Ford Fiesta Classic or Fiat Linea?

Since you own i10, i don't think you will be looking again for shorter cars you definitely need a change, but for city ride and fuel efficient i personally feel hatchback like i20, swift, polo.

Dzire doesn't even look like a Sedan from many angles. Its boot is a joke. I guess Maruti pulled out sheet metal from the workshop of some engineering college, attached it to Swift and is calling it Dzire. It sure has poor build quality given cost cut attempts.

I suggest you list down things that you think are important to have in your car. That is the best way you can narrow down on options:

1. Good interior space, Good rear seats / leg room / airy cabin - Sunny / Manza
2. Build quality / Stunning engine / Strictly 4 person cabin - Rapid
3. Tested vehicle / excellent handler / average engine / vfm - Fiesta classic

Well,here is a list of three cars and considering the requirement and all,I'd say RAPID any day.
Fiesta and Linea are also good and comfy cars.but overall Rapid is a far better choice.
Fiesta and Linea both have got better handling and ride too is marginally better than Rapid but considering responsiveness of engine,driving comfort,power,performance Rapid wins over both the others.And then Rapid has got very comfy seats too and with good dynamics its very much fun to drive on highway with the sip of power it offers.
Its a delight to drive on highways with very good in-gear response overtaking and hilly roads are just very easy for this car..

Rapid would easily exceed your budget. I feel Fiesta classic would easily fit in your bill. And is a proven car. Totally a VFM car. Linea is an excellent car too, but cant be sure of proper after sales service. Yes rear seats are a bit cramped in Fiesta Classic, when compared to other cars in same segment.
One more car well within your budget is Manza. You can have a fully loaded Elan, on road in Bangalore, well within 9.5 Lakhs. Or you can go for Aura ABS for about 8.5 lakhs (approx.). Believe me, its an excellent product from TATA.

Since budget is 8 lacs then my recommendation goes this way:-
  • If ride and handling is the first requirement with a responsive engine------Fiesta.
  • Space and comfort(Although it just feels more comfy,Fiesta is also nearly equal)------Manza,but if comfort driving is required then nothing beats Fiesta.
  • If better product quality,better interior fit and finish is required-----Fiesta.
Now its upon the buyer,what to choose,but remember just one point of mine "The thing which looks/sounds better isn't always better and same is for VFM factor.Always higher seller is not the better one,its only because more people follow others with closed eyes".

Thread Starter #22
at about 8 lakhs i feel the manza fits your bill.
Manza is something i did not even look at, since dad and co dont like the looks of it.

Dzire doesn't even look like a Sedan from many angles. Its boot is a joke. I guess Maruti pulled out sheet metal from the workshop of some engineering college, attached it to Swift and is calling it Dzire. It sure has poor build quality given cost cut attempts.
+1 on that... I felt the old dzire was much better.
1. Good interior space, Good rear seats / leg room / airy cabin - Sunny / Manza
2. Build quality / Stunning engine / Strictly 4 person cabin - Rapid
3. Tested vehicle / excellent handler / average engine / vfm - Fiesta classic
Since budget is 8 lacs then my recommendation goes this way:-
  • If ride and handling is the first requirement with a responsive engine------Fiesta.
  • Space and comfort(Although it just feels more comfy,Fiesta is also nearly equal)------Manza,but if comfort driving is required then nothing beats Fiesta.
  • If better product quality,better interior fit and finish is required-----Fiesta.
Now its upon the buyer,what to choose,but remember just one point of mine "The thing which looks/sounds better isn't always better and same is for VFM factor.Always higher seller is not the better one,its only because more people follow others with closed eyes".
Thanks all for your opinions, Rapid seems to be the favorite among everyone.
ANyway to finalize my decision, I've asked to see all 3 cars again and probably will decide by end of this week. God save me![roll]

I totally agree with TSIVipul Fiesta has killing classy looks which is a meant for perfect sedan class, totally it is a drivers car, I give full marks for its fun riding and handling.

Though the rear seats may lack in space rear leg room 885mm,but Hyundai Verna Fludic are capacious but have lesser leg room in comparison to Skoda Rapid and fiesta. so why pay over extra.

Think about it make wise decision its yours.

If you like class, go for the Linea. I own a Punto Diesel. Believe me, I often get to see people looking at my car. I dont see people looking at a Ford Fiesta anymore. Moreover the Fiesta Classic is a budget car. They launched this against the old fiesta with lots of value substrations. I was planning for this car too, but after driving a fiat, I could not return to Fiesta Classic. Linea Diesel will make you proud, believe me. But the biggest challenge is ASS. Hope FIAT opens exclusive service centres soon [frustration]

Whats bad in new fiesta ??
Nothing really bad, But i dont like the way it looks.[embarass]
The price is bad.

My +1

I totally agree with TSIVipul Fiesta has killing classy looks which is a meant for perfect sedan class, totally it is a drivers car, I give full marks for its fun riding and handling.
I'd anyday prefer this to the new Fiesta. The interiors of the new Fiesta looke Chinese.

My opinion on the 3 diesel cars that you have narrowed.

Ford - classic , good car with handling. decent mileage. you could tolerate ford's service bill

Sx4 - best buy - also service bill friendly to pocket and lot of authorized service station.

Linea - terribly under powered than the others . comes almost equal to ford classic. also spare and service issues. other than this its got a superb handling and build confidence at higher speed plus added comfort.

manza - same as sx4 - and is spacious , basic plastic dashboard of all the above 3. We own one and i dont like the 3 quater look. other than that is fine and supported by tata service station all over. cheapest of the lot.

i'll never consider skoda - unimaginable service cost and spares.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Thanks guys for all your wonderful inputs on this. I've booked my next car(That I'll let you all know in 3-4 weeks with an ownership review.

Now the next dilema would be what price would i get for my Black i10 Era- 2009 with 68400 on the ODO. [:D]
I've put ads asking for 2.9Lakhs, is this reasonable? The vehicle is in excellent condition.

350Z

Core Team
I've put ads asking for 2.9Lakhs, is this reasonable? The vehicle is in excellent condition.
Congrats. When is the new car going to be delivered? Quoted price of your i10 is OK but don’t mind a few thousands more or less. Try selling it to an individual.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #30
Congrats. When is the new car going to be delivered? Quoted price of your i10 is OK but don’t mind a few thousands more or less. Try selling it to an individual.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I should have my hands on the car in the 3rd week of June. Trying to sell to an individual preferably. But I will first need to shift the car to my name(right now its in the company name) and then transfer to the next person. How much will this affect the value, I'm not sure...

Top Bottom