Ford Fiesta 2014 Review & Pictures: Fascinating Fiesta

Hi Guys,

I am facing an issue with the door latches of my car. On 8th of April I have to replace the door latch of rear left door which has failed on its own with out any impact or sabotage, the replacement costed me Rs. 10300/-. Now 2 days back again the the front left door latch gave up its life that too with out any abuse.

This time I have written about this issue to Ford on Saturday, they have asked me about the preferred dealership where I want my car to be checked. I have opted for VGo Faridabad. I have found the below link where it reported that Ford has done a recall of more than 350000 cars in US and UK related to the same issue. Do any one of you have faced such an issue?

Ford Door Latch Problems

Hi Guys,

I am facing an issue with the door latches of my car. On 8th of April I have to replace the door latch of rear left door which has failed on its own with out any impact or sabotage, the replacement costed me Rs. 10300/-. Now 2 days back again the the front left door latch gave up its life that too with out any abuse.

This time I have written about this issue to Ford on Saturday, they have asked me about the preferred dealership where I want my car to be checked. I have opted for VGo Faridabad. I have found the below link where it reported that Ford has done a recall of more than 350000 cars in US and UK related to the same issue. Do any one of you have faced such an issue?

Ford Door Latch Problems
If thats a known issue Ford should replace them for free,
I think @INS should raise the issue and ask for free replacement

Another issue that Fords faced are the hood rust issue and that happened only in a few Global Fiestas but Ford replaced the necessary parts for free for US and European customers, since India has very few of these cars, I doubt they will help us on this regard, anyway it seems like a known issue and if Anurag Malhotra can be reached , I think there will be solution, otherwise its something that we will be forced to pay without our mistake.

I have been travelling for the past 10 days visiting my home town dharwad and also coastal Karnataka.. Total distance travelled is 2600 Kms and the trip is not yet completed.Places visited starting from Bangalore are Hassan-kukke subramanya-dharmasthla-udupi-kundapura-ankola-hubli-ranebennur- dharwad-Bangalore.Average 22.7kmpl,on my Whitee i.e Ford Fiesta.Odometer reading is now 19465km from October 2015.loving the car enjoying the ride .A great car from Ford....

The above mentionedi km reading includes Bangalore to belgaum trip which I am currently undertaking after starting again from Bangalore from Wednesday. Presently at dharwad.The roads have been excellent. I .e NH4.The coastal highway road widening is being undertaken and a lot of diversions...

Ankola -hubli road is in excellent condition.started from Ankola at 6.45 pm was at Hubli by 9 pm.The white striped painting at the edge and reflectors help in night driving...

After a long time this thread has been updated ,nice to know that Fiesta retains it position regarding handling, well this brings to my Whitee Fiesta ,the of stands as on today 28050kms,got serviced the car at Metro Ford Dharwad,the quality of service was excellent, cleaning was top notch, went, reached the service station at 9.45 am and was out by 3.30 pm, service cost was 5199 rs , including labour, wheel balancing and alignment was not opted for since I had got the same done at Madhus Enterprises at Levelly road Bangalore.The engine has smoothened,and the gear shift has become effortless,can change the gear with one finger. Another point I wanted to mention is about the clutch,it has not become hard over a period of time,as I had expected it being a diesel car,loving it every moment I drive,by the way the service guy who had serviced my car was remarking that the fiesta model being an effortless car to drive ,why it didn't sell well and failed in the market,he could not understand? Well it's for Ford to answer

After a long time this thread has been updated ,nice to know that Fiesta retains it position regarding handling, well this brings to my Whitee Fiesta ,the of stands as on today 28050kms,got serviced the car at Metro Ford Dharwad,the quality of service was excellent, cleaning was top notch, went, reached the service station at 9.45 am and was out by 3.30 pm, service cost was 5199 rs , including labour, wheel balancing and alignment was not opted for since I had got the same done at Madhus Enterprises at Levelly road Bangalore.The engine has smoothened,and the gear shift has become effortless,can change the gear with one finger. Another point I wanted to mention is about the clutch,it has not become hard over a period of time,as I had expected it being a diesel car,loving it every moment I drive,by the way the service guy who had serviced my car was remarking that the fiesta model being an effortless car to drive ,why it didn't sell well and failed in the market,he could not understand? Well it's for Ford to answer
Our market always stands for spacious and most importantly the brand, Ford dosent have that brand image thta Maruti has , and thats a big reason , also easy and fun to drive is one of theeast priorities Indians have kn their shopping list, so a drivers car like Fiesta has had no chance.

