Ford Figo Got Banged TWICE in 3 Days...

Figoian,
this is sad to see the car like that, and i am sure, anyone who loves their drive, who have felt that scratch not to the car, but at ones heart.
As many have said, i stand by the same, that you did what you should and could have. unfortunately, there are times, when you come across bullies like those and things turn bad.
i have been in 2-3 such situations and i have felt that, suddenly people can turn against you and we cant really start fighting on the road.
I have always felt that in a situation like, we all need to understand that mistakes can happen, so Don't overpower someone, just in case you are in large numbers or are a localite. Tomorrow this can happen to you.
Recently i saw a situation, where a local family was travelling in their Scorpio, with 2-3 gentlemen inside, huge guys and very rowdy looks with couple of kids and 2 ladies.
In the traffic, they were driving like crazy, they hit a punto in front just because they were being impatient. punto, was being driven by a small guy, probably returning from his office(looked like a techie). These scorpio guys, forget about being apologetic, start bashing him in local language and totally over powered him. I was following the scropio on the road, since traffic jammed, got off the car, tried to support this guy, but seeing the situation, requested this guy to leave since, it wasnt going anywhere and these big guys wont budge. i could see this small guys face and how disturbed he was seeing his punto scratched..
what could he or group of people have done. We couldnt have caught these guys to pay for the damage!
Take care my friend. things will be alright. get the work done on your car, and things would be soon off your mind.

Buddy I am not sure but real all the clauses before signing the policy. You can do this by asking PDF file.

As long as it is hassle free its okay. United is very costly as file charges are 2500 for zero Dep.

Thread Starter #19
Thanks Friends. Anyways, my sweetie is ready now and need to go an pick her up this evening. The invoice amount is Rs. 14240 and Insurance is picking Rs. 10704. Remaining Rs. 3535 is mine [frustration].

dont worry your car will be back to original condition .
Thanks Afrose3.

First let me know, does your car still run with MH reg number ? If yes no one would care as they know you are from a different state. This had happened with me too.

Police would not come into such discussions. So how much does the insurance company pay for the damage ?
Yes. I already have paid the KA Road Tax and filed for Re-Registration. Yet to get the new number.

sad to hear about the unfortunate incident how is the bajaj allianz coming in with a solution
Nothing much. They are paying their share. That's it.

Hey figoian don't worry your car will be fine and back with you soon.As already said it's a very good move that you stayed out of roadrage,the time never remains the same and keeps on changing.
Thanks dr_Sachin

Hi Figoian, its really a bad week for you. Hope you come out of this incident sooner. Being an outsider anywhere in India it is tougher when we involve in minor/major accidents. The best thing you can do is forget about all the incident and love your ride in the city. If you work in Whitefield, we can meet someday.
Very true. Sure, we will catch up sometime, please PM your contacts.

take comprehensive insurance (utilize it if the cost comes close to or above 10000)

Do not go to the nearby Elite ford dealer, i suggest you to go and get work done at metro ford st.marks road they are too good at fixing this sort of dents and helpful for accidental claims (my personal experience)
Insurance? All are same when it comes to claim... [clap] Now, I am trying to reconcile the claim details that Bajaj Allianz had sent me with Dealer's invoice. It's worse than our school days' maths...

Yeah, I am with Metro Ford, St. Marks Road.

Thanks Friends. Anyways, my sweetie is ready now and need to go an pick her up this evening. The invoice amount is Rs. 14240 and Insurance is picking Rs. 10704. Remaining Rs. 3535 is mine
Nice to know buddy that your car is back to glory again! Forget about the misfortune and enjoy driving her! [drive]

Insurance? All are same when it comes to claim... [clap] Now, I am trying to reconcile the claim details that Bajaj Allianz had sent me with Dealer's invoice. It's worse than our school days' maths...

Yeah, I am with Metro Ford, St. Marks Road.
I switched to royal sundaram zero dep policy after having bad worst experience with bajaj allianz
on zero dep policy insurance company pays 100% on spare cost and in other policy it differs according to the age of the car.

metro ford supported me while bajaj refused to pay and was been escalated to ford service zonal manager then it was done by them.

Bajaj allianz: used to prolong the approval period and put the blame on service engineers and say they damaged it during service and all other stupid reasons reduce the claim amount to be paid from their end

Last edited:
Are you sure 100% on Plastic Parts as well?
they said so while checking for replacement for wiper fluid tank but they too told that i will loose no claim bonus while renewing so spent 1500 bucks on own, i can say 100% only after claiming once.

Good to see Figo back in shape. Please post some pics of the renewed Figo. :-)

My car is also getting delivered today. Total cost came out to be 19xxx, Out of which they are paying some 14xxx and I have to pay rest which includes other dent work worth Rs.3200. SO actually I need to pay only about 2000. My insurance is from Future Generali.

Thread Starter #29
Good to see your figo back [:)] Don't worry, Drive safe.
Feels good to hear that your car is back again with you.
Enjoy.[:D]
happy miles again. Be careful while driving and taking turns
Thanks guys... BTW, I was driving her today just like I did on my first ride on her...

i can say 100% only after claiming once.
That's the catch dude. You don't know about anything until you claim it. Even in my case, they have not paid for some of the consumables and they said it all doesn't apply. Where to check??? Insurance is more difficult to understand than a woman (Pun intended).

Good to see Figo back in shape. Please post some pics of the renewed Figo. :-)

My car is also getting delivered today. Total cost came out to be 19xxx, Out of which they are paying some 14xxx and I have to pay rest which includes other dent work worth Rs.3200. SO actually I need to pay only about 2000. My insurance is from Future Generali.
Sure. Will post some pics soon. You too get on your babe and enjoy...

Top Bottom