Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Thread Starter #198
If lucky, can be ordered via dealer. Else scrapyards.
No, the only 2 parts they've stopped taking orders are the 1.6 S OEM Spoiler and OEM 15' alloy wheels. All dealers stopped taking order long back, say like at least 3-4 years back. Scrapyards are your best bet. I friend of mine picked one for just 1000 rs that too an OEM one.

So how can I get a contact of dealer ?? I searched scraps but couldn’t find anything
If you have any contact at ford dealership use that to check the live spare inventory from that you can see how many pieces are left and at what dealership.

If you find any then you need call up the dealer and see if they are willing to courier it to you.

I believe the OEM spolier for S is really expensive

Thread Starter #202
NGK Platinum Plugs :

Once after installing the stock replacement air filter, I started searching for an upgrade from the stock spark plugs. I found that NGK has platinum plugs for the Fiesta 1.6, no iridum ones. Never the less, platinum one's would be more than enough for my use considering I'm running on stock plugs until now. Though the MRP of these plugs came around 920/- for a set back in the days, these were not available offline anymore and the one's listed in Amazon was for around 4K. That's a massive difference considering the original price it's listed for. Ran some searches and find out the plugs cost around 800/- in US. Luckily my relative was visiting US for 2 weeks and I made here pick up these since I had few more relatives settled in US. They helped me get this to India in under 3 weeks.

Removed the Air filter box.
IMG_20190623_183610.jpg

NGK Platinum tipped plugs
IMG_20190623_183855.jpg

Part No : LTR5GP
IMG_20190623_183900.jpg

Fresh!
IMG_20190623_184224.jpg

I felt a huge difference after the plug replacement. The car felt butter smooth and pulls in the high revs became very lively. The car hesitated once past 100 kmph and I assumed it was the OE plugs that was never changed. These plugs made a huge difference, though FE remains the same [shock]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Why not try other brands like Bosch (plugs) and what about OEM plugs(Was it out of stock there ?)- Sorry if I missed some part of your thread .
NGK is the master of spark plugs. These are much better than the OEM and the crap Bosch plugs. Only better options available were the NGK LTR5GP and a couple of Lenso Platnium and Iridium plugs. Contacted NGK India and Lenso superstockist. Not even a single piece of them imported to India since long time since it was Ford specific and not worthy for them. Most of the Fords and Chevy in US got this same plug and was available at almost all supermarkets there. There are other racing plugs like Brisk, but super expensive.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Is bosch that much pathetic ?[shock]
Bosch is just MICO plugs and just OE quality. Their multielectrode ones are famous for overheating. On the other hand, these needle-tipped plugs are maintenance free, fit it forget it kind stuff that never require cleaning or gap adjustment. I got G-Power on Estilo. Before that, MGP plugs, which were also NGK.

MGP ones are NGK only , but for Hyundais , these days they offer bosch too . (They say Bosch - Iridium plugs offer better performance , but mileage will be reduced a bit , and they last longer ). The service centre guy himself didn't recommend that to me (As when I stared him in a cheesy look , he just chuckled , I understood that it is a SA gimmick ) .

deville_56

Honoured Member
MGP ones are NGK only , but for Hyundais , these days they offer bosch too . (They say Bosch - Iridium plugs offer better performance , but mileage will be reduced a bit , and they last longer ). The service centre guy himself didn't recommend that to me (As when I stared him in a cheesy look , he just chuckled , I understood that it is a SA gimmick ) .
MGP ones used to be Champion, slowly transitioned to NGK and in between, there was mix and match of both. Bosch got some fine plugs as well, but are not available here nor famous among enthusiasts.

Thread Starter #209
Suspension Mounts :

During the last Ponmudi hill run I started noticing a strong metal clunk sound while coming downhill. I initially thought something was not tightened to the correct torque spec. It indeed reduced my confidence as I was pushing it hard around corners. I was pretty sure that the sound was not there when I was climbing up hill. The thought of something not properly tightened slowly creeps into my mind. Stopped by to see if any visible changes inside the engine bay to which nothing unusual was found. Later, I found out that, once after braking and hard acceleration is when this sound comes in. Again the thought of something not properly tighten was striking me badly. Then I remember while I was installing the suspension I saw a small crack on the Gearbox mount. I thought that it gave up so fast which made the sound. Finally relived a bit by assuming that I find out what was wrong, I slowly returned back to home. Got an appointment at Harry Ford the next day.

First car in for the day!
IMG_20190517_095853.jpg

Nearby lift so that I can keep an eye on the car, these guys are really friendly and helpful.
IMG_20190517_105823.jpg

After lifting the car, came to the conclusion that it wasn't the gearbox mount, Tension intensifies![shock]
IMG_20190517_110410.jpg

Suspension Mount was the culprit. After checking the car again and again, taking it for many test drives, we concluded that it should be the suspension mount. The service advisor's Prem & Athul Murali was very sure that this must be the only reason. Since I was very much worried and I wanted to fix this issue, asked them to swap both the front suspension mounts with my finger's crossed. The mount comprises of two parts :

Top Mounting
IMG_20190517_115907.jpg

This comes under the Top mounting.
IMG_20190517_115856.jpg

Part numbers for reference. Price as well.
IMG_20190517_115916.jpg
IMG_20190517_115921.jpg

New mounting put back together!
IMG_20190517_120110.jpg

The problem was solved and got the car in for an alignment check since both the front suspensions was removed and fixed back. [drive]
IMG_20190517_153915.jpg

Top Bottom