Ford Figo Hatch Diesel MT Driven

I had a testdrive at Harry Ford in Trivandrum.My friend is looking for a hatch under 8 lakhs, considered Figo for the same.

Showroom experience- Good support from advisors there.Till now in Trivandrum only Kairali Ford was there, and i also personally felt they were dominating , as if we go for checking new cars they usually don't have testdrive cars they only have cars as demo piece in showroom.
It's good that competition is brought in.

Testdrive-

Differences from old figo-
1.Interior layout new ( Aspire's same interior without dual tone,monochrome black,with silver inserts)
2.Hydraulic unit of old figo's steering replaced with EPAS technology of ford.
3.All 4 power windows(Earlier even in full trim figo rear power window was absent.

1.2 Petrol Full option variant( I am not sure whether Titanium or Titanium +, its full option manual)

Torque increased, thereby power i felt decreased.
Steering wheel - Hydraulic unit was equivalent for diesel and petrol, but with EPAS i felt Petrol felt bit more lighter ,while diesel was precise like old Hydraulic.
Suspension- As great as ever,bit on stiffer side.
Braking and tyres-
175 14 inch wheels, its bit skinny,but does the job quite well.

A/c- Best in class
Music system- Pleasing music system.

1.5 Diesel-Value for money for sure.

I just checked the price- Swift zxi and figo diesel full option same price [clap]

100PS power , it's too much.
No turbo lag felt.
Best as city drive.
It gasps for power after 120 kmph.
I felt Steering weighs bit more precise than petrol,may be due to engine weight also.

NVH -well insulated both in petrol and diesel(Diesel murmur is felt when revved)

Overall i will give 8/10 for FIGO diesel
7/10 for Figo petrol

I don't think Petrol will be fuel efficient (torque is increased)

Also as i am a swift owner, i felt steering capabilities was far better in swift petrol.

test drove the top end figo diesel 1.5 MT at Metro Ford ,St Marks Road today evening while getting my NFF ready for delivery tomorrow,in Rush hour traffic the driveability was excellent, could potter around in first & second gear without pressing the accelerator and without depressing the clutch. Front seats have excellent back support without any gap near the seat base unlike aspire.The feeling inside the car was that it had a lot of space inside.Had a nice feeling after the drive,good effort on part of part,now only thing to do is to market the product,and to create awareness about the product

p

Dying to see some pics plss
Hi Fordguy18, I am extremely sorry for not uploading any pictures. My work and Chennai's weather for past few days are making my figo sleep in the parking [anger]. Will take it out and click some pictures once the heavy rain stops.

To everyone, I just noticed when i went to do PDI for my Friend's 1.2L Petrol Tit Figo that now they have changed the rear headrests adjustable. Unfortunately, my car has fixed ones[frustration]. Seems like they have silently updated this from October batches. See pictures below.

This doesn't look like a Figo/Aspire goof up as they have proper fabric and also the latches to fold the backrest which is not available in Aspire.
Figo-1.jpeg

Clear picture of the headrest without the cover.
Figo-2.jpeg

Hi Fordguy18, I am extremely sorry for not uploading any pictures. My work and Chennai's weather for past few days are making my figo sleep in the parking [anger]. Will take it out and click some pictures once the heavy rain stops.

To everyone, I just noticed when i went to do PDI for my Friend's 1.2L Petrol Tit Figo that now they have changed the rear headrests adjustable. Unfortunately, my car has fixed ones[frustration]. Seems like they have silently updated this from October batches. See pictures below.

This doesn't look like a Figo/Aspire goof up as they have proper fabric and also the latches to fold the backrest which is not available in Aspire.
View attachment 184518

Clear picture of the headrest without the cover.
View attachment 184519

Website still just says "adjustable front headrests" and no mention of rear headrest in the titanium variant specification.
Ford should really work on updating their website faster .
Information is everything. Potential buyers base their decisions on the tiniest differences these days.

Last edited:
A quick update on my New Figo 1.5L TDCI Titanium+ (Deep Impact Blue). I have crossed 650KMs now in 17 days with one highway trip to Pondy.

