Ford Fiesta 2014 Ownership Review: Baby Aston Comes Home

Thread Starter #301
Hi Bump_that,

This is definitely the ABS sound, even I have a same kind of experience a couple of days back, when trying to change lane that too at a very low speed and the 3 wheeler makes haist and pops up in front of me and I have to brake hard. And the sound makes the people sitting in the 3 wheeler gone crazy, it was apparent from their face expressions [evil].

You must have got some feeling on your foot too during that braking.
even INS-VIKRANT faced similar noise i guess this is how abs reacts in fiesta also few pages back another member have posted that you may heard sounds while abs works anyways i ll get the car checked soon.

May be i guess we should think of writing to ford.
If there is a manufacturing defect in a particular part maybe then they should be informed about the same so that they can initiate the faulty part replacement. As i believe all our cars are manufactured around the same time from June to December, and the part supplier must be the same. So there is definitely something for Ford team to action upon.
Please suggest.

Apart from noise does the car stop in a straight line?
Is there a pulsating brake feel when the final speed reduction that is between 40 kmph to 0 kmph takes place?

The ABS has a sensor that activates ABS based on speed of car , if this has gone malfunctioning ABS wont work and could make some strange noise while breaking.
Usually if the breaking is done when outside is wet/muddy there is possibility of noise
Low brake fluid too can cause the noise

These are general causes of noise while breaking,
If there is a feeling of lack of brake make it sure that the car is checked with service center, otherwise It dosent sound harmful

There is braking noise on sudden breaking at high 100-60 alappears good when its going down from 60-0 its when brakes throw the weird noise on smooth tar surface as well. But i guess ABS works as the car stops in a straight line. Strange thing is that neither the ABS light nor the Esp lights get lit. Which should happen in normal case. I have seen those on my XUV 500 when systems are engaged.

There is braking noise on sudden breaking at high 100-60 alappears good when its going down from 60-0 its when brakes throw the weird noise on smooth tar surface as well. But i guess ABS works as the car stops in a straight line. Strange thing is that neither the ABS light nor the Esp lights get lit. Which should happen in normal case. I have seen those on my XUV 500 when systems are engaged.
Ford Fiesta dosent have ESP for India, in UK it will glow,
But ABS indicator glows only under very hard braking,means super intense emergency situations only,if its not flowing maybe the module indicator isnt connected or something like that might be the issue,since more than 2 have reported such an issue I think its worth a write up to Ford management,

One of my trustworthy source from UK asked me whether the car stops in straight line,whether we braked at muddy or damp situation etc, if its still heard even in smooth roads sure it might need a check up,anyway no such known issues with UK fiestas so far,and for them ABS indicator glows when stopping suddenly and ABS lights glow only at the final stopping meters ie at speeds differnces between 40-0, from 100 or so,
Indian Fiesta does seem to be a lot different than the European one in lot of ways,

Well i have replaced those mud flap clamps with screws which i drilled into the fender lining this morning. I need to check now if the noise still exists or was it actually of the mudflaps.

One more weird thing just happened this morning on my car. The chrome window shoulder beading just came off for my rear left quarter glass. I checked the adhesive and realised that there is no 3M taping but jus a couple of spots of adhesive which very disappointing fittment by Ford. I have raised a casr for this as well with Ford. Lets see what they have to say about this.

Ive also heard a thud-thud sound while braking in unusual places ie; when you move from the tar road to the kerb space, Ive also noiticed that the thud thud happens only when you suddenly brake while turning your steering in uneven roads. May be its some safety feature that gets enabled when all the above three conditions satisfies [evil] ive always thought its ABS but as said in earlier posts there are indicators to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
i apparently happened to experience the noise on sudden braking on normal tar road while returning from goa.
Usually, that kind of noise does come when ABS is engaged. I double-checked it on i20 and honda city. Though, the ABS light didn't lit up on both.
Maybe that is what ABS does to avoid locking up of braking.

But the noise doesn't come up every time. The reason might be that bolt protruding out from the mud flap. When braking hard, it must be hitting the tyre.

I had a similar experience around 2 years back when this noise would come while braking and even on bumps.

Check out the bolt for a couple of days if there appears some burn-off from the tyre.

Have a look on the image Bump_that uploaded.

Do you see that line appearing on the tyre, whereas the surface around it is dusty?
That is where the bolt is hitting.

Attachments

Last edited:
Are you guys referring to the front mup flaps?
I've not yet installed the front mud flaps & was planning to install it during my second service. If this is creating the problem, I would better not install these.

Thread Starter #314
Have a look on the image Bump_that uploaded.

Do you see that line appearing on the tyre, whereas the surface around it is dusty?
That is where the bolt is hitting.
that maybe due to tyre polish that i applied the night before photos were clicked .

Top Bottom