Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
Great news and that increases my hope of finding one. I just came across a 80000 kms done 2009 Aquarius blue 1.6S in Pune and I hope to talk to finalise. But I'm worried if I can get a good deal for my Vento. I would love to flaunt a 1.6S and 2015 Fiesta in my garage as they would be the best machines ever available in India. The punch of the 1.6 motor of Fiesta and the midrange along with zero turbo lag of the modern Fiesta is a great combination. That's may be hunting in pairs!
There was a Morello shade 1.3L kms done 1.6S here in Trivandrum. It too was sold off on a great price. I personally was hunting for an Aquarius blue so didn't took that deal. When i was checking, there was many 1.6s whose odo's where ranging around 1-1.5L kms. Even there is one 1.5L kms done 1.6S for sale now.[surprise]

Thread Starter #48
I have found an Aquarius blue, done 87000 kms Oct 09. He is asking for 2.3 lakhs. What say? I may pick that up if all is well within a week.
Any links to the ad ? How is the body condition ? Is it single owner ? Does it have service history ? What is the condition of mechanical right now ?

The car is in Pune. The car is listed on team-bhp classifieds. I'm planning to visit Pune on Saturday and see for myself. I'll get to know the condition after a good rest drive. The car seem okay on the outset. Part service history is available. The alloys were replaced after a theft of one of the alloy. What's your suggestion on the price for 2009 model?

Last edited:
First off, that is one beautiful car you have there. I was quite literally awestruck after I stumbled across the pictures on google images which led me to this forum. Very happy for you.

On to a question tho, what would be a decent price for a 2011 fiesta s that has run 51k and been serviced only in the authorized service center? I will be looking at one tomorrow and perhaps closing the deal. The asking price is 200000 but given that an sxi is trading hands for far less than that I assume I can get that down right? I mean they did seem ok with me haggling about it on the phone itself.

Thread Starter #51
The car is in Pune. The car is listed on team-bhp classifieds. I'm planning to visit Pune on Saturday and see for myself. I'll get to know the condition after a good rest drive. The car seem okay on the outset. Part service history is available. The alloys were replaced after a theft of one of the alloy. What's your suggestion on the price for 2009 model?
Oh yes, I remember seeing the ad location as Navi Mumbai and the owner ready to meet down at Pune [:D]

From the ad, I believe he's an enthusiast and he should've taken proper care of the car. And for the Service history, personally visiting the service centre would help in getting a clear cut idea about the history. I've done the similar thing while taking mine.

..and about the OE alloys, So all other alloys are available with him? If yes, well and good, The OE alloys are pretty good looking considering it's from the manufacturer..and about the price, Kerala prices should be way higher than Pune prices. Still anywhere around 2-2.5L would be a fair deal !!

First off, that is one beautiful car you have there. I was quite literally awestruck after I stumbled across the pictures on google images which led me to this forum. Very happy for you.
Thank you so much[cheers]

On to a question tho, what would be a decent price for a 2011 fiesta s that has run 51k and been serviced only in the authorized service center? I will be looking at one tomorrow and perhaps closing the deal. The asking price is 200000 but given that an sxi is trading hands for far less than that I assume I can get that down right? I mean they did seem ok with me haggling about it on the phone itself.
The 2L price itself is a great tag considering its year and km's done. Anyway try negotiating a little bit. If you feel the car is worth it, then don't hesitate to close the deal. I paid a much higher price for mine and I'm sure I'll never regret that decision [:D]

Oh yes, I remember seeing the ad location as Navi Mumbai and the owner ready to meet down at Pune [:D]

From the ad, I believe he's an enthusiast and he should've taken proper care of the car. And for the Service history, personally visiting the service centre would help in getting a clear cut idea about the history. I've done the similar thing while taking mine.

..and about the OE alloys, So all other alloys are available with him? If yes, well and good, The OE alloys are pretty good looking considering it's from the manufacturer..and about the price, Kerala prices should be way higher than Pune prices. Still anywhere around 2-2.5L would be a fair deal !!

I've had multiple conversations with him. Meanwhile, I checked with RTO on any pending challans or cases registered and the car seem to be clean on that aspect. [clap]
He sold off those 3 alloys and bought some stupid looking Neo alloys. That's a dampener really.[evil] I can't explain how much the original alloy add to the looks of the car. Great Looking!
I've checked with my local Ford Service Center to find availability of those alloys and I hope to land one soon. Or else, I'm thinking of picking up a used set of alloys from Ecosport. But, not many are available it seems, most owners are happy with the alloys. Another alternative is to buy New alloys from Ford of 2015 Fiesta (Global) at Rs.8000 each.

As regard to the maintenance aspect, he has done most of the service from local FNG especially the most recent ones. So, I've to rely on the extensive test drive I'm about to do this Saturday. If all goes well, I'll pick the car this Saturday and bring to Erode by Sunday. Anxious and Fingers Crossed! The seller is in the mood to sell to me after multiple friendly conversations and most of our interests seem to match.

He has used the replaced Apollo Alnac 4G tyres on the car for just 4000 kms. I'm not a big fan of Apollo, I have to see how they hold. I would have preferred Continental MC5 on this for lateral grip and handling.

I'll update you this Sunday and hope to click some pictures of our test drive, possession and return journey.

The 2L price itself is a great tag considering its year and km's done. Anyway try negotiating a little bit. If you feel the car is worth it, then don't hesitate to close the deal. I paid a much higher price for mine and I'm sure I'll never regret that decision [:D]
The car was 2008 actually and it seemed to be a mistype by the guy who puts up all the advertisements on olx. However I did close the deal anyway at 1.55L. Interiors are immaculate and there are soft touch materials in some places. In general the car feels night and day compared to the sxi's I tried from 06 & 07.

Although I could get a similar sxi at 1.2, it just wouldn't be the same thing as finding the exact car I've craved for almost a year now. Proud to have the fiesta 1.6S as my first car after cancelling on an ameo tdi, figo tdci & brio.

Patience does really pay off it seems. Thanks for all your help btw. I would usually be posting all this on Team BHP but it seems I've been banned for two months (few days ago) due to the typos in my post from the night I was ill & medicated. Moral of the story for me I suppose is stay away from any sort of forums when medicated. [embarass][lol]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55
F4frewin said:
I've had multiple conversations with him. Meanwhile, I checked with RTO on any pending challans or cases registered and the car seem to be clean on that aspect.
He sold off those 3 alloys and bought some stupid looking Neo alloys. That's a dampener really. I can't explain how much the original alloy add to the looks of the car. Great Looking!
I've checked with my local Ford Service Center to find availability of those alloys and I hope to land one soon. Or else, I'm thinking of picking up a used set of alloys from Ecosport. But, not many are available it seems, most owners are happy with the alloys. Another alternative is to buy New alloys from Ford of 2015 Fiesta (Global) at Rs.8000 each.

As regard to the maintenance aspect, he has done most of the service from local FNG especially the most recent ones. So, I've to rely on the extensive test drive I'm about to do this Saturday. If all goes well, I'll pick the car this Saturday and bring to Erode by Sunday. Anxious and Fingers Crossed! The seller is in the mood to sell to me after multiple friendly conversations and most of our interests seem to match.

He has used the replaced Apollo Alnac 4G tyres on the car for just 4000 kms. I'm not a big fan of Apollo, I have to see how they hold. I would have preferred Continental MC5 on this for lateral grip and handling.

I'll update you this Sunday and hope to click some pictures of our test drive, possession and return journey.
That's so much of info in a single post man. Seems like you're well motivated towards it. [cheers]
Do check the under body of the car for any leaks or issues. Check the condition of tie rods , brake rotors and brake pads. Check for any belt noises, with or without AC and the cooling and heating system too.

Well, From my limited knowledge I believe the S alloys are not in production and hence can't be sourced. But do keep us posted if you can source a set !!

Wish you all the best and do treat us with a set of eye candy pics[;)]

The car was 2008 actually and it seemed to be a mistype by the guy who puts up all the advertisements on olx. However I did close the deal anyway at 1.55L. Interiors are immaculate and there are soft touch materials in some places. In general the car feels night and day compared to the sxi's I tried from 06 & 07.
Is it a Paprika Red Car ?

Although I could get a similar sxi at 1.2, it just wouldn't be the same thing as finding the exact car I've craved for almost a year now. Proud to have the fiesta 1.6S as my first car after cancelling on an ameo tdi, figo tdci & brio.

