Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Recently started giving injector issues , but harry Ford team
Does the car go into limp mode with a warning lamp?
I have taken my friends 1.2lac kms ran Fiesta which goes into limp mode once a while.

Vishnu helped with his refence at harry ford and got the car scanned and issue was with the FPR and gave an estimate of 20k
Walked out without getting it done and till now the car had never show up the issue again and its been nearly 2 years

Does the car go into limp mode with a warning lamp?
I have taken my friends 1.2lac kms ran Fiesta which goes into limp mode once a while.

Vishnu helped with his refence at harry ford and got the car scanned and issue was with the FPR and gave an estimate of 20k
Walked out without getting it done and till now the car had never show up the issue again and its been nearly 2 years ��
Not exactly,

Say you are going in 3rd gear at a speed of 40kmph , you suddenly want to floor the throttle for an overtake , when one applies the throttle , neither the RPM rises , nor the torque increases.

Case2- You are about to upshift , from 2nd to 3rd , when shifting is complete , and again you are using the throttle like normal , the car doesn't feel powered momentarily.

Case3- Inclines , full load ,vehicle doesn't move ,neither stall, it crawls and creeps like a fully loaded truck (Those who have used 1.4Duratorq , know never it creeps in 1st gear)

Being from Mech engg background , friend himself was suspecting 2 issues - Either Turbo / Injector - And extreme case Fuel Pump ( Both high pressure and normal)

Diagnosed as Injector -
Reasons- In no other gear except 1st and 3rd and 5th , issue isn't cropping.
2 Scans-
At pollution control monitoring centre- The PPM level was seen abnormal ( Fluctuating)- As they can't diagnose the pressure and parameter values , no clear idea
OBD scan- Injector misfiring - Injector number 2

Solution-
1.Replace injector 2 - Drawback being , injector 1,3,4 will misfire , due to pressure variation from newly installed injector (One being new , and other 3 old , simple logic)
2.Injector overhauling ( From outside workshops/Diesel engine refurbishing centres/Bosch centres)- Recommended by my contacts at Hilton Hyundai
Issues - Fiesta 2009-2010 batch has SIEMENS injector , which won't be taken by Bosch
How much ever technically qualified engineers work on injector repressurising and calliberation , the injector 1,3,4 will start trouble soon (Loading issue)

3.Replace injectors -
Issue - Vit M - One injector costs 15-20k .

Simple common man question - Can't you sell of this car

Answer-No way , Its our soul , Ford's DNA engraved

Is it Mr.Jinu whom you contacted in Harry ?

I know Mr Jinu and also i think his name is Mr.Manu (Who's floor incharge , and vehicle testing)

Thread Starter #145
Eagerly waiting to see this with some fresh "....." !
Evnen I'm waiting :)

Not exactly,

Say you are going in 3rd gear at a speed of 40kmph , you suddenly want to floor the throttle for an overtake , when one applies the throttle , neither the RPM rises , nor the torque increases.

Case2- You are about to upshift , from 2nd to 3rd , when shifting is complete , and again you are using the throttle like normal , the car doesn't feel powered momentarily.

Case3- Inclines , full load ,vehicle doesn't move ,neither stall, it crawls and creeps like a fully loaded truck (Those who have used 1.4Duratorq , know never it creeps in 1st gear)

Being from Mech engg background , friend himself was suspecting 2 issues - Either Turbo / Injector - And extreme case Fuel Pump ( Both high pressure and normal)

Diagnosed as Injector -
Reasons- In no other gear except 1st and 3rd and 5th , issue isn't cropping.
2 Scans-
At pollution control monitoring centre- The PPM level was seen abnormal ( Fluctuating)- As they can't diagnose the pressure and parameter values , no clear idea
OBD scan- Injector misfiring - Injector number 2

Solution-
1.Replace injector 2 - Drawback being , injector 1,3,4 will misfire , due to pressure variation from newly installed injector (One being new , and other 3 old , simple logic)
2.Injector overhauling ( From outside workshops/Diesel engine refurbishing centres/Bosch centres)- Recommended by my contacts at Hilton Hyundai
Issues - Fiesta 2009-2010 batch has SIEMENS injector , which won't be taken by Bosch
How much ever technically qualified engineers work on injector repressurising and calliberation , the injector 1,3,4 will start trouble soon (Loading issue)

3.Replace injectors -
Issue - Vit M - One injector costs 15-20k .

Simple common man question - Can't you sell of this car

Answer-No way , Its our soul , Ford's DNA engraved

Is it Mr.Jinu whom you contacted in Harry ?

I know Mr Jinu and also i think his name is Mr.Manu (Who's floor incharge , and vehicle testing)
So how did you go around this issue ? Does this issue still pops up ?

Car is clean though it's MH regd and it will be soon KL.

