

The pulley kit replaces the alternator, the water pump pulley and the main pulley. They free up horsepower due to being lighter than stock and by underdriving the crank shaft pulley, alternator and the water pump.

Top Bottom