Patience does really pay off it seems. Thanks for all your help btw. I would usually be posting all this on Team BHP but it seems I've been banned for two months (few days ago) due to the typos in my post from the night I was ill & medicated. Moral of the story for me I suppose is stay away from any sort of forums when medicated.
So you bought it [shock]
That's like lightning fast deal man. Do post an ownership thread here as well !! :)

Patience does really pay off it seems. Thanks for all your help btw.
That's a great buy. It's a great feeling to know you are behind the wheels of the exact car you want. How's is to drive? How's the clutch and engine? Do update on the feedback on the impressions of the early runs.

Cheers!

That's a great buy. It's a great feeling to know you are behind the wheels of the exact car you want. How's is to drive? How's the clutch and engine? Do update on the feedback on the impressions of the early runs.

Cheers!
That's so much of info in a single post man. Seems like you're well motivated towards it.
Do check the under body of the car for any leaks or issues. Check the condition of tie rods , brake rotors and brake pads. Check for any belt noises, with or without AC and the cooling and heating system too.

Well, From my limited knowledge I believe the S alloys are not in production and hence can't be sourced. But do keep us posted if you can source a set !!

Wish you all the best and do treat us with a set of eye candy pics
Yeah. I've been not able to sleep properly ever since I booked my tickets to Pune. I'll check the car thoroughly. I'll be greatly disappointed if the car did not meet my expectations after a long journey. It reminds me of the journey you took when you started look out for this car. I hope I get lucky.

S Alloys are difficult to find. I did manage to find alloys from a Tyre dealer in North who had alloys from 2015 Fiesta and 2011 Fiesta. He has quoted 10K for 2011 and 14K for 2015 (in good condition). I might have to fit one of these Ford OE alloys.

I sure will update pics.

Attachments

Buddy, Bring on the party and the pics!
Congrats on finalizing the deal. These were true blue driver's cars.
I will do you one better and post a video instead of it "moving". [:)]

https://youtu.be/qHePTRbNZEo

Is it a Paprika Red Car? So you bought it [shock]
That's like lightning fast deal man. Do post an ownership thread here as well !!
Better make the move quick when such once in a lifetime opportunities presents itself. Quite the rare sight they are in delhi. Hadn't even seen a single one before this on road or on sale actually for 11 months straight. And I definitely will post one.

Cheers!
It's a really playful car. That's all I could come up with after the drive and went "just take my money" in front of the HOD. I've been disappointed left and right with cars past few months so when your hero exceeds your expectations all you are left with is wow did that really just happen? Let's fill up 200rs worth of petrol and go on a drive again. (<What I ended up doing) [lol]

Oh yeah and I only paid for it for now. Still have to wait till the cheque clears in 2-3 days and I can take it from them then.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #59
Yeah. I've been not able to sleep properly ever since I booked my tickets to Pune. I'll check the car thoroughly. I'll be greatly disappointed if the car did not meet my expectations after a long journey. It reminds me of the journey you took when you started look out for this car. I hope I get lucky.
Keep the Spirits high man !! Everything happens for a reason[:)]

S Alloys are difficult to find. I did manage to find alloys from a Tyre dealer in North who had alloys from 2015 Fiesta and 2011 Fiesta. He has quoted 10K for 2011 and 14K for 2015 (in good condition). I might have to fit one of these Ford OE alloys.

I sure will update pics.
2015 Fiesta's alloys are my next most lovable design. It does look so good. I would suggest you to go with this, if you didn't find a pair of OE alloys.

Better make the move quick when such once in a lifetime opportunities presents itself. Quite the rare sight they are in delhi. Hadn't even seen a single one before this on road or on sale actually for 11 months straight. And I definitely will post one.
This is exact same car I saw on olx. Anyway great buy man. I can see you smiling like " The Thug Life " [lol]

This is exact same car I saw on olx. Anyway great buy man. I can see you smiling like " The Thug Life " [lol]
Are you sure? Was it a Greater Kailash registered car? Because this literally just came on at 3 pm when I saw it at 4 & proceeded to call the Harpreet Ford dealership.

And yes my face does look like Heath Ledger in the dark knight right now haha.

Top Bottom