Ford Figo ZXi (Petrol) 2010 Ownership Review

Hi,
Good to se your car back in normal working condition. The device to view the log and to clear the same is used similar way across all showrooms i believe.
In my Linea also, to remove an error they used the some device and charged 550 INR.

Thread Starter #17
Hi,
Good to se your car back in normal working condition. The device to view the log and to clear the same is used similar way across all showrooms i believe.
In my Linea also, to remove an error they used the some device and charged 550 INR.
The device used to diagnose error is the OBD scanner, but there is another software thats conmected to ports of laptop via RC ports, thats an IDscanner which scans ID of the part thats malfunctioning, and that needs Rs 600 or 700 per use, so they used both,
700+550=1250
The test is labour charge and tax that accounted to 1440 Rs

2 devices-
But nowadays softwares are linked for both OBD and ID scanning.
Here when i gave my cousin's figo for steering sensor issue,they scanned with OBD but it was linked to laptop having ford's software,they cleared the cache files and reinstalled the software of steering sensor.
Whole process costed just 150.

Thread Starter #19
2 devices-
But nowadays softwares are linked for both OBD and ID scanning.
Here when i gave my cousin's figo for steering sensor issue,they scanned with OBD but it was linked to laptop having ford's software,they cleared the cache files and reinstalled the software of steering sensor.
Whole process costed just 150.
Those are pure electronics,
In my case it was the engine warning lamp that got lit up,
The throttle position sensor gives arbitary values to the ECU, so it has more direct contacr with the cars brain, so OBD can just detect the error but wont be able to identify the individual part thats causing issue, so a software flash wont clean the issue
So an Id scanner is sperately used to identify part id, this part is then removed and cleaned and kept, if it recurs again the part need to be replaced which will cost around 26k,

I doubt so1989rs500,who was the service advisor at kairali?

Though service at Kairali is not a question ,i have doubt on why they charged for diagnosis and just to find part number they charged you as separate 700 and 650.

I remember my friend's sonata got throttle sensor issue,and it showed engine warning lamp , the same was actually diagnosed for free at Hilton Service Centre (Maybe it may be due to my good relation with SA there).
The OBD device showed sensor issue correctly,it wasn't even connected to Lap ,the error code generated will do so and the part code can be evaluated by a manual they have for the code.

One of my friend has bought in Ecosport ,so if i get chance i will drop in to Kairali and get in touch with a good SA and i will update you if you need.

You said pure electronics can you elaborate on that[lol]

Thread Starter #21
I doubt so1989rs500,who was the service advisor at kairali?

Though service at Kairali is not a question ,i have doubt on why they charged for diagnosis and just to find part number they charged you as separate 700 and 650.

I remember my friend's sonata got throttle sensor issue,and it showed engine warning lamp , the same was actually diagnosed for free at Hilton Service Centre (Maybe it may be due to my good relation with SA there).
The OBD device showed sensor issue correctly,it wasn't even connected to Lap ,the error code generated will do so and the part code can be evaluated by a manual they have for the code.

One of my friend has bought in Ecosport ,so if i get chance i will drop in to Kairali and get in touch with a good SA and i will update you if you need.

You said pure electronics can you elaborate on that[lol]
Well I tried Hary Ford first, then only I tried Kairali, at Hary Ford they had OBD but it showed engine error and it was specified VSPS(vehicle speed positioning sensor)
In that itself there is a few of them as per Hary which OBD wont specify as its a single module
The Id device was hang on the lap top which Hary Ford had, so they couldnt do further,so I went to Kairali Ford, Kairali started over again with OBD, the same VSPS then they took car inside and asked us that they need at least 2 hour to rectify,
We went back and found the car was being opened and they cleaned the sensors and kept it back,
I forgot SAs name who attended me actually[confused]

Thread Starter #23
Did you check with Ford india regarding the rates?
As i found this as rip off.
Yes it is a rip off ,but as I was in urgent need I couldnt keep on arguing or had enough time for bargaining, so I left as soon as I got car back,
The actual rate should have been just 750 Rs or so, using OBD need not be charged at all, which they did, no more dealings with Kairali Ford anymore[frustration]

Actually my reply is Kairali is far better than Harry.

