Ford Fiesta Classic – Cheaper Variant of Fiesta

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic – Cheaper Variant of Fiesta

Just saw a New Fiesta Classic (black color) in Marathalli crossing (Bangalore) with red color number plate.

350Z

Core Team
Ford India Launches Fiesta Classic

Ford Fiesta Classic Price (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)

• LXi Petrol: Rs.5,49,030

• CLXi Petrol: Rs.5,99,000

• LXi Diesel: Rs.6,48,000

• CLXi Diesel: Rs.6,89,000

Ford Fiesta Classic Features

• 1.6L (101PS) petrol, 1.4L (68PS) diesel

• LXI, CLXI and SXI variants

• New dual tone instrument panel

• New graphic metallic center and floor console finish

• New ebony and Hub-styled seat fabric and door trims

• Colorado Red is the new color addition

“With a proud and loyal customer base, the Fiesta has been one of the main stays of our product brand portfolio in India. With the elegant Fiesta Classic’s thrilling on-road dynamics, refreshingly classy new interiors and proven frugality we invite more customers to experience and benefit from the additional new variants we are offering with our classy product.” said Michael Boneham, managing director and president, Ford India.
Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Front.jpg

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-rear.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hmm a slight change in interiors and a new colour addition. Nothing much.
Lets see what's waiting for new generation fiesta. [:)]

I am damn sure of the increase in sales of the current Fiesta. I am glad that Ford has not stripped down the Fiesta to extremely low level.
To be honest, except for the leather upholstery which was there on the top end version earlier, nothing much will be missed. If i had to go for a VFM sedan, Fiesta classic would have been my choice.

Guys , there is a confussion.

Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic brake force distribution (EBD)

In SUSPENSION section it is saying 1.6 Duratec CLXI has ABS , but in the SAFETY & SECURITY section it is saying only 1.6 Duratec Sxi has ABS.

Which is correct?

In the book let. ABS only in Sxi.

@FORD- That's Bad.

The price of top end is still way high.I would have been really happy if they had provided ABS on the CLXi atleast as optional. Now for anyone who has a "safety" priority, they are forced to look at the top end which is still quite "pricey" !! Thats bad !

Last edited by a moderator:
As per the Ford India website, the CLXi Petrol Variant doesnt have ABS on feature list while the Diesel CLXi does have ABS(With EBD) which t o me is pretty surprising. This is the first time the petrol variant has been given a step motherly treatment!

EDIT: Just checked out the webpage again. On one page, it shows that the Duratorque CLXi has ABS while on the other it shows it doesnt!

Last edited:

Is not the 68 PS Diesel underpowered for a Sedan?
Of course it is. However, the reason why 1.4L motor is still carried over to the Fiesta Classic is due to the fact that it delivers excellent fuel efficiency. Also the diesel heart performs decently in low and mid range. Only the highway drives are a bit disappointing.

Now it would be interesting to see a comparison between Fiesta-Classic vs Manza vs Swift-Dzire vs Etios [glasses]

I check the the classic : all versions.

1> Quality of plastic too bad,
2> dead padel, fog lamp not provided in basis/mid version.
3> Why no ABS+EBD in a 7.1 L car?
4> 3 person cannot seat in back.

Not a VFM car. Ford is playing with Indians buyers. Ford making us fool.

Thread Starter #29

AMG

Suspended
@ basis

#1 I do not think that ford would downgrade the plastic quality. It has to be the same as before. Did you check out the pre-classic models? And secondly it may be that you had seen the beige version and the black-interior version did not please you.

#2 dead pedal, fog lamp not provided
Why stop here, go on, ask why no Cruise control, sunroof, 6 airbags, spoiler, leather seats, heated seats, climate control, etc etc

#3 ABS + EBD is there on the SXi

#4 Three persons cant sit in the back is not the classic specific. If it was there, it would have been in the fiesta too. And honestly speaking, I feel that the car is spacious enough to accommodate 3 persons in the back.

And as for not VFM car, Dont buy it, who is forcing you to do so?

Hello AMG,

May be you are a ford owner. :( But my intention not to make you angry.

I just put my opinion.

I do not think that ford would downgrade the plastic quality. It has to be the same as before. Did you check out the pre-classic models? And secondly it may be that you had seen the beige version and the black-interior version did not please you.
Yes . I check the original also. Even Figo has better quality dashboard.

#2 dead pedal, fog lamp not provided
Why stop here, go on, ask why no Cruise control, sunroof, 6 airbags, spoiler, leather seats, heated seats, climate control, etc etc
What U mentioned is not "Basic". I only pointing to a basic one.

#3 ABS + EBD is there on the SXi
even now a days 5 L car also offering ABS? Why I should spend 8 L for ABS?

4 Three persons cant sit in the back is not the classic specific. If it was there, it would have been in the fiesta too. And honestly speaking, I feel that the car is spacious enough to accommodate 3 persons in the back.
3 person seating with comfort in aback seat for fiesta? I never felt so for long drive. NEVER.

And as for not VFM car, Dont buy it, who is forcing you to do so?
Why you are taking this personally? Are you not Indian? Should I not alert other fellow countrymen if somebody cheating us?

Top Bottom