Ford Figo....Ownership Review (9400Km).

Service is good and can be compared with industry benchmark that is Maruti. Gear box is one of the smoothest in the segment, engine is good, diesel is powerful of two but petrol is not weak either.
I will give 4.5/5 for service.[clap]
That's a lot of saying, Ford really is trying hard to improve which need's to be appreciated.

2. The rear lighting of Figo has total 4 empty slots, one above and one below the brake lamp(LHS & RHS). Added bulbs in those empty slots.
3. Some crome taping on the mirrors door handles.
Did you need any wiring to provide power supply to those bulbs.? How they are used now - as a breaklight/indicator/reverse, etc.? Does the bulbs are provided and fixed at FASS or done after market?

Chrome Taping - Will you please post a photo? And from where you procured it?

Thread Starter #19
Did you need any wiring to provide power supply to those bulbs.? How they are used now - as a breaklight/indicator/reverse, etc.? Does the bulbs are provided and fixed at FASS or done after market?

Chrome Taping - Will you please post a photo? And from where you procured it?
The bulbs are not from FASS these are parking bulbs that are used in pulsar. So when i switch on the parking lights all the bulbs glow i have not attached them to the brake lights. This is all done after market from a known car accessory person.

Sorry for not getting the pic uploaded i will surely get them tomorrow. The chrome strips, i got them from nana peth but they did not turn out to be good so currently looking out for something good.

Jango.

Hi ,
I have just bought a figo petrol too couple of weeks back. However i am getting a mileage of only 10 in the city as of now after a drive of about 260km. Kindly someone tell me if it is a normal thing to get a lower mileage initially ?

Thanks.

Initially you will get 10-11 at the max reason being, new car, hand is not set, after 1st service it will improve. Generally you will get 12-13 in city and around 16 on highway. Do not worry about the FE at the moment and enjoy the ride.

Thread Starter #22
The bulbs are not from FASS these are parking bulbs that are used in pulsar. So when i switch on the parking lights all the bulbs glow i have not attached them to the brake lights. This is all done after market from a known car accessory person.

Sorry for not getting the pic uploaded i will surely get them tomorrow. The chrome strips, i got them from nana peth but they did not turn out to be good so currently looking out for something good.

Jango.
Pics attached. The quality is not good as i have taken them from my cell.

Attachments

Pics attached. The quality is not good as i have taken them from my cell.
Looks good! I would have prefer them connected to the brake light circuit. Did you need to do any kind of wiring? Or, simply plugged-in the bulbs?

FASS can provide the bulbs and even can fit if we ask them, if the points are alread wired!

Thread Starter #24
@dev11

the points are not wired, i had to alter the wiring. If you have to get the bulbs for A.S.S then you will also have to get the bulb holders as they are not present in the empty slots.

Guys,

Any suggestions about driving on the highway before 1st servicing .

Like maintaining a certain Speed Limit / RPM ?
drive with in double digit or donot cross 2000 rpm

give rest after every third hour

accelerate gradually

check with dealer for vehicle condition, oil and other liquid levels do buy a pouch of viper washer fluid

Thread Starter #27
drive with in double digit or donot cross 2000 rpm

give rest after every third hour

accelerate gradually

check with dealer for vehicle condition, oil and other liquid levels do buy a pouch of viper washer fluid
Guys,

Any suggestions about driving on the highway before 1st servicing .

Like maintaining a certain Speed Limit / RPM ?

@jayesh1582

Few tips from my side:

1. Use only light to medium acceleration, keeping the engine rpms below 3,000 for the first few hours of driving.
2. During the break-in period, typically the first 1,000 km, keep your speed 90 kpm or to the speed recommended by your car’s manufacturer.
3. Do not allow your new car to idle for long periods — this is good advice for the life of your car, but especially during breakin. The oil pressure generated by doing so may not be sending oil to every part of your engine.
4. Avoid high acceleration, increase the speed your car gradually.
5. Do not race your car’s engine during start-up.
6. Make sure all the tyres have the correct pressure. I generally keep it to 30.

Happy driving.
Jango.

Great review jango

Very nice to read about your Figo and that It has served you well in the journey

Search for new car.

Things that I would like to have in Figo:

1. Power windows for all.
2. Steering mounted controls or at least a remote control for the music system. It becomes really difficult to keep changing channels while driving alone.
3. Ground clearance could have been better.
4. A dead pedal .

regarding your 2nd point remote for the music system; why don't you opt for Universal Steering Remote which will definitely solve your problem details of which can be found here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/8165-ts-200-universal-steering-remote.html

Last edited:

Top Bottom