Ford Fiesta 2007 Power Window Not Working

Thread Starter #1
hello friends, recently my friend have bought Ford Fiesta 2007 model, the only problem in the car is the driver side power window is not working, rest all three switch are working on that panel, and the only one driver window switch not going down and the switch light is glowing. What can be the problem

350Z

Core Team
Sometimes Fiesta’s power window would stop functioning if it’s operated continuously to prevent damage to power window motor. If this is the case then allow sufficient time to the window motor to cool down. Switch off the ignition and turn it on again. Get in touch with Ford authorized service station if it doesn’t helps.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Check for the fuses some cars have individual fuses for power windows - front left/right and rear left right.

some has front and rear power windows fuses.

make sure the power window switch is okay.

can u plug the driver side plug into some other switch to be on the sure if its not the switch?

hello friends, recently my friend have bought Ford Fiesta 2007 model, the only problem in the car is the driver side power window is not working, rest all three switch are working on that panel, and the only one driver window switch not going down and the switch light is glowing. What can be the problem
[evil] Faced a similar problem in 2006 Fiesta 1.6 SXi, opened the complete switch assembly found the contact points (small steel stripes) were bent. Tried to correct them, but couldn't. On assembling again got positives in both the terminals of motor.

Asked for the cost of new switch assembly, quoted around 3k. Finally jugad worked out.
Connected the RH motor output wires to LH control. Now when I roll down or roll up from driver side controls, both windows will work and when operated from the LH door, only LH window works.

Lucky you Mr Boss
my mate had a problem in his Ford Territory . I fixed the power windows , it was the fuse.

then the switches were stuffed later on . Each switch was about $40 each ( approx 2200rs) and we bought two.

don't do that jugaad man. whhy can't you get the terminals fixed. cut the switch from assembly and then do the soldering using wires to some other switch

I had a similar problem in my second hand Tata Indigo LX...
I had to replace all the regulators of the power windows.
Fortunately i was at the garage while the power windows were rectified. The garage charged me 1200.00 for the labor and cost of the regulator. The next time when this happened to other window i changed it myself by (DIY)

If you go to ASS they will not try to check the individual parts, but will insist in replacing the entire set of the motor and regulator change. The ASS quoted me 3K - 4K.
The DYI costed me only 500.00 for the new regulator per window. So saved 700.00 which i had to give to the garage. And since i also had time i also cleaned all the debris n dirt inside the door panel.
I forgot to take pictures of my DIY but i am posting a link which explains the detail of each step to be followed for this DIY

In a power window there are 2 major elements.
1) Motor - Which rotates the gear clockwise or anticlockwise for the window to roll up or down
2) Regulator - Which actually is a mechanism (which varies for different cars) which converts the rotary motion of the motor into upward and downward movement.

The window glass end is fixed to this regulator end which when the motor rotates, moves the windows up and down.

Check out this web page. It gives a detail DIY on to check and repair the power windows.
Diagnosing and replacing a power window regulator & motor in a Pontiac Grand Am

whhy can't you get the terminals fixed. cut the switch from assembly and then do the soldering using wires to some other switch
Not possible dude. Tried every possible solution, but with lease success end up with Jugad. Will post the snaps by this evening.

Check for the FUSE first most of teh time its fuse if not then, simply drive down to the Ford ASS and get that fixed. Its safe the light will glow because its a different connection.

Top Bottom