Experience with Sales at harry-
Ecosport titanium was checked,the SA kept on arguing - SIr,the difference between titanium and titanium + is the alloys are different,i was laughing,i just asked him are you sure,and can you prove the point-
Yes,sir i will show you,he showed 2 cars with 2 tyre brands and told the alloys are different[cry]

I told those are 2 brands dude,i asked him to come out and showed my ride swift with R15 and again asked him to check the one in old classic which was a 14 ,see this is difference in alloys.

If Sales advisor is like this ,how will be service.

My friends had been giving in Kairali , they told if you yourself know the job well,they won't rip you off,and it all depends on contact you have at each ASS.

Let me know when you take car for next service as-
1.As i mentioned i have good relation at Hilton ,one of the SA's there have good contact with team of service at Kairali.
2.One of my neighbour ,is planning to jump into Harry ford,if he does i will update you.

My policy is-
1.Don't make the ride your day's target (Which is followed by SA's you attend first time)
2.You have the right to ask what is being done and why it is being done?

In Hilton and indus motors ,i have access in service bays,which i was denied at popular,

Popular maruti-
SA- Sir,you can't enter service bay
Me- Why?It's my ride being serviced ,i can't see the job in customer lounge.
SA- Sir, you are not supposed to see the work being done.
Me- I asked without having any relationship with you i trust the car in your hands, similarly you must have the same trust when i supervise it also.
SA- Ok sir.

End result-
Air filter i had previously requested to clean ,he didn't do the job and i caught him red handed (I have written it in another thread).
Also he added A/c Filter needs replacement at 5k km ,i told open it up and show the filter condition,it had just small amount of dust ,i told a cleaning will do,he told cleaning can't be done, i told payment can't be done.
Finally i asked whether i need to report to Customer Care- he told i will do sir .

I changed ASS to Indus where i have one of my friend uncle working.

Thread Starter #25
Actually my reply is Kairali is far better than Harry.

Experience with Sales at harry-
Ecosport titanium was checked,the SA kept on arguing - SIr,the difference between titanium and titanium + is the alloys are different,i was laughing,i just asked him are you sure,and can you prove the point-
Yes,sir i will show you,he showed 2 cars with 2 tyre brands and told the alloys are different[cry]

I told those are 2 brands dude,i asked him to come out and showed my ride swift with R15 and again asked him to check the one in old classic which was a 14 ,see this is difference in alloys.

If Sales advisor is like this ,how will be service.

My friends had been giving in Kairali , they told if you yourself know the job well,they won't rip you off,and it all depends on contact you have at each ASS.

Let me know when you take car for next service as-
1.As i mentioned i have good relation at Hilton ,one of the SA's there have good contact with team of service at Kairali.
2.One of my neighbour ,is planning to jump into Harry ford,if he does i will update you.

My policy is-
1.Don't make the ride your day's target (Which is followed by SA's you attend first time)
2.You have the right to ask what is being done and why it is being done?

In Hilton and indus motors ,i have access in service bays,which i was denied at popular,

Popular maruti-
SA- Sir,you can't enter service bay
Me- Why?It's my ride being serviced ,i can't see the job in customer lounge.
SA- Sir, you are not supposed to see the work being done.
Me- I asked without having any relationship with you i trust the car in your hands, similarly you must have the same trust when i supervise it also.
SA- Ok sir.

End result-
Air filter i had previously requested to clean ,he didn't do the job and i caught him red handed (I have written it in another thread).
Also he added A/c Filter needs replacement at 5k km ,i told open it up and show the filter condition,it had just small amount of dust ,i told a cleaning will do,he told cleaning can't be done, i told payment can't be done.
Finally i asked whether i need to report to Customer Care- he told i will do sir .

