Ford Fiesta: Technical Issues & Solutions

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks for tip @deville_56 and @vishnu vichu. It seems this price is for the non-chrome grille (as stated in Ford India’s website). Mine is a chrome version. Nonetheless, there’s a remarkable price difference between both the grilles as well as the logo. My service center had a spare (second-hand) logo so it costed much lesser.

Drive Safe,
350Z
There is a third silver version, which is pricey (and ugly) as well.

(Oops, I think @350Z got that one)

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
There is a third silver version, which is pricey (and ugly) as well.

(Oops, I think @350Z got that one)
There are only these two types of front grilles available on Fiesta Classic as far as I know. Mine is the latter (Silver + Chrome).

EDIT: Just checked yours Black + Chrome combination. It’s on Pre-Classic variant. That looks neat.

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Front-Grille.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
There are only these two types of front grilles available on Fiesta Classic as far as I know. Mine is the latter (Silver + Chrome).

EDIT: Just checked yours Black + Chrome combination. It’s on Pre-Classic variant. That looks neat.

View attachment 273018

Drive Safe,
350Z
All these 3 grilles were available pre-Classic as well. Full black in lower variants and black with chrome in higher variants and the silver with chrome came as accessory. There were 3 spoiler options as well including the S's type.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

I bought Preowned Ford Fiesta 1.6S 2 Yrs back everything is smooth recently went for 80k service. showroom ppl said there is issue with Steering oil is leaking I got quote from showroom for 14K
does it really cost so much can it be repaired outside plz Help

Thanks

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hello Guys,

I bought Preowned Ford Fiesta 1.6S 2 Yrs back everything is smooth recently went for 80k service. showroom ppl said there is issue with Steering oil is leaking I got quote from showroom for 14K
does it really cost so much can it be repaired outside plz Help

Thanks
There was a recall for steering pipes recently. Check with them whether it was done. If not, you can get it repaired free of cost.

Ford replaces everything. If you do it outside, they will just replace or fix the necessary part, which would obviously be cheaper.

Recall parts:
Power Steering Hose - 6N2Z3A719B - ₹ 2293.00
Power Steering Pressure Line Connector Assembly - 6742740 - ₹ 250.00
Steering Fluid - ₹ 455.00

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Sharing a recent experience which I believe might help owners who find themselves in same situation. My car’s battery discharged and remote key didn’t work so I couldn’t unlock it (my car’s keyhole is jammed). Ford Service advised a long and costly procedure which involved towing the car to workshop. However, a roadside mechanic quickly unlocked the hood from underneath and jump-started the car for just a couple of hundred bucks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
For jammed keyhole, spray WD40 or Rust off and take the normal key and turn left-right-left a couple of times, and it would be good to go.
I tried to fix using this method long back but it didn’t work. Finally realized the importance of a door keyhole after this incident and got it repaired during the recent service (even spare key is manual-type).

Drive Safe,
350Z

deville_56

Honoured Member
I tried to fix using this method long back but it didn’t work. Finally realized the importance of a door keyhole after this incident and got it repaired during the recent service (even spare key is manual-type).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Our lock was jammed when we bought the car. One of the functions worked with this trick, forgot lock or unlock. Later, a second attempt cleared the matter, but the action of the key wasn't assuring then. Made it a habit locking with the key once in a while and it works flawlessly now [angel]

350Z

Core Team
My Fiesta Classic has stalled a couple of times now within about 500m of drive but there's no problem when the AC is off. It has never happened before. Battery was replaced in Nov 2020. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My Fiesta Classic has stalled a couple of times now within about 500m of drive but there's no problem when the AC is off. It has never happened before. Battery was replaced in Nov 2020. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Drive Safe,
350Z
1) Clogged fuel filter/ unchanged for long.
2) Fuel pump not working properly
3) EVAP vacuum issue
4) Bad alternator
5) Clogged injectors
6) Clutch released too soon

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Found an issue while diagnosing the cause of stalling. The coolant level was too low due to a leak in the tank. Got it changed at Harpreet Ford and their entire team was super courteous. Unfortunately, the workshop I used to visit has shut down while at others I’m mostly observing the lack of enthusiasm and customer-centricity after Ford India’s exit. Glad to find one though which is still maintaining the Ford’s committed “family-like” feeling.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom