Ford Freestyle vs Tata Nexon

Thread Starter #16
I guess not. But if you can leave with it then its good choice.
Although price difference is the biggest factor to choose between these car. At the top variant price of Freestyle you can get a mid variant of Nexon and you will have to settle down with less features.

I feel these 3 points in Freestyle needs to be corrected,
- wider tyres
- adjustable rear headrest
- HID / Projector headlights.
It is confirm that Freestyle comes with adjustable rear head rest. I have seen the car myself.
Adjustable headrest Available from Trend+ in petrol ( I saw Trend plus petrol) and Titanium diesel

Now there is a diversion [glasses]
While choosing Freestyle made me think about Nexon since getting mid variant of Nexon at price point of Freestyle. Except suspension quality and some fit/ finish of Nexon rest all I feel advantageous over freestyle.
During discussion at home came to conlusion if Nexon then top diesel variant xz+. If top end Nexon at ~12L on road, then why not look at Harrier also once? If able to stretch budget then it could be a happy buy.
So from freestyle to Nexon and now decided to wait for Harrier!!

Thanks guys for the discussion and all your inputs as well. If someone come across this thread, my personal decision between Freestyle vs Nexon would simple as below based on several test drives of both cars back to back.
If petrol I would go for Freestyle ( Titanium or above), if diesel I would go for Nexon (if compromise on ride quality)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Now there is a diversion
If top end Nexon at ~12L on road, then why not look at Harrier also once? If able to stretch budget then it could be a happy buy.
So from freestyle to Nexon and now decided to wait for Harrier!!

If petrol I would go for Freestyle ( Titanium or above), if diesel I would go for Nexon (if compromise on ride quality)
The Harrier from the looks of it and the details seen so far is surely a great and worthy one to wait for. Two days back I took an opinion from someone at the dealership w.r.t Hexa Vs Harrier for my next car to complete the trilogy, I was advised to wait because Harrier is an all new product based on an all new platform so once it gets launched then based on market feedback I should take the call. As far as Nexon is concerned, I tested it's suspension in CITY as well as on the Highways (for a reasonable 600 kms) so to me the suspensions performed well but the fly in ointment were the crappy Good Year(s) 195. My humble suggestion to anyone buying a Nexon specially the Diesel one then please inform your dealer to provide your car with Bridgestone Tyre(s). In Petrol, by all means, Eco-Sport is good one in C-SUV. In hatchbacks, Freestyle is reasonably good.

PS: The W.o.M around Harrier is creating a great Hype even before the media drives. Lets see how many of them make way on T.A.I. However, initially atleast 1 is a sure shot[:)]

Regards

Akash

Exactly, Aakash, Bridgestone types are the best. Served me well for past 5 years on my Storme. Got them changed to new set of bridge stones itself.

With regards to Harrier lot of rumors flying around, No AT, no 4x4, No AWD, Shortage of the AT from Hyundai and what nots. And based on these rumors people are already making up their mind with regards to the product. Which I feel is a foolish thing.

Harrier from the looks and the spy shots see and read about the specs. will be a great buy. And if priced attractively, it will be game changing product.

However, to Taximeters note, the base version if at all it will be may not have all the bells and whistles you may want for. Again comparison will start between freestyle/nexon and harrier as to who gives what.
Be prepared for a barebones, kind-off, Harrier with high waiting period, since the company may want to sell top 2 variants to the market. So far, only the Top variants of all the Tata cars have been selling well. Sales of top variants is much higher than the base variants.

So you may have to really stretch your budget.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
With regards to Harrier lot of rumors flying around, No AT, no 4x4, No AWD, Shortage of the AT from Hyundai and what nots. And based on these rumors people are already making up their mind with regards to the product. Which I feel is a foolish thing.

Harrier from the looks and the spy shots see and read about the specs. will be a great buy. And if priced attractively, it will be game changing product.
I agree. Unless there is a official communication from the brand w.r.t the features till then no rumors should be believed even if they come from "most trusted, most reliable, most authentic" type of birdies inside the organization/plant. As far as the price is concerned, TML has been doing good job since the launch of Tiago and till now as well. They sure will keep up to the expectations of the buyers. The true picture shall be cleared at media drives and launch.

However, to Taximeters note, the base version if at all it will be may not have all the bells and whistles you may want for. Again comparison will start between freestyle/nexon and harrier as to who gives what.
Even though there is no point in comparing the 3 of them but depends on the cross shopping pattern and resources of the OP

Be prepared for a barebones, kind-off, Harrier with high waiting period, since the company may want to sell top 2 variants to the market. So far, only the Top variants of all the Tata cars have been selling well. Sales of top variants is much higher than the base variants.
Agree. It is the same pattern with almost all manufacturers which are catering to this type of price segment. The mid and top spec cars are seeing large number of buyers. However, cars like CITY ZX etc do not appear to be VFM as much to me. But then, the final call is of the buyer. You are right in saying that TML's top and mid spec cars have good sales volume for eg. Nexon, Tiago, Tigor and even the Hexa. In Hexa, the 2 specs that sell most are XT, XMA then followed by XTA. Have seen very very few XE of Hexa.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom