Ford Figo Test Drive Review

Hey V ram thats a very nice and crisp review of Figo! But is the Petrol engine very sluggish? Everybody keeps telling the same and regarding the AC this is new to me.
I am comparing to diesel and petrol FIGO petrol is sluggish,diesel feels more powerful compared to petrol. AC i felt noticeable difference diesel cooled faster. If you intend to buy FIGO have a test drive my perception of sluggish may be different as i tried to rip it. Some people may find it adequate.

powerful cars have spoilt me

hey guys, sorry to drop in late on this thread, but wanted to share a little bit of my test drive today with ford figo titanium diesel tdci variant.Surely with this price range build quality interiors and exteriors is much better then maruti's,hyundai and tata stable.Feels that thud shutting doors.All black interiors with silver touch looks and feels nice compared to their another pinkish red dash which is out of sync.Engine is fun and peppy to drive with minimal turbo lag at lower rpm's which is why i feel this car won so many awards nationally, as a complete package its a superb car from ford.I could not push it more in city roads but seemed it would surely do great on highways.Ground clearance felt a bit lower but not an issue with city driven conditions only on bad patches it might scrap its belly, also one thing i noticed is its radiator grille which is right next to front bumpers and might get damaged on a crash, as there were no crosslink bars wielded inbetween radiator and front bumpers, not sure though.
I also enquired about rear glass not completely rolling down, for what SE said it has cross bars on both the rear doors for extra protection and strengthing for passengers which is why they could not roll down completely, also i saw a big round 4 inch bar crossing frond dash fully for extra protection which helps passengers for better safety if crashed.Colours choice is minimal but white looked best to me.
There are optional + variants seems from dealer for ZX and Titanium series with added alloys,spoiler, leather seats with extra price.If i am in a market to buy a new small car with 6L budget i would surely think of buying figo compared to vista,swift and punto,which are only three other options avialable in this price range.

Cost effectiveness of Ford Figo spare parts compared to counterparts

i would like to know if ford figo diesel spare parts are costlier compared to its counterparts viz swift, indica vista , i20 etc. as many people still believe that ford vehicles are good but costlier to maintain. one fact is spares are not available easily at road side auto spares shop. figo owners pls comment

re: Cost effectiveness of Ford Figo spare parts compared to counterparts

As far as I know Ford spare parts are equivalent in the segment.
For example here is the parts list of Fiesta parts compared.
From this you can fairly get an idea about Figo as most parts are shared with Fiesta.

If Fuel Pump is out or corrected then this sheet can be renamed as Fiesta is Cheapest CAR.

Attachments

Hai Friends,[clap][clap]
I'm a new commer joined today. Please share me the nice & bad things you've faced with Ford Figo Diesel. Thanks in advance.....
PJM

Hello

Hello everyone..i have just bought a ford figo petrol 1.2 zxi. Would like to share my experiences here and also discuss issues with other users.

As of now it has just been 10 days. however i feel the fuel economy is only around 10 as of now.only city driving so far. Is it a normal thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody..Recently bought a ford figo 1.4 diesel titanium diamond white...apart from seat covers,what accessories should i go for? How good is antirust coating and is it necessary? i live in yeshwanthpur,bangalore..where should i go for accessories in bangalore and also for anti rust coat? pls help..

Hi everybody..Recently bought a ford figo 1.4 diesel titanium diamond white...apart from seat covers,what accessories should i go for? How good is antirust coating and is it necessary? i live in yeshwanthpur,bangalore..where should i go for accessories in bangalore and also for anti rust coat? pls help..
How good is antirust coating and is it necessary ?

My Figo is 18 months old and haven't done any such antirust coating, i believe its something like teflon coating but costly,

opt for underbody 3m coat its worth and comes with good warranty

For Accessories check at J C Road

Last edited:
@ Maverick123
Congrats on your new drive.
I agree with MSN1 - opt for 3M underbody coating it comes with 5yrs warranty with 10times touch up for scratched areas, I was charged 3K for underbody coating.

Ford India, on Last year august, said it is in the process of recalling certain batches of its Figo models related to issues on the rear twist beam and power steering hose. More than 1 lakh+ cars are recalled for these two defects.

They said the recall is for the cars made between January 2008 and December 2010, and from September 2010 till February 2011.

All Ford Figo and another model of Ford Classic vehicles manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010 will have the RTB inspected, and replaced if found defective under this Recall inspection.

I bought my Figo Diesel on last December 2011, so it must be manufactured before December 2011 and after Jan 2008. I checked with my dealer as well as the service center by providing the VIN number, they are saying My car is not on the recall list.

The question here
1 Whether period of manufacture mentioned in the recall is not exact one ?.
2. Service center and Dealer are trying to hide the defect on my car?.
3. or really my car is free of defects?

how to find that my car is on the recall list or not?.

There only Few things am not satisfied with my Figo

1. The rear window is going down only half inside.
2. The Noise coming out badly when it is in halt with engine running and on 100+ speed.
3. Some times the under chase is getting a hit on (high) speed breakers.

and There are few things I love most,

1. I love Low Deck cars, Figo is one among them.
2. The music system and Bluetooth accessories.
3. reaching 110+ in 9-12 seconds in highways (on my own experience).
4. Boot Space. (Big enough for me)
5. Steering. (Awesome smooth and handling).

Last edited:
Re: 2015 Ford Focus Revealed

Anyone know about music player display in ford figo. During Night i cant see the display on music player there is no light display in it.

anyone faces the same thing ?

Re: 2015 Ford Focus Revealed

Anyone know about music player display in ford figo. During Night i cant see the display on music player there is no light display in it.

anyone faces the same thing ?
thats not normal, the music player backlight should be always on, if its not on then take it to dealer

If a buyer have upto Rs 7 lakh to spare and need a hatchback that ticks whatever number right boxes as could be allowed, the Figo is clearly the one to purchase. It’s very close between the Fabia and the Figo and if you are willing to spend the complete quota of your budget, the Skoda is similarly enticing. With respect to the next two, the i10 is an extraordinary auto, however in this organization, it doesn't have the dynamic edge to help its lovely engine. Also, space is an obligation. With respect to the Liva, it has the space, a decent engine and good low speed ride. But, quality is not great and if it was not the most expensive here, it could have done better. As of now, it doesn’t make a good enough case for itself.

Top Bottom