Ford Figo Aspire Diesel (M.T) Driven

That's what I mean to say sirji.

The rear bumper is negligibly short and I really doubt if it can protect from rear ending even by a low slung sedan.
Oh bro then buyers should be aware of it !! Zest too has similar pattern from what I observed right? Excessive compactness shown eh[frustration]

Oh bro then buyers should be aware of it !! Zest too has similar pattern from what I observed right? Excessive compactness shown eh[frustration]
No compact sedan is safe if hit from the back, even hatchbacks are not safe,
But for the price I believe Figo,Bolt,Zest,Aspire are the safest in their respective segments

In the C sedan segment the safest car is F I E S T A followed by Vento/Rapid, followed by Linea

IMO it is only the Figo Aspire which has got its bootlid as well as the bumper protruding equally. I really doubt of the bootlid will keep itself locked even in case of a slight hit by any vehicle from back. I was also a bit ignorant about the rear bumper thing but then two incidents happened with me which made me aware of the same:

1) While driving the Corolla and an Esteem hit from.back on a signal. There was a minor dent on the bumper of the Corolla and the Esteem was in a bit sorry state; drivable though.

2) I ended up hitting a SX4 (mind you, it has got a strong a##) from back and was surprised to see the damage. The bumper only got dented and its hooks got broken resulting in the bumper of SX4 getting losen from right end. While the front bumper and left fog lamp of the Scorpio were in a sorry state. I am quite sure that the rear bumper of SX4 performed its duty really well and hasn't let any force of this minor collision transfer to the boot.

Compact sedans:
They have a really weak A##, weaker than even the hatchbacks IMO. Or maybe because of a smaller area of hit where the force gets concentrated result in a higher damage. Once I ended up tailgating a Honda Amaze at quite high speed and the way the Amaze took the hit has left me in two minds regarding the safety of these compact sedans in the event of a rear end collision. Seriously, the boot lid etc were all deformed like a foil paper, rear seat mounts broken, chassis got deformed even under rear seat like it wasn't strong at all and final outcome was actually horrific. This left me in two minds if the build of these compact sedans is worse or worst.

images.jpg
Looking at this image given by Ford itself, its only the boot part where there is complete absence of the high tensile steel components or say the true internal strength. Now when we have idiots doing 150 or even 200+ on expressways, no one will at least like to be rear ended by then. As already mentioned, being a Ford the build is disappointing but if you compare to Swift DZire, Xcent or Amaze then the build is comparable to the segment or maybe marginally better.

Last edited:
IMO it is only the Figo Aspire which has got its bootlid as well as the bumper protruding equally. I really doubt of the bootlid will keep itself locked even in case of a slight hit by any vehicle from back. I was also a bit ignorant about the rear bumper thing but then two incidents happened with me which made me aware of the same:

1) While driving the Corolla and an Esteem hit from.back on a signal. There was a minor dent on the bumper of the Corolla and the Esteem was in a bit sorry state; drivable though.

2) I ended up hitting a SX4 (mind you, it has got a strong a##) from back and was surprised to see the damage. The bumper only got dented and its hooks got broken resulting in the bumper of SX4 getting losen from right end. While the front bumper and left fog lamp of the Scorpio were in a sorry state. I am quite sure that the rear bumper of SX4 performed its duty really well and hasn't let any force of this minor collision transfer to the boot.

Compact sedans:
They have a really weak A##, weaker than even the hatchbacks IMO. Or maybe because of a smaller area of hit where the force gets concentrated result in a higher damage. Once I ended up tailgating a Honda Amaze at quite high speed and the way the Amaze took the hit has left me in two minds regarding the safety of these compact sedans in the event of a rear end collision. Seriously, the boot lid etc were all deformed like a foil paper, rear seat mounts broken, chassis got deformed even under rear seat like it wasn't strong at all and final outcome was actually horrific. This left me in two minds if the build of these compact sedans is worse or worst.

View attachment 180451
Looking at this image given by Ford itself, its only the boot part where there is complete absence of the high tensile steel components or say the true internal strength. Now when we have idiots doing 150 or even 200+ on expressways, no one will at least like to be rear ended by then. As already mentioned, being a Ford the build is disappointing but if you compare to Swift DZire, Xcent or Amaze then the build is comparable to the segment or maybe marginally better.
Agree with that, the compact sedans and hatches have their backs completely vulnerable, ots inevitable to make them safe through the back without proper C pillar cross reinforecements like in Polo,Fiesta, and boot base crumble extension as in Linea,Fiesta sedan,Classic,Vento,...
Even Honda City,Mobilio,Datsun Go,Maruti Ertiga are super unsafe, but its sad to see a Ford joining that unsafe A## league, but hey nothing can be perfect, at least Ford made sure front and side protection are top of the class.