1.) My friend drove the car on highway immediately after driving his punto and felt it is much powerful and has the torque on all the gears.
2.) Very relaxed rear seat positions. Its best for someone until around 5'8". Taller persons will feel little compromised on comfort due to fixed headrests.
3.) Music system is very good. Being an audiophile myself i did not feel the need for an upgrade.
4.) Headlight visibility is very poor during night. We drove it in rain during night. Seriously considering to upgrade to better bulbs.
5.) I feel the windshield is not equipped with glare reduction. It was little uncomfortable during the oncoming traffic with high beams on.
6.) The Avg FE was around 16 when we started the trip and it reached to 20 KMPL at the end of 300KMs trip. Maintained max 100KMPH speed and 2.1K RPM as the car is still in run in period.
7.) Handling is neutral. Though it was not comparable to earlier figo it is still fun to drive and should be similar to Polo IMO. It should be better if tyres are upgraded. I am just having the stock tyres (Apollo 3G MAXX),
8.) Ride quality and brakes are very good.

These are my observations travelling in highway during average to heavy rain. So the cons mentioned should be better when driven on a dry night/day.

Last edited:
Nice Review. Could you add more on ride and handling on different terrains and traffic condition.

The only worst part is the thin small tyres which according to me should ride on 185/65R14 or 185/65R15.

Nice Review. Could you add more on ride and handling on different terrains and traffic condition.

The only worst part is the thin small tyres which according to me should ride on 185/65R14 or 185/65R15.
185/65R14 would be fine where as 185/65R15 would be a problem and may cause suspension problem and may hinder the handling as the rolling radius increases.
If you want to upgrade to 15" wheels, the ideal size would be 185/55 R15 or 195/55 R15 as they would keep the rolling radius same due to lower sidewalls.
I would suggest 195/55 R15 as the European models run on same spec and the figo can easily accommodate them.

@Fordguy18, 185/65 also results in rolling radius increase. I have an old 2010 figo and that is how I solved the problem of bottoming which the old figo was notorious for. But as you said it will still be within the variation limits and would work fine.

My feeling is that if the tires work fine, just stick with the stocks. If you feel Apollo is not good, then go for Michelin which is much better in terms of grip. But upsizing should be a result of a deeper thought process.

Hi Guys,

My Figo TDCI Titanium+ has run around 2000 KMs. So far, the Car is so good that i don't have much complaints barring the below.

1.) Issue:
Minor rattling on the driver side door. This is clearly audible during city driving where the speed is less than 60 KMPH and when driven on not much smooth roads. Out on highway its not audible.
Action Taken:
When i gave my car for the first service last week, I have raised this issue to Ford Service guys and they informed me that they have tightened all the panels on the driver door and requested me to drive few KMs and bring back if the issue is still not resolved.
Result after Action:
Nothing changed. Its still there. However, this rattling issue is nothing big (atleast as of now) and can be ignored.
Next plan:
I am not taking it back to service center as i feel it is not much pronounced and can be ignored for now.

2.) Issue:
The headlight visibility is very poor. No matter what headlight position you keep. The stock headlights (OSRAM make) are as good as switched off.
Action Taken:
I have upgraded my stock headlights to Philips Xtreme Vision (+100%) which i got from a MGP (Maruti Genuine Parts) store.
Result after Action:
The headlights are now better definitely. But, i am still not satisfied with the output.
Next plan:
I am planning to purchase below and upgrade both headlights and Fog lights as I feel this will give much desired output.
Headlights: Philips X-treme Vision +130% H4 (Twin Pack)
Fog Lamps: OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H11 (Twin)

Now my question is, will the above Fog lamps fit in my Figo. Going by the below screenshot taken from Figo/Aspire user manual i feel this (H11-55W) will be a direct fit. But, i am not an expert to go under the bumper and remove the stock fog lights to check its wattage. Can someone confirm if this will fit.
Figo-Bulbs.JPG

I am planning to get these bulbs because i do not want to lose my warranty, which i have taken for a total of 5 Yrs.[:)]

PS: Reading the headlight issue, I expect there will be doubts on few member's mind about by eyesight power. For you all, I have just tested my eyesight last month and they seem to be fine.[;)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ kecha - i too get the same sound but it's not from the door but behind the odometer (somewhere in the dashboard) i forgot to report it in my first service. if you visit again ask them to check near the odo.

about the headlight [lol] i read your last lines but still i'd say get them checked again :p
for me the headlights are excellent.(without fog lamps) i feel it has the same throw as my verna. don't know much about bulbs , wait for someone to answer. if you do upgrade please update it here.

Top Bottom