Ford Figo ZXi (Petrol) 2010 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
12 kmpl is still better than my i10's 10 kmpl mileage :p
But yeah now the grand i10 owners report mileage of 12-14 kmpl in city conditions.

And just saw the figo numbers in November. I am really surprised. Grand i10 doesn't deserve those numbers but still it's selling because of the 90k discounts.
Wonder if ford did a wrong thing reducing the ex showroom price. They could have followed hyujdai strategy of giving cash plus exchange bonus strategy.
Indian market is really confusing for the manufacturers :p
Yes its the city conditions that matter most, Delhi is notorious, not that Trivandrum is vastly better but luckily last time mostly I got good breathing space between signals etc. Otherwise my tankfly average stays between 10.8-11.5 kmpl in city conditions.

Even I would like to drive a Figo Tdci and I'm trying to persuade my wife to give up our 2003 Santro that covered 183000 kms and replace with Figo. She has her eyes set on any petrol Automatic hatch!

Thread Starter #35
Even I would like to drive a Figo Tdci and I'm trying to persuade my wife to give up our 2003 Santro that covered 183000 kms and replace with Figo. She has her eyes set on any petrol Automatic hatch!
Petrol AT hatch
Micra Xtronic is a very good choice,
Of all ATs I have driven the Micra Xrronic felt like it had best city manners and mileage.

Thread Starter #37
Even I like the looks and it's spacious. But, I think she'll keep the Santro for another 50 k!
I am too willng to keep my current Figo for more kms but thoght of upgrading because my Figo is ZXI, dosent have essential safety systems like ABS and Airbags, should have opted for Titanium back in 2015, since these systems cannot be retrofitted too, I thought its good to change my car to new Figo Titanium with all bells and whistles,..
I liked the new Swift too in pictures, will see how it is when launched and will decide on my next car, which ever it is from my observation always going for the top level trims give more value, lower levels may feel value initially but in the long run I feel top level trims will reward more.

If the new Swift is going to carry the existing 1.25 DDIS then it's no match for the 1.5TDCI of Figo. I love the torque of this engine and it's pure addiction to cruise. I love it in my Fiesta and on occasional rides on my brother's Aspire. Maruti doesn't have a choice of Diesel engines to choose from. My suggestion would be to go for Titanium with 6 airbags option.

Most important is the maintenance costs. Figo would be just half of Swift's service costs over the long run.

Thread Starter #39
If the new Swift is going to carry the existing 1.25 DDIS then it's no match for the 1.5TDCI of Figo. I love the torque of this engine and it's pure addiction to cruise. I love it in my Fiesta and on occasional rides on my brother's Aspire. Maruti doesn't have a choice of Diesel engines to choose from. My suggestion would be to go for Titanium with 6 airbags option.

Most important is the maintenance costs. Figo would be just half of Swift's service costs over the long run.
Sure but I heard the new Swift will be an awesome machine with good safety built into it, also Maruti has a new 1.5l diesel mill which they have co developed with VW for developing markets, there will be no better product than the swift to debut their new motor

More importantly I am really interested in Suzukis new 1.2l dual jet petrol engine, its a new smart 1.2l engine which can deliver upto 90 bhp and 116 NM torque and yet get upto 22 kmpl highway, so I will never leave new SWift out of cards as I feel it will be a Maruti that will have some real substance unlike even their premium offerings like Baleno

Thread Starter #40
Another full tank to full tank mileage report

11.81 kmpl,

The drive was fully inside city in moderate to heavy traffic, Full AC ON, and we got a free car wash and vehicle check up from Harry Ford Trivandrum,
The diagnosis mentions that the Tie Rod is now 50/50 , it can still go trouble free for another 30k kms as per Ford engineers,
Also the steering column has some vibrations but again its ageing nothing to worry about
brake pads were fine
Small suspension noises can be heard and again that too is age based
rest all in pristine condition

Great car even after 6 years and 5 months of age

Even I like the looks and it's spacious. But, I think she'll keep the Santro for another 50 k!
The Santro after 184000 on the ODO and 15 years would be handed to an employee of us for a discounted price. The dear car would be in sight at the least.

I'm planning to replace the Santro with a Fiesta 1.6S - 'Aquarius blue' this week. If the deal goes through, I do hope she enjoys her new drive.[:D]

Thread Starter #42
The Santro after 184000 on the ODO and 15 years would be handed to an employee of us for a discounted price. The dear car would be in sight at the least.

I'm planning to replace the Santro with a Fiesta 1.6S - 'Aquarius blue' this week. If the deal goes through, I do hope she enjoys her new drive.[:D]
WOW..1.6S, thats a rare piece I too would adore , but here in Trivandrum there is none available for sale, the ones available are getting quotes from 10-12 lakhs, so it has appreciated its value over time

Top Bottom