I changed ASS to Indus where i have one of my friend uncle working.
Sure man next time we wont do such mistakes,
This time it was a matter of time, who helped us first was what made the day,
Hary Ford didnt have the confidence to check my car, zo went with Kairali, they assessed it and we were told 2 hours for work to complete, went back after 2 hrs and they had the car open at Service bay and we saw they had done work, and so just paid the bill as car was in need, if we had time, we wouldnt have given that anount or should have asked for a detailed bill and would have escalted issue with service manager,
Regarding service quality Hary Ford is better,I dont know about SAs but Hary definitely felt better in doing service,

Ya ,once or twice my friends have given the car at Harry too -
1.In classic,there was a loose engine mount,and the SA there neately explained by taking the car into ramp and in our presence they told why they are insisting onto changing mounts.

But Kairali has immense experience in all sorts of niggles ,while Harry has just started nah ,that's the reliability concern i mentioned.

Kairali staff have training sessions every 3 months also.

Thread Starter #27
Ya ,once or twice my friends have given the car at Harry too -
1.In classic,there was a loose engine mount,and the SA there neately explained by taking the car into ramp and in our presence they told why they are insisting onto changing mounts.

But Kairali has immense experience in all sorts of niggles ,while Harry has just started nah ,that's the reliability concern i mentioned.

Kairali staff have training sessions every 3 months also.
Majority of Hary Ford staffs are the ones feom Kairali Ford, Mr.Ginu is one of best Service persona of Kairali, he is now in Hary Ford, so Hary Ford though new has a lot of experienced hands under them as well,
Sales people sure Kairli might be better,
I stay at Nanthancode just near Cliff house, so for me Harry is just 3 kms away, thats why I prefer Hary Ford, but this time they couldnt help us, so we went to Kairali, and they too didnt satisfy us, but since time was our enemy this time, we opted to forgive them.

Thread Starter #28
Did the 6th year 60k kms service

Before service
Odo: 38463k

Problems:
Suspension noise from front left
Cold start makes a chirping noise
Front left wiper blade damaged
Bonnets holder was broken

Resolves
Saw the cars front left suspension, there was a miniature gas leak from the struts, suddenly the service personnel saw another leak at the rear left suspension as well,
There is no problem as such even with this situation, but I asked them to change front left and left rear suspension which they did
The new air and AC filter means the chirping sound at cold starts are mostly gone
Brake pads were worn out, so I insisted on changing them as well

Rest is regular service including 4.3l of oil of which just 3.8l will be used
Service was done in time but car cleaning took nearly 1 hour to complete so had to wait for almost 45 mins at service station

Car after service
As smooth as butter, almost like a new car
All things fixed and ready to rock,

The total cost was Rs 10,302, not at all bad or rather I say cheap considering the parts changed and work done on it.

Attached below are images of the list of components changed and work done with prices

Attachments

Thread Starter #29
Did a tankful mileage test in my 6 year old Ford Figo
She is now at 42k kms.
The last fuel fill up gave a mileage of 12.12 kmpl
The majority of run was city use alone, with 100% AC ussge.
For a 6 year old 1040 kg car with a pretty old Rocam 1.2 l engine, thats a good mileage number.

Most of Figos rivals can do 13-14 kmpl in same situations, predominantly because most of its rivals are 140-200 kg lighter, still the Figo is still amazing despite having such an anemic engine.

Its still far far better car than all of its rivals, even space and over all ride quality,boot space,stock audio system still makes new entrants feel over priced.

Saw a website that showed the new Figo sales dropped to an alarming 300 odd units this November,i still think the Figo and Aspire successors are way better tham most of their rivals except maybe the new Ameo, still its disappointing to see such low sales figures for a best in class machine.

Anyway regarding my car, the MK I Figo, I still give a thumps UP,

Never regret buying a Ford and happy that I didnt choose a Maruti or Hyundai over this beauty.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
12 kmpl is still better than my i10's 10 kmpl mileage :p
But yeah now the grand i10 owners report mileage of 12-14 kmpl in city conditions.

And just saw the figo numbers in November. I am really surprised. Grand i10 doesn't deserve those numbers but still it's selling because of the 90k discounts.
Wonder if ford did a wrong thing reducing the ex showroom price. They could have followed hyujdai strategy of giving cash plus exchange bonus strategy.
Indian market is really confusing for the manufacturers :p

Top Bottom