Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Hi Bharani,

No I am from Hyderabad and sourced one from here itself.. I visited bangalore couple of months back and test driven couple of cars but I didn't like them and later I got to know that transferring the vehicle would be huge pain as, we need to pay road tax, roughly around 60K.. So I opted put for other state vehicles..If that's not a problem you can find one in Pune (maroon color), I almost decided go to pune and get this vehicle before the one in hyderabad (Ford Fiesta petrol 75000 Kms 2010 year) I can provide his no. if wanted.(this one is kept for 2.1 lakh but couple of months back it was at 2.85 lakh)
B/w here's mine.. Planning to change the color

View attachment 263644

Check this one too..Ford Fiesta S 1.6, Well maintained in Ford racing blue in Bangalore
Thanks for the leads Raja.

The car is stunning as it is always

Unfortunately both the cars have been sold. You sourced your car online or through any dealer?. If it was through a dealer can you please share contact?

I'm currently working in Hyderabad

I have

Unfortunately both the cars have been sold. You sourced your car online or through any dealer?. If it was through a dealer can you please share contact?

I bought it from an individual. Will let you know if I come across any.

So, the itch for getting this a bit more perfect car ended up here. Was pretty much happy with the stock setup of the car, as how the suspension handled the corners and all. But pretty fast I started to feel home and the car felt much more handy for me. I initially had thoughts of getting a set of Bilstein's which I left because of the cost factor. Later I zeroed down to one of the only ad's that came until now in Olx that said Bilstein's for Ford Fiesta and Voila!.
I got it touch with the person, went down to check the suspension and it was in great shape. The previous owner had a 1.4 L Fiesta and had these running on them. He sold it around 30k kms. So it's been sitting idle since then. Better late than never, I bought these home and then came the Tarox. Braking was something that I was never happy with. You'll have the bite and feel, but the car won't stop down. I got them from Pete's. Now it's installation time.
Drove down the car to Kochi, Code6 garage in Kochi to get the job done. Have heard pretty descent reviews about them.

Car lifted up for the new parts to go in!
View attachment 259578

Saw Gearbox mount developing a slight crack. Will get it done soon.
View attachment 259579

Stock Suspension and Rotors
View attachment 259580

Disassembling
View attachment 259581

Loading the stock springs on the Bilstein's, toughest part of the job.
View attachment 259582
View attachment 259583

Tarox G88 Slotted rotors going in!
View attachment 259586

Voila ! [cheers]
View attachment 259587

Such a mesmerizing thing to look at.
View attachment 259588

That Nurburgring sticker though! [gun]
View attachment 259589
So, the itch for getting this a bit more perfect car ended up here. Was pretty much happy with the stock setup of the car, as how the suspension handled the corners and all. But pretty fast I started to feel home and the car felt much more handy for me. I initially had thoughts of getting a set of Bilstein's which I left because of the cost factor. Later I zeroed down to one of the only ad's that came until now in Olx that said Bilstein's for Ford Fiesta and Voila!.
I got it touch with the person, went down to check the suspension and it was in great shape. The previous owner had a 1.4 L Fiesta and had these running on them. He sold it around 30k kms. So it's been sitting idle since then. Better late than never, I bought these home and then came the Tarox. Braking was something that I was never happy with. You'll have the bite and feel, but the car won't stop down. I got them from Pete's. Now it's installation time.
Drove down the car to Kochi, Code6 garage in Kochi to get the job done. Have heard pretty descent reviews about them.

Car lifted up for the new parts to go in!
View attachment 259578

Saw Gearbox mount developing a slight crack. Will get it done soon.
View attachment 259579

Stock Suspension and Rotors
View attachment 259580

Disassembling
View attachment 259581

Loading the stock springs on the Bilstein's, toughest part of the job.
View attachment 259582
View attachment 259583

Tarox G88 Slotted rotors going in!
View attachment 259586

Voila ! [cheers]
View attachment 259587

Such a mesmerizing thing to look at.
View attachment 259588

That Nurburgring sticker though! [gun]
View attachment 259589
Hi Vishnu.Just become a fan of aquarius blue 1.6s from your review. Just want to know about the availability for the spare parts of 1.6s. Heard a lot of rumour about the shortage of spare parts.Looking forward to your reply for finalising my deal.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi Vishnu.Just become a fan of aquarius blue 1.6s from your review. Just want to know about the availability for the spare parts of 1.6s. Heard a lot of rumour about the shortage of spare parts.Looking forward to your reply for finalising my deal.
Parts are available right now, never felt shortage. Anything out of stock can be ordered.

Thread Starter #186
Hi, I just got to see this thread and it just fueled my search for 1.6 S. I'm currently looking for a 1.6S. Any leads would be helpful and appreciated

Vishnu....You've got a car drool worthy bro and you've taken it up a notch high. Excited to see your further experience with the car.
Hi Bharanidhar, thank you! Are you still searching for a 1.6S ?

I just ran a search in OLX filtered to India and came across 2 ads. Posting it below.

