Ford ikon 1.4TDCI or Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura???

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Need suggestions from you guys on the issue below:

A colleague of mine had decided to buy a car for his own use and has been looking into quite a lot of models for sometime now. Budget: 6lkhs. Petrol or diesel was not an issue as long as he liked the car/features.

We started with the Indica Vista, conitnued with Figo, Punto, i20 and Polo. Out of these ones, he liked i20 the most and next the Figo. He was grunting for i20 had no discounts and for Figo, which looked much smaller inspite of all the features/discount provided. i20's mileage (only petrol version was affordable) was also another barricade.

All this happened in and around November and we decided to wait for Etios. Come December 1, and voila, there Etios was in four variants. He went and checked out the models but ws not satisfied with the car (Seriously do not know why till now).

We were discussing on this issue again today and we just found that Ford has announced 70K discounts on Ikon & Fiesta models. Gave a call to Ford India, Chennai, and found out that the discounts were on base model fiestas (Exi) and on petrol ikon alone. However, the showroom people gave us info on about 40K discount on ikon diesel plus 5K corporate discount. This would get the on-road price to around 6lakhs +/- 10K

This was a worthy offer according to me given the TDCI engine in Ikon gives better mileage and the car is a gud driver's car.

The Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura version retails at 6.16lakhs ex-showroom. No idea on the discount details yet.

We might finalise on any of these two.

So please share your valuable inputs on the same.

1) Usage will be a 750km (mostly city) minimum per month
2) 1.4TDCI engine (68bhp) vs 1.3JTD (90bhp)
3) Ford refinement vs Tata
4) Expected body roll on Tata Manza

MANZA

Its a great product from tata , with very minimum tata features and more of fiat features

handling , refinement etc manza scores well over the ikon.

though ikon share the same heart of fiesta , its a bit noisy inside . same not so soft suspension , almost like a manza.

Manza is roomy.
both give better milage.

manza has better acceleration than the ikon.
top speed , may be ikon be a 10~15kmph more hmmm at 170 , but no one gonna drive at 170 all the time , may be 5 min total , once in a year(a couple of min drive)

Ford had good solid build over the manza- but rest wise , manza scores

It simple. Between the ikon & manza, go for the manza. Also, have a look at the swift Dzire. any reason why he is not considering the i20? just because it has no discounts? its a much better car overall.

well even on built quality, tata manza shares the same quality as what fiat linea and punto shares, all these three vehicles are assembled at Fiat's Ranjangaon plant, cant say manza's built quality if inferior

well even on built quality, tata manza shares the same quality as what fiat linea and punto shares, all these three vehicles are assembled at Fiat's Ranjangaon plant, cant say manza's built quality if inferior
well that would be too huge appeal for tata manza.
fiat is fiat and tata is tata. the price factor just shows.
nonetheless manza is excellent car,very comfortable ,loaded with features and not much expensive. and i doubt tata is giving out special attention to manza owners.
again to conclude at the end of the day tata is tata ..sometimes they show shockingly the mumbaiya "indifference" attitudes.

Even i would suggest Manza , i think no offers for Manza too but you will get corporate discount.

And if he is worried about FE of i20 , my friend got 18.xxkmpl in his recent trip to Madurai & Trichy. And FE in city is better than Figo.

Thread Starter #7
i guess saravana's i20 is a diesel variant. Diesel i20 is way out of budget.

the on-road for petrol itself is 6 lakhs.

and yes, we are getting more inclined towards the Manza with time. But base model retails for 6.61lkhs on-road after discounts.

so, keeping my fingers crossed at the moment. let us hope for the best.

Top Bottom