Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Quanto vs Maruti Ertiga

Your Choice?

• Total voters
Re: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Mini Xylo vs Maruti Ertiga

I think Ford will price Ecosport at par with Duster,i.e., between 7 to 11 lakhs.

But the real question is will Quanto poach some of Duster's consumer base or will Duster remain unphased??!!

Re: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Mini Xylo vs Maruti Ertiga

Top end ford ecosport will be priced around 10-11L as per some reports.[frustration] I would rather prefer mid model of Storme then.
Are you quoting 11 lakhs for the top end EcoSport ? Is that the On road price or the Ex showroom price that you are referring to ?
I am skeptical of how much customers would be attracted for an SUV like Ecosport for such a price(11lakhs). EcoSports top end may be feature rich. But the bare fact is that a person with such a budget has a lot of choices ranging from fully loaded sedans to rugged SUVs with ABS.[:)]
I think Ford will price Ecosport at par with Duster,i.e., between 7 to 11 lakhs.
But the real question is will Quanto poach some of Duster's consumer base or will Duster remain unphased??!!
There were reports that Ecosport would undercut Duster in pricing. I would say what ever the feature lists Ecosport might be coming with, anything over and above 10 lakhs(on road) is not going to succeed.
I don't think that Dusters sales would be affected much by the Quanto. Duster is built for the price and the crowd understood the VFM they would get on purchasing the same and the waiting periods shows Renault has done the job well including the tactical pricing by introducing two diesel powertrains; the 85PS and 110PS versions.

Last edited:
Are you quoting 11 lakhs for the top end EcoSport ? Is that the On road price or the Ex showroom price that you are referring to ?
I am skeptical of how much customers would be attracted for an SUV like Ecosport for such a price(11lakhs). EcoSports top end may be feature rich. But the bare fact is that a person with such a budget has a lot of choices ranging from fully loaded sedans to rugged SUVs with ABS.
+1. For 11L, it will be rip-off. This is the approx price for 1.5L diesel top end ecosport. The on road price will be around 11-11.5.

ecosport will easily beat duster and mahindra xylo. ertiga is a diff category and will have its own segment
Only if they price it in Quanto range, I doubt people will take it at higher price..we all know what happened to new Fiesta.

Thread Starter #80
Can any 1 give me one reason why will one choose quanto over a ecosport ? Just because its cheap then I understand . And there is a reason why it is and will be cheap compared to ecosport and duster because forget us even mahindra knows they can't match the dynamics and overall something called refinement .
Mahindra Scorpio sells not because its a mindblowing SUV it sells because safari has niggling issues.

Similarly quanto might sell in great numbers but not because its a mindblowing cuv , it can because duster and ecosport will allways be expensive then the quanto .

Can any 1 give me one reason why will one choose quanto over a ecosport ? Just because its cheap then I understand . And there is a reason why it is and will be cheap compared to ecosport and duster because forget us even mahindra knows they can't match the dynamics and overall something called refinement .
Mahindra Scorpio sells not because its a mindblowing SUV it sells because safari has niggling issues.

Similarly quanto might sell in great numbers but not because its a mindblowing cuv , it can because duster and ecosport will allways be expensive then the quanto .
+1. Other reason Quanto may sell is due to large network of M & M in rural areas, both amiss for Ford & Renault.
Duster & moreso ecosport shall remain urban cuv. I doubt how many gram pradhans will prefer ecosport. [lol]

+1. For 11L, it will be rip-off. This is the approx price for 1.5L diesel top end ecosport. The on road price will be around 11-11.5.

Only if they price it in Quanto range, I doubt people will take it at higher price..we all know what happened to new Fiesta.
If Ford is planning to price EcoSport in the way mentioned in the quotes, I would say it would be the next World Class Product that would fail in