I have a question here.
How much the Ford's Aspire/Figo Hatchback maintenance will be?
Now that they say 80% + localization has been done.

All am concerned is that will it be expensive to maintain one of these two cars, say over 5-6 years.
What do you anticipate ?

Guys GT TDi and Figo basically have no comparison except numbers.

Figo manages to sprint quicker than GT, that's fine but being just quicker isn't enough. If I have to drive then I guess I will never push a Figo over 150 (will max it out once though) but GT I can do even 150+ remaining a bit confident (even GT twins also aren't rock solid at such speeds after all). Then which car is rock solid? Check Rapid, Avventura, Linea T Jet or S Cross 1.6 and one will understand what rock solid stability is at 150+ speeds.

But yes, for 8 lac if I can have six Airbags, better power to weight ratio and a smashing acceleration, then I will any day put my money on a Figo as compared to the VW siblings. Why?
1) Figo 'is' better in traffic or mild traffic.
2) Figo offers better all round visibility except a downer that is small ORVMs.
3) let's forget the flying speeds and if I have to drive up to 130-140 kph, Figo any day over Polo. Why? At least Figo will reach there quicker.
4) Figo does 100 kph in fifth gear at 2100 rpm, in fact not even complete 2100 I guess. That's a relaxed engine for long distance cruising. I guess GT betters thus number but for 2 lac extra. With an A.S.S that is lesser spread than that of Ford and yes, Ford A.S.S is getting better with every passing day.

All in all, GT may have better build or maybe more planted ride (Aspire I drove and found it quite comparable though) still Figo manages to balance everything when we bring features, performance, ride and handling into the picture. And the difference of around 2 lac simply sweetens the deal.

Last edited:
Guys GT TDi and Figo basically have no comparison except numbers.

Figo manages to sprint quicker than GT, that's fine but being just quicker isn't enough. If I have to drive then I guess I will never push a Figo over 150 (will max it out once though) but GT I can do even 150+ remaining a bit confident (even GT twins also aren't rock solid at such speeds after all). Then which car is rock solid? Check Rapid, Avventura, Linea T Jet or S Cross 1.6 and one will understand what rock solid stability is at 150+ speeds.

But yes, for 8 lac if I can have six Airbags, better power to weight ratio and a smashing acceleration, then I will any day put my money on a Figo as compared to the VW siblings. Why?
1) Figo 'is' better in traffic or mild traffic.
2) Figo offers better all round visibility except a downer that is small ORVMs.
3) let's forget the flying speeds and if I have to drive up to 130-140 kph, Figo any day over Polo. Why? At least Figo will reach there quicker.
4) Figo does 100 kph in fifth gear at 2100 rpm, in fact not even complete 2100 I guess. That's a relaxed engine for long distance cruising. I guess GT betters thus number but for 2 lac extra. With an A.S.S that is lesser spread than that of Ford and yes, Ford A.S.S is getting better with every passing day.

All in all, GT may have better build or maybe more planted ride (Aspire I drove and found it quite comparable though) still Figo manages to balance everything when we bring features, performance, ride and handling into the picture. And the difference of around 2 lac simply sweetens the deal.
I would say GT TDi, specially GT TSi is worth that extra money, that flat botttom steering wheel of Polo itself costs some , the leather, the hard barratone plastics with less interior vibrations,the neat but ergonomic design, its all well built and there is no foul spot inside the Polo, simply put its a no compromise quality hatch back,the only thing that makes me think twice about Polo after having driven both is the rear seat space,Figo despite being more or less same in dimension manages better legroom, and almost same interior width,
The Aspire DCT I drove felt like an 80% GT TSi for just 80% of VW money, so its just the seat space and less cost that makes me think Figo otherwise, POLO is better than Figo. Add to it better service, Ford makes the scene more complicated, in between Figos have started roaming TVM city, spotteda white Figo TDCI Titanium and a Smoke grey one ad well, looks good, and the front end stands out . Great job by Ford Mo Co, this is going to be a hit product because the white Figo was attracting a boatload of attention, Smoke grey was too quick on road.

