Ford Fiesta: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #16
Re: Problem with my Ford Fiesta Classic

Hi Guys
My Second Service was done yesterday. I told the customer reps about this problem and I guess they had no clue.
One thing they checked is that the Right Rear wheel had some bearing problem.
They have replaced the bearing for that.

I hope the issue gets resolved after that.

Thanks

Problems in Ford Fiesta

Hi,
Does anyone living in Mumbai (preferably Chembur) own a Ford Fiesta?
I have some issues in my car.
I would like to compare it with other Fiesta & understand what is accepted & what is not.

Please let me know if we can meet? (tomorrow would be best)

Thanks,
Vikalp Luthra.

Re: Problems With My Ford Fiesta Classic

I experience loss of response from engine, after 30 mins of drive, in first and second gears.
When I start the engine & use the car for 30 mins, the response from engine for accelerations is very good, but its reduces once the car is driven for 30 mins, especially in start-stop traffic.

There is yet another problem that I am facing.
In continuation of the above problem, the gear shifter also becomes hard after 30 mins of drive.
Is there a problem with the transmission oil getting hot & not lubricating properly or is it the clutch that is somewhere wrong?The gear shifter becomes hard usually when the car is driven through start-stop traffic. Well I don't ride on clutch too as I am careful about that.

I do not face any problems related to clutch, like jerks or slippage, the power transmission to the wheels is smooth, no vibrations or jerks even at high speeds of 130 kmph. The drive is very smooth.

Could the power loss, after 30 mins & when engine is quite warm, is due to bad exhaust system? Could be that the exhaust gases are not able to properly leave the exhaust port due to chocked up exhaust system? (or worse & I hope not - a bad catalytic converter?)

Need advice.

There is yet another problem that I am facing.
In continuation of the above problem, the gear shifter also becomes hard after 30 mins of drive.
Is there a problem with the transmission oil getting hot & not lubricating properly or is it the clutch that is somewhere wrong?The gear shifter becomes hard usually when the car is driven through start-stop traffic. Well I don't ride on clutch too as I am careful about that.

I do not face any problems related to clutch, like jerks or slippage, the power transmission to the wheels is smooth, no vibrations or jerks even at high speeds of 130 kmph. The drive is very smooth.

Could the power loss, after 30 mins & when engine is quite warm, is due to bad exhaust system? Could be that the exhaust gases are not able to properly leave the exhaust port due to chocked up exhaust system? (or worse & I hope not - a bad catalytic converter?)

Need advice.
The issue you are facing is basically car's onboard ECU deciding some fault with the engine components and to avoid any damage to the engine, ECU puts it in the safe mode. In that, you will notice a considerable power loss and could drive at low speeds only.

Now, these could be because of some of the reasons you mentioned. Please do check the engine oil level or any malfunctioning indicator lights on the dashboard.

My figo used to gave same problem and the Engine malfunctioning light always came on in those circumstances.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the information on ECU. The power loss happens mainly in the 1st & 2nd gear. Could it be because once the engine is warm, the ECU is not allowing rich mixture, even when the 1st or 2nd gear is engaged?
Usually in these two gears a rich mixture is used.

Thanks.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the information on ECU. The power loss happens mainly in the 1st & 2nd gear. Could it be because once the engine is warm, the ECU is not allowing rich mixture, even when the 1st or 2nd gear is engaged?
Usually in these two gears a rich mixture is used.

Thanks.
I would say not. The maps in ECU are designed static in these machines,unlike Beemers,Audis and Mercs (many more are in this list)of the world. I mean to say, the amount of power,wheels should be receiving will be constant under any circumstances.So, if you are not feeling complete pull in the 1/2 gear, it is not the ECU which is the culprit. ECU is just the instructor for the engine to restrict power.

Question here is, what is the reason behind car's ECU deciding that power should be limited? Diagnosis has to be done to reach to that reason.

I would say, if you have tried out earlier mentioned methods and still unable to find the cause, then, visit the dealership, have them connect the diagnostic tool they have, and see if there are any error logs.It might help in zeroing on the exact cause.

Hope that helps and keep us posted about any progressions.

Last edited:

how many kms has your car? and have you changed the transmission oil any time? It might be the transmission oil looses its lubricating ability when it gets warm and makes you feel a harder gear change and less power in some gears..

Ford fiesta duratorque engine

Hai friends
I met with a problem with AC in my ford fiesta classic duratorque tdci 2012. AC was not working. On inspection it's found that radiator fan was unserviceable.. Changed with new one cost me Rs 3500
While I checked the removed radiator motor it's found graphite brush worned out and on replacing the brush the old motor became serviceble. I wasted 2500 for new motor.

Need a suggestion..
Engine releasing little more than normal smoke.not that much black it's like a white smoke mixed with normal smoke.
What will be cost of engine overhauling.
Where should I do the engine service locally in delhi dwraka area ,other than ford service centres.

350Z

Core Team
My Fiesta’s front logo came off somewhere. I’ve managed to source another one but it’s without adhesive at the back. What’s the most suitable adhesive to stick car logos?

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
My Fiesta’s front logo came off somewhere. I’ve managed to source another one but it’s without adhesive at the back. What’s the most suitable adhesive to stick car logos?
Update: I used Fevibond to stick the logo. Heard that being a rubber-based adhesive, Fevibond is supposed to be more durable for automotive applications. It’s been a month; logo is in place so far. Touchwood.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
New grille with logo cheaper than logo along. Info by @vishnu vichu
Yes, since I found it cheaper than the logo alone and 2 of my hooks were already broke, bought one for myself.
Thanks for tip @deville_56 and @vishnu vichu. It seems this price is for the non-chrome grille (as stated in Ford India’s website). Mine is a chrome version. Nonetheless, there’s a remarkable price difference between both the grilles as well as the logo. My service center had a spare (second-hand) logo so it costed much lesser.

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Logo-Price.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom