Ford Fiesta 2014 Ownership Review: Baby Aston Comes Home

350Z

Core Team
Wow, you portrayed your ride really well sir! Quenching my thirst for pictures. I really loved the outside rear view mirror lights when lit up at night as well as ambient lighting inside. But a small a advice bump_that,which you might not be knowing. Especially the battery of the Ford is a high performance one from motorcraft. But if you turn on the electricals without turning on the engine for the sake of listening to music. Apart from the music system many other sensors in your car will get activated there by draining out the battery soon. Half hour is sufficient to drain the battery. I have already seen this in a Ford vehicle and also in BMW 525d. Technologically advanced cars, they need power for the sensors, ecu and other systems. So its always better to turn on the engine while using such stuff.
That's correct. I've had a similar issue with my Fiesta Classic although the battery didn't fully drain. Ironically it's music system works even when the key isn't inserted which is sometimes more of a bane rather than a boon. It's also recommended to switch off all the unnecessary electronic features while turning the car on.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Bump_that,Great review.Congrats on your baby aston. Looking for more detailed driven reviews.I am gonna get same white beauty next week in Bangalore.But in Trend. BTW did they tell you anything about Engine run in period or is it there in the manual? Like, you should not cross 80 or 2500 RPM etc for the first 1000 km ? And can we turn off the footwell lamps by any chance if not needed?

Thread Starter #18
@Roadie : Thanks man , I did not read the manual about Engine run in or turbo idle:stupid: also while taking delivery i asked SA about same and he said " You can rip it from day one :eek:" but i still follow the turbo idle rule , and stay below 2000-2200RPM

@Roadie : Thanks man , I did not read the manual about Engine run in or turbo idle:stupid: also while taking delivery i asked SA about same and he said " You can rip it from day one :eek:" but i still follow the turbo idle rule , and stay below 2000-2200RPM
Thanks Bump_that.The SA could be right as the new gen engines are already seasoned for long drives from day one.But it is good that you are taking care not to rev it much.How about the foot well lamps? Did you try turning them off by any chance?

Last edited:
Appreciate your ownership thread [clap]. Please let us know about the ground clearance. Is it adequate ? Did it scrape the bumps anytime ?
The ground clearance is 170mm as per official confirmation from Ford.I believe it was 156 in the outgoing version.I almost rejected this car since I was skeptical about this. 156mm was not enough to negotiate the Bangalore speed breakers.But I contacted Ford support multiple times and confirmed it is 170.also in my TDs I jumped many speed breakers with full load.It did not hit any.May be Bump_that can give you more info.

Thanks Bump_that.The SA could be right as the new gen engines are already seasoned for long drives from day one.But it is good that you are taking care not to rev it much.How about the foot well lamps? Did you try turning them off by any chance?
did you check it in the SETTINGS ? I guess it has to be in the VEHICLE SETTINGS.

Thread Starter #22
did you check it in the SETTINGS ? I guess it has to be in the VEHICLE SETTINGS.
.How about the foot well lamps? Did you try turning them off by any chance?
Yes sir , i did there no settings for foot well lamp in vehicle settings. The only way to turn them off is by removing the foot well bulb, or am i missing something? :suspect:
Vehicle Settings Menu
IMG_3477.JPG
Foot well Bulb
IMG_3498.JPG
IMG_3496.JPG
IMG_3492.JPG
The ground clearance is 170mm as per official confirmation from Ford.I believe it was 156 in the outgoing version.I almost rejected this car since I was skeptical about this. 156mm was not enough to negotiate the Bangalore speed breakers.But I contacted Ford support multiple times and confirmed it is 170.also in my TDs I jumped many speed breakers with full load.It did not hit any.May be Bump_that can give you more info.
She did not scrapped any speed breaker yet i guess stiff suspension may have something to do with it [:)]

I hate such SA's, what was that idiot thinking ? You must always follow the turbo idle rule in the morning bro. And you are doing it right.

Thanks for the info bro, 170 mm sounds good to my ears. Because I saw 2014 Octavia scrapping it's under body in Tirupathi while climbing up the hill over while crossing over a huge and blunt speed breaker. And GC of the Octavia is 155mm. So after seeing that incident, it worries me.

Thread Starter #26
I hate such SA's, what was that idiot thinking ? You must always follow the turbo idle rule in the morning bro. And you are doing it right.
Yup , 1 minute before moving and 1 minute before turning engine off [:)]

How is it going Bump. Are you looking for any mods on it? Or do you want to maintain the same originality? Update us.
its going pretty well have completed 745Kms. Will add tuning box after 3 yr. Till then only 3D mats and seat cover[:)]

For seat cover i was thinking to get something like this
2013_ford_fiesta_st_review_03g-1107.jpg
These seats are from Recaro that are offered in Recaro Package for Fiesta ST overseas.
233x350xRecaro-seat-233x350.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IujDgd435M.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations for your drive man [cheers].

A few queries:
Does the center lock locks the doors automatically when you move on the vehicle? Which Smart Phone, have you tried MI3s kinda phones? Have you tried folding down only one ORVM?

Thread Starter #28
Does the center lock locks the doors automatically when you move on the vehicle?
Thanks man [:)], No they don't lock automatically.
Which Smart Phone, have you tried MI3s kinda phones?
i have paired an Iphone 5S works fine.
Have you tried folding down only one ORVM?
Nop , there's no provision in the car to fold in/out individual mirror. Doing that manually will break them or cause misalignment. :smile:

Last edited:

Top Bottom