Ford Fiesta 2014 Review & Pictures: Fascinating Fiesta

Last week, during a regular drive, a goat whilst being played with some kids had suddenly crossed the road with enthusiasm and came just in front of my car all of a sudden. I noticed that there was a good crowd on the road side and decided not to brake vigorously to avoid any mishap to humans. I just pumped the brake and allow the car to hit the goat at much lower speed. Fortunately, the goat just had to overcome the shock of a knock of a car at 50kmph. But, there was some damages to the car. I'll update the pics.
Aah..thats disappointing, Fiesta is already rare and unique and each time it gets hit, its a pain, will therr be need for repainting?

I couldn't upload the photos as the file size exceeds 1MB. The damages are minimal as the impact is low profile. Thanks to Fiesta being an export oriented model and emphasis on pedestrian safety most of the impact is absorbed by plastic fasteners. The following are the damages;
1. 1.5 inch hole on the right bumper above fog lamps that warrants a change of bumper and repainting. Cost - 3622 and 6500 for painting.
2. The plastic lock of the fog lamps broken and cost is 1600 for fog lamp at right.
3. The plastic hook to bolt the right headlamp is broken and needs head lamp replacement at 3622 rs.
4. The fibre wind deflector below bumper that holds the engine guard lock broken and needs complete replacement. Cost 4618.
5. The engine guard underneath is broken and needs to be replaced at 8728. That's very costly for a plastic cover.
6. The plastic piece that holds the head lamps inside bonnet and top of bumper was cracked by 1". Cost of replacement at 2600.
The total estimate including labour and tax could be around 35k which will be covered under insurance. I would have to pay rs.1000 in excess and 1000 for consumables and depreciation.

Yeah, this is a rare commodity and just intend to keep this for at least 10 more years or 4 lakh kms whichever is earlier. Ford has all parts in stock and asked for 4 days to import the bumper. No ETA on bumper as of now.

Yeah, this is a rare commodity and just intend to keep this for at least 10 more years or 4 lakh kms whichever is earlier. Ford has all parts in stock and asked for 4 days to import the bumper. No ETA on bumper as of now.
Yes its a very rare product. Each time when I drive the Fiesta in the road, people really turn back and look as its a very rare seen car in India.

Take a good care on it while driving as we live in India because we really dont know how the pedestrians react when they are in road. Drive Safe & Be Safe. [:)]

Once the parts arrive, they Ford ASS has asked for 3 days to complete the job including the painting of the bumper. I'll keep this updated. Overall a reasonable time would be 7 working days.

I've been informed today that the parts indeed arrived today! I'm so happy with their service for a car that just sold a few hundreds in India. A pleasant shock was to know from Ford ASS that FORD will support with parts for around 15 years from being discontinued. They have shown me today how they have been able to source parts for a lone well- maintained Mondeo in Erode! And I have started thinking that I should sell my Vento TSI soon and get hold of 1.6S in Aquarius blue wherever it may exist in India. That's one car I always wanted and especially in Aquarius blue! I couldn't stop drooling at the 1.6S recently acquired by member Vishnu_ Vichu.
This really increase my chance of holding on to my Fiesta for 10 more years.

Was Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident, since yesterday but my spirts were uplifted when I read the last post ,very happy now so posting ASAP .This reinforces my intention to keep my White which I love the drive every moment for nearly 15 years until ford brings the next generation of fiesta, thumps up sir enjoy its a beautiful car and one which is hoot to drive,

It was unexpected when the damage was mainly to the body parts namely bumper, RH head lamp, RH fog lights, bumper deflector and a plastic scuff on top of the bonnet. Ford ASS here is very good. Right here we have close to 25 Fiesta's being serviced regularly that I know of. That's a lot of Fiesta's in a small city.

Ford has managed to compete the 'Job' in 3 days. Bonnet, Bumper, Scuff on top of bumper, Bumper air deflector, Head lamp and Fog lamp were all fixed. Commendable Job on a discontinued car. [clap]

I asked them to paint the Bonnet as well as it had paint removed due to stone marks and a minor dent (hardly visible!) from a fallen object. The main reason is that I didn't want the front bumper and bonnet to look any different due to painting effect. They have done a decent job in painting the bumper and bonnet and I'm happy with the results. I'll get 3M exterior treatment on them soon as I have on the rest of the car.

I could have taken delivery of the car today, but for the plastic lock of the oval 'Ford' logo got broken when removed from the damaged bumper and the Logo from New Figo or Ecosport is not suiting this car. The plastic lock spacing is different to each car - very funny inventory management.[confused]
They would raise the order today and I'm expecting to receive it tomorrow. It costs upwards of Rs.1000![surprise]

Here below are the bonnet and bumper after painting. I've fitted them on the car and found matching quite satisfactory. I forgot to take a snap. I'll have to pay for cost of painting the Bonnet out of my pocket. Damage - Rs.6500.

Attachments

Last edited:
I managed to take the delivery of the car after 7 days. Very good job done by Ford. The painting was good and very hard to differentiate if bonnet and bumper has been painted. The total cost including excess and salvage - 1900 + cost of bonnet painting which was requested from my side.Please see bill atatched.

20170323_101513.jpg

20170323_101523.jpg

Bumper, RHS head lamp,, RHS fog lamp assembly, Splash guard, Deflector and top Bonnet scuff changed.
The car taken home after repair work. Happy home coming! I missed you every second!
View attachment 223323

Attachments

Last edited:
Sweet, so 2 new drivers car on you garage
I have a Vento TDI Highline and a 2010 Figo at home as of now,
Sure VWs handle good, but still Ford is a league above VW, I having both can vouch for it and as of service Ford is just 1/4th of what VW costs per paid service.
Really wishing Ford to bring the new Global Ford Fiesta to India
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RF_zxnEtI

You know I also own Vento TSI and good you left that out as it's not worth the salt when compared with these two. I think I'm now spoilt for choice between these two.
I would be first among equals to write a check for this Fiesta only if Ford launches it here. Until then, I have my hands full.

You know I also own Vento TSI and good you left that out as it's not worth the salt when compared with these two. I think I'm now spoilt for choice between these two.
I would be first among equals to write a check for this Fiesta only if Ford launches it here. Until then, I have my hands full.
Yes as per reviews VW is great drivers car, and to some point it is, but after driving them back to back, there is absolutely no contest the Ford is ahead of VW by a good margin,
Now 1.6S is my dream too, but as far as I know, most of the 1.6S for sale here in Kerala are abused to absolute limits, rarely people have taken care of it, checked one at Kollam District and I was surprised to see even cockroaches inside that 1.6S, the car drove well but had some clutch issue and abnormal noise when revved post 3000 rpm which my co test driver who is well versed with mechanics said is a car to avoid,
And he suggested take normal 1.6 Fiesta CLXi or SXi and upgrade suspension and Air filter and add Bilstien shocks and new set of tires and one would get an 80% 1.6S

Count me in as the 2nd in queue as well[lol]

Top Bottom