Olx Ad

Olx Ad 2

Hi Vishu,
My self Rajasekhar, after a long search I finally owned a Black fiesta 1.6s with 73 k on odo, I would like to know few thing from you.. firstly, which brand engine oil is good for the vehicle and at what rating?
Also please let me know cost of Tarox G88 rotors you installed.
I'm using Shell Helix 5W40. Almost all of my fellow 1.6S owner's use it and I've found an incredible difference in how the car revs. It is butter smooth now.
Tarox G88 costed me 38K. :err:

Hi Bharani,

No I am from Hyderabad and sourced one from here itself.. I visited bangalore couple of months back and test driven couple of cars but I didn't like them and later I got to know that transferring the vehicle would be huge pain as, we need to pay road tax, roughly around 60K.. So I opted put for other state vehicles..If that's not a problem you can find one in Pune (maroon color), I almost decided go to pune and get this vehicle before the one in hyderabad (Ford Fiesta petrol 75000 Kms 2010 year) I can provide his no. if wanted.(this one is kept for 2.1 lakh but couple of months back it was at 2.85 lakh)
B/w here's mine.. Planning to change the color

View attachment 263644

Check this one too..Ford Fiesta S 1.6, Well maintained in Ford racing blue in Bangalore
Black is one of the most under rated color for a 1.6S. Recently a friend of mine acquired a black 1.6s at Coimbatore. It has some body works, but he's getting it fixed and a full body painting is on the cards. Will look stunning.Don't change the color.:wink:

As @deville_56 said there is no scarcity of parts for the Fiesta as of now. Everything is either readily available or have to get it ordered and will reach within 10-15 days.

I came to this thread after long time and read your thread in one go. It's refreshing to see you are sparing no efforts in keeping it in mint condition.
Lot's and lots of updates pending to be updated here. Will get it done soon as I'm jobless now!:stupid:

Thread Starter #187
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've updated anything here. Ton's of updates are pending to be documented here. Will get it done in this Quarantine Days. Got the Ceramic Pro'd from the best guys in Kerala.Ceramic Pro Kollam- InDetail. The owner of this firm is an old friend of mine and is still maintaining my Amaze from the initial days. Amaze was protected 2 years back with a custom layer coating. This time we thought to go for a 3 Layer Package from them. Costed me somewhere around 35K. The whole process took around a week since I opted the coatings to be cured naturally rather than using an IR blasters. I felt this was a much more better way to cure the coating evenly and naturally. As I know him personally, I didn't rush and took the car a week later after they completed the whole process. More than enough healing time.:stupid:
Attaching pictures along and as a cherry on top attaching a video link from the Ceramic Pro Kollam Team.[cheers]

PS : I'm not anyway part of the Ceramic Pro Kollam Team, they did an exceptionally good job, so thought of appreciating them.

Pro's :
  • Much better than a Wax coating.
  • Doesn't fade away as it ages.
  • Extremely easy to maintain.
  • Bird droppings won't leave a stain.
  • Tar won't stick that easily.
Con's :
  • Whopping 35K INR for this package.
  • Time taken for the procedure.
Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ceramic Pro

DSC07106.jpg

DSC07109.jpg

DSC07111.jpg

DSC07118.jpg

DSC07127xx.jpg

Thread Starter #190
Your car looks like it's straight out from the showroom. It’s one of the most well-maintained 1.6S I’ve seen of late. Those alloys complement the car as well. Looking forward to more updates. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you 350Z for your appreciation. More updates in the pipeline [:D]

@vishnu vichu Bro , Any reason you didn't try Florence Car care TVM ?
Simply because they was flagged by Ceramic Pro India for adulterating products. They are not a Ceramic Pro dealer anymore. I've seen a post regarding this is Ceramic Pro India FB page.

Broo is there any 1.6 sports available in your contacts ?? I am from Kerala if anything is available pls do contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #193
K&N Stock Replacement Filters

Was running with the stock setup for a long time and the itch for more power has been begun. Finally as a kick off, tried sourcing a stock replacement K&N filter for the Fiesta. Costed me around 7K. These life time filters are made of cotton material in comparison with the way cheaper paper filters that comes as OEM. These filters are supposedly having more air seepage comparing the stock ones. The fitting process is the most painful task.

Unbolt these two bolts on top.
IMG_20190209_000423.jpg
IMG_20190209_000428.jpg

Remove the piping lock. Just twist and voila!
IMG_20190209_000440.jpg

Remove the metal clamp
IMG_20190209_000642.jpg

There will be two rubber lock, just pull it out and the whole air filter box will come out. You will be welcomed with 10 long bolts that needs to be unscrewed just for replacing the filter.[frustration]
This is one of the major reason why even service people are lazy enough to change the air filter. In my Honda, unlock 2 clips and that's it. I really wonder why would anyone come up with the idea of putting 10 long bolts on the air filter box that too should be changed or cleaned in my case at every 10K kms max.

IMG_20190209_000931.jpg

Without the AF box
IMG_20190209_000954.jpg

Stock air filter, pretty clean.
IMG_20190209_001230.jpg

K&N Filters, come pre-oiled.
IMG_20190209_001509.jpg
IMG_20190209_001539.jpg

Was too lazy to clean it anything more than this, was running late as well.
IMG_20190209_001605.jpg

Voila! Fit's in perfectly.
IMG_20190209_001702.jpg

Filling her up for a detailed TD, just some random reason to hit the hills! [evil]
IMG_20190209_013905.jpg

Three's a company!
IMG_20190209_071527.jpg
IMG_20190209_073018.jpg

Last edited:
Olx is your best bet. There was few cars for sale in olx months back. I don't know any cars in my circle. [:)]
Alright bro yeahhh I Am looking but I didn’t find anything good since last month I am looking but didn’t get yet ...if you find something or if some deal come across yiu pls lemme know bro thanku so much ...

Top Bottom