I would say GT TDi, specially GT TSi is worth that extra money, that flat botttom steering wheel of Polo itself costs some , the leather, the hard barratone plastics with less interior vibrations,the neat but ergonomic design, its all well built and there is no foul spot inside the Polo, simply put its a no compromise quality hatch back,the only thing that makes me think twice about Polo after having driven both is the rear seat space,Figo despite being more or less same in dimension manages better legroom, and almost same interior width,
The Aspire DCT I drove felt like an 80% GT TSi for just 80% of VW money, so its just the seat space and less cost that makes me think Figo otherwise, POLO is better than Figo. Add to it better service, Ford makes the scene more complicated, in between Figos have started roaming TVM city, spotteda white Figo TDCI Titanium and a Smoke grey one ad well, looks good, and the front end stands out . Great job by Ford Mo Co, this is going to be a hit product because the white Figo was attracting a boatload of attention, Smoke grey was too quick on road.
Hands down , my GT TDI feels very planted over those flying speeds (150+). You can feel the heaviness of the car. Due to its weight, it doesn't bounce around while going over potholes. Of course Ford is cheaper to maintain. But I never got a feeling of driving a hatch while driving a Polo. Not the size, it has got the weighted feel and planted nature of a sedan. But Ford Figo feels like a hatch (of course it's a hatch but doesn't have the planted feel of a sedan) . And coming to the dynamics front VW Polo has the edge. I don't want to go further by comparing Ford with VW. Both are completely different cars. But it was impressive that Ford could compete with GT in 0-100 sprint. Being a Ford owner in the past, I know how tough built they are. There were many a times when people banged my Fiesta from behind and ended up damaging their own cars. Many a times there were multiple hits that could possibly damage my car but there used to be only a scratch. I am not seeing that toughness in today's Figo or Aspire which is a big disappointment. More than 0-100kmph timings I give importance to that tough built and weighty nature of the car. I will trade in my GT for a Fiesta 1.5 TDCI hatch anyday, but not for a Figo.

I have a question here.
How much the Ford's Aspire/Figo Hatchback maintenance will be?
Now that they say 80% + localization has been done.

All am concerned is that will it be expensive to maintain one of these two cars, say over 5-6 years.
What do you anticipate ?
For a Diesel Figo/Aspire. In 6 years or 1 lakh kms, it will cost you around 1 lakh rupees, not more. I am saying on the higher side. Which includes a clutch Assy (Assembly) replacement, water pump (just in case), complete front suspension with disc and calliper Assy. Regular oil and coolant replacements, some clutch switch sensors and minor electrical items, timing belt replacement at 70k, EGR valve cleaning etc etc.

Preview: Ford Figo Aspire fuel economy challenge (the dry run) | Gaadi.com
http://www.gaadi.com/news/preview-ford-figo-aspire-fuel-economy-challenge-the-dry-run-87269
Guys
The Aspire is a master piece, really sad to see its sales not catching up with pathetic Marutis,

Look what Aspire has achieved ,I believe its a world record for a production car,
Remember Aspire has just 5 gears,
Its got 100 bhp and 215 NM and a performance that can match anything like Vento,Rapid,Verna,Creta...

Fords aerodynamics and engine master piece is so damn awesome that I feel Ford should advertise this achievement. Go further Ford. Also Aspire owners,
How are the real world mileage figures?

An Aspire DCT owner I know of is getting 12.7 kmpl in Trivandrum city with full time AC and with 100% city driving..he is extrmely satisfied with the car, he comes from a Hyundai i10 AT which used to give him 10.5-11 kmplin city with AC and not even 1/4th the power of Aspire.

Last edited:
Ford Figo Aspire sets a new fuel economy record : 994.84km @ 42.02kmpl

A challenge that requires a car to be driven from Bangalore to Mumbai, a distance of almost 1000km, in the least amount of the fuel.
The current Bangalore-Mumbai fuel economy record was held by Gaadi.com with a fuel economy of 39.94kmpl in 21 hours 16 minutes for 984.59km – this was two years back on a Renault Scala.

With the Ford Figo Aspire test now completed, although the figure was less as compared to the displayed economy of 46.5, we weren’t complaining. The Aspire had set a new record on the Bangalore-Mumbai route by covering more distance in lesser time and by using less fuel.
994.84km in a record 20 hours 34 minutes with an overall record average fuel economy of 42.02kmpl – that’s the new Ford Figo Aspire diesel for you!

A detailed video on the drive coming up next week from Gaadi.com!

Last edited:
Ford Figo Aspire sets a new fuel economy record : 994.84km @ 42.02kmpl

A challenge that requires a car to be driven from Bangalore to Mumbai, a distance of almost 1000km, in the least amount of the fuel.
The current Bangalore-Mumbai fuel economy record was held by Gaadi.com with a fuel economy of 39.94kmpl in 21 hours 16 minutes for 984.59km – this was two years back on a Renault Scala.

With the Ford Figo Aspire test now completed, although the figure was less as compared to the displayed economy of 46.5, we weren’t complaining. The Aspire had set a new record on the Bangalore-Mumbai route by covering more distance in lesser time and by using less fuel.
994.84km in a record 20 hours 34 minutes with an overall record average fuel economy of 42.02kmpl – that’s the new Ford Figo Aspire diesel for you!

A detailed video on the drive coming up next week from Gaadi.com!
Yes the best record made is by Honda Civic i Dtec on an European route with a mileage of 42.5 kmpl in 1000 kms, this is the second best and arguably in much much more hostile Indian roads, way to go Ford.

Top Bottom