Does any one has received such a call. I have received it after I faced issue of Door latch failing to work thrice in a year and locking a call with Ford.

In the earlier 2 instances I have to pay full for the door latch, while in third case for which I have directly reported to Ford, they change it at 50% of the cost. Also in third time I have asked them to provide me the RCA of the issue for which they have called the faulty part in their Chennai factory to analyse and revert back for which they have not provided any time frame. But after a month or so I have received the below communication from Ford for the vehicle inspection.

FORD

FORD INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATIONS
S. P. KOIL POST, CHENGELPATTU - 603204

Service Campaign Notification - 18S06
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Vikrant,

Ford India Private Limited ("Ford India") is organizing a service campaign for select Global Fiesta owners as per the following details:

What would Ford do?
Ford India, through its authorized dealers, will examine the functioning of door latches in your Global Fiesta.

What should you do?
We request you to contact your nearest Ford authorized dealer to schedule an appointment. Please provide the Dealer with the registration number or the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your Global Fiesta. These details are also listed at the beginning of this letter for your easy reference.

How long will it take?
The time required to inspect your vehicle will be less than half a day, subject to advance booking and scheduling requirements on the day of your appointment.

How can I check if my vehicle qualifies for this inspection?
This is a proactive and preemptive service campaign for all customers. You can visit the field service action section on Ford India's website and enter your Global Fiesta’s VIN details to check.

What if you no longer own this vehicle?
If you are no longer the owner of this vehicle, please let our Customer Relationship Center (CRC) know by calling at 1800 419 2500 / 1800 425 2500 or emailing at custmail@ford.com

Can we assist you further?
For any additional queries, please contact our CRC on above-stated numbers and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

The inspection and service campaign is in line with our commitment to ensuring your vehicle continues to deliver unmatched satisfaction through its lifecycle.

On behalf of
Ford India Private Limited

sign
N Prabhu
Vice President
Ford Customer Service Division

Does any one has received such a call. I have received it after I faced issue of Door latch failing to work thrice in a year and locking a call with Ford.

In the earlier 2 instances I have to pay full for the door latch, while in third case for which I have directly reported to Ford, they change it at 50% of the cost. Also in third time I have asked them to provide me the RCA of the issue for which they have called the faulty part in their Chennai factory to analyse and revert back for which they have not provided any time frame. But after a month or so I have received the below communication from Ford for the vehicle inspection.

FORD

FORD INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATIONS
S. P. KOIL POST, CHENGELPATTU - 603204

Service Campaign Notification - 18S06
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I have received this notification as well. Mine is Aug 2014 Manufactured & I haven't faced the issue of door latch failing, yet. Touchwood.

I'm planning to get this checked during my next service in December.

Have you checked with Ford service?

Not sure of the parts availability. In my area, they usually don't keep stock of Global Fiesta's body parts.

Attachments

I have received this notification as well. Mine is Aug 2014 Manufactured & I haven't faced the issue of door latch failing, yet. Touchwood.

I'm planning to get this checked during my next service in December.

Have you checked with Ford service?

Not sure of the parts availability. In my area, they usually don't keep stock of Global Fiesta's body parts.
Well, I have not faced much issues in part availability, yet. In the first instance the latch was readily available at one of my nearest service center, second time it has been made available with in a day, only on third time it took more than 24 hrs and this may be because the Ford team was involved to analyse the issue.

Well, I have not yet checked with any of the service center near me, will check it this week end.

Top Bottom