Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Hello Guys, I'm new to this forum and have a great liking to this very particular thread. Having got a 1.6S now, I'm having this issue of spongy brakes and I did read through and found out that ABS unit or the Brake Modulator (Booster) might be the culprit there. Just wanted to know some insights on that. Costs, parts availability, etc.

Thread Starter #109
Hello Guys, I'm new to this forum and have a great liking to this very particular thread. Having got a 1.6S now, I'm having this issue of spongy brakes and I did read through and found out that ABS unit or the Brake Modulator (Booster) might be the culprit there. Just wanted to know some insights on that. Costs, parts availability, etc.
If it's the ABS module, then it's gonna cost a bomb. Mohan already posted that when he inquired they said it's gonna cost around 54k and hence he replaced it with a used one. Don't know why it's so costly. Did you try getting it checked on a svc ?

In mean time can you please post some picture of your car [:D]

If it's the ABS module, then it's gonna cost a bomb. Mohan already posted that when he inquired they said it's gonna cost around 54k and hence he replaced it with a used one. Don't know why it's so costly. Did you try getting it checked on a svc ?

In mean time can you please post some picture of your car [:D]
Hello Vichu, the car is with my brother and would come to me this Thursday post which I shall update pics.

Going to the topic again, if there is an ABS module failure, wouldn't that show up in the console? Or Am I missing something here?

I still need to check if the pads are ok and rotors needs skimming. As the rotor's are pretty cheap now, I think I'll go with the replacement route rather than skimming.

Again, on the bitter side If at all the ABS has issue, then I might need help in sourcing a used one. Fingers crossed..[:)]

Thread Starter #111
Hello Vichu, the car is with my brother and would come to me this Thursday post which I shall update pics.
Cool [:)]

Going to the topic again, if there is an ABS module failure, wouldn't that show up in the console? Or Am I missing something here?
Indeed yes. It should show a warning light. I thought you came to the conclusion that it's kaput by the warning light.
The ABS warning light should come for either any of the ABS wheel sensor is gone or else the whole ABS module is kaput. Get it checked from your nearest SVC. It may be a wheel sensor and if that's the case it cost around 3k.

I still need to check if the pads are ok and rotors needs skimming. As the rotor's are pretty cheap now, I think I'll go with the replacement route rather than skimming.

Again, on the bitter side If at all the ABS has issue, then I might need help in sourcing a used one. Fingers crossed.
Luckily all parts except a few can easily be sourced. [:)]

Cool [:)]

Indeed yes. It should show a warning light. I thought you came to the conclusion that it's kaput by the warning light.
The ABS warning light should come for either any of the ABS wheel sensor is gone or else the whole ABS module is kaput. Get it checked from your nearest SVC. It may be a wheel sensor and if that's the case it cost around 3k.

Luckily all parts except a few can easily be sourced. [:)]
No lights of ABS warning indication lights up after the first reset Vichu, which I believe everything is ok. I should check the pads & rotors. Anyways, I'm hijacking a thread here. Will start my own and have the same discussed.[:)]

Spongy pedal could be an issue with master cylinder. You will be able to check the booster by pumping the pedal and if it gets loaded its fine. Mine had a problem with ABS module not sending oil properly to one wheel and had to be changed. The rotors and pads are cheap so its better to change them anyway.

Thread Starter #114
Did a quick Hill run to Ponmudi

Though this is my second trip with the S, This was an epic experience. Those small bits and bolts which annoyed me on the last Ponmudi trip was taken care of. The Stabilizer bushes was changed, the tie-rod ends etc..which made the front end a lot more precise than before..and poured in new engine oil as well. Car felt silent and much smoother right away. Oh God, the car was so damn responsive up the hill. I was so amazed by the power band it had.It is very responsive down the rev range and keeps pulling all the way till redline. This was my first ever redline experience on my Fiesta,why because I was so much spoiled by running around in my lazy diesel engine[lol]

The car felt extremely grippy and we were literally enjoying each and every corners we got [drive]
Now, Let the picture's do the talking.

Right before the corner's
LRM_EXPORT_20170802_172802.jpg

"Where's my raceline !!?"
LRM_EXPORT_20170802_171355.jpg

Beautiful roads and beautiful climate
LRM_EXPORT_20170729_160242.jpg

Pss..wanna race
LRM_EXPORT_20170802_165945.jpg

Me leading the pack
LRM_EXPORT_20170729_161007.jpg

Almost 15 year's old and still keeping up like " I got your back bro"
LRM_EXPORT_20170729_145408.jpg

1.6sception
LRM_EXPORT_20170729_145056.jpg

Gems anyone ?
LRM_EXPORT_20170729_120801.jpg

Sharing a small timelapse video aswell. This is my first try and it has it's fair share of mistakes. Please bear with me [lol]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSCE2oRkJV4

Last edited:
vishnu vichu, Nice thread and a great machine to own. Have been a Fan of this from the day it was launched. Lucky enough to own the Diesel one and now the Global. I can feel the Spirit you have for this absolute Gem. Great miles ahead man. Kudos. Hope to meet you and your machine and to hold its wheel once.

Spongy pedal could be an issue with master cylinder. You will be able to check the booster by pumping the pedal and if it gets loaded its fine. Mine had a problem with ABS module not sending oil properly to one wheel and had to be changed. The rotors and pads are cheap so its better to change them anyway.
Thanks Man, will have that issue checked on priority.[:)]

Thread Starter #118
vishnu vichu, Nice thread and a great machine to own. Have been a Fan of this from the day it was launched. Lucky enough to own the Diesel one and now the Global. I can feel the Spirit you have for this absolute Gem. Great miles ahead man. Kudos. Hope to meet you and your machine and to hold its wheel once.
Thankyou[:)]

You are driving these cars the way they are meant to be! Keep it up.
And Excellent photography buddy. The B-Y-B scheme really stands out.
Thank you ! It's really fun to drive it around corners, so I better will stick to that since I have amaze for the daily errands [:D]

Top Bottom