I already have 2011 fiesta 1.6 but this car is so tempting. [frustration]
Trade your 1.6 and get another 1.6s if you are in dying for an S [:D]

Car is clean though it's MH regd and it will be soon KL.

Trade your 1.6 and get another 1.6s if you are in dying for an S [:D]
Haha

I did reach out to the owner. Its already KL registered. He is repainting the car though. He sent me pics. The guys is the owner of Colorglo paint shop in Kochi. Seems quite genuine.

As for me, i think ill rather add the S body kit to my car [;). Mines run only 35k km as of now and is 3 years newer.

Hey Mohan, nice to see you here!

Hope you've found your beauty by now. [:)]

Hi Vishnu, pardon me for the late reply. I couldn't find a single 1.6S in bangalore and there are many 1.6SXI but 99% of the cars listed in the portals are not genuine[frustration]

Finally ended up buying 2005 model Octavia Rider 1.8TPI. Car was genuinely driven 77k on ODO and it was previously owned by an CEO . Though I got to know the car through olx from a dealer. Will share my experience in a new thread [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #149
I'm back again !!

Happy New Year to all TAIgers [:D]

My sincere apologies for not sparing enough time to maintain this thread. Anyway I'll try to be more regular here. Back to the topic. The old paint and it's imperfections were pestering me since the day I bought the car and a repaint was always in the cards. Although with my irregular work schedule and other commitments it was pushed this much. The Fiesta was stripped and completely painted about a month back from a paint shop in Kollam. Few common friends suggested this guy to me and I tried my luck with him. It was really hard considering that I've to travel around 75 kms to reach this place. Anyway the output was well worth it. The middle aged guy did his best. The car now feels better than my ceramic pro'd Amaze :D

I'll post in the bits and bolts around the car which was bugging me so long..

Both the front kits were badly damaged beyond repair, all the inside locks were damaged so was the paint.
IMG_8996.JPG

Jugad job done right [frustration]
IMG_8998.JPG

This panel was having a misalignment as you can see from this pic.
IMG_9002.JPG

The right kit had the most damage, I had once scrapped it pretty bad as well.
IMG_9003.JPG

Left rear door.
IMG_9005.JPG

Left rear bumber
IMG_9006.JPG
IMG_9007.JPG
IMG_9008.JPG

Rear Spoiler. this is just tip of the iceberg.
IMG_9009.JPG

Noticed this at the time of buying the car, The previous owner has some naughty cousins it seems.
IMG_9011.JPG

A bike must have rear ended here, and fix up job was pathetic which resulted in a misaligned boot. This was such an eye sore in all of my pictures.
IMG_9012.JPG
IMG_9014.JPG

Skirts all around was in similar condition.
IMG_9015.JPG
IMG_9016.JPG

I don't know why this side has a hole drilled in. Apparently for the slap on aftermarket indicators.
IMG_9018.JPG

Last but not the least, Beige seat covers and beige interiors was such an awful thing to look at. I don't know how I had these for the past 2 years!
IMG_9022.JPG

deville_56

Honoured Member
I'm back again !!

Happy New Year to all TAIgers [:D]

My sincere apologies for not sparing enough time to maintain this thread. Anyway I'll try to be more regular here. Back to the topic. The old paint and it's imperfections were pestering me since the day I bought the car and a repaint was always in the cards. Although with my irregular work schedule and other commitments it was pushed this much. The Fiesta was stripped and completely painted about a month back from a paint shop in Kollam. Few common friends suggested this guy to me and I tried my luck with him. It was really hard considering that I've to travel around 75 kms to reach this place. Anyway the output was well worth it. The middle aged guy did his best. The car now feels better than my ceramic pro'd Amaze :D

I'll post in the bits and bolts around the car which was bugging me so long..

Both the front kits were badly damaged beyond repair, all the inside locks were damaged so was the paint.
View attachment 253271

Jugad job done right [frustration]
View attachment 253272

This panel was having a misalignment as you can see from this pic.
View attachment 253273
The right kit had the most damage, I had once scrapped it pretty bad as well.
View attachment 253274

Left rear door.
View attachment 253275

Left rear bumber
View attachment 253276 View attachment 253277 View attachment 253278

Rear Spoiler. this is just tip of the iceberg.
View attachment 253279

Noticed this at the time of buying the car, The previous owner has some naughty cousins it seems.
View attachment 253280

A bike must have rear ended here, and fix up job was pathetic which resulted in a misaligned boot. This was such an eye sore in all of my pictures.
View attachment 253281 View attachment 253282

Skirts all around was in similar condition.
View attachment 253283 View attachment 253284

I don't know why this side has a hole drilled in. Apparently for the slap on aftermarket indicators.
View attachment 253285

Last but not the least, Beige seat covers and beige interiors was such an awful thing to look at. I don't know how I had these for the past 2 years!
View attachment 253286
Forgot dent in the roof
[lol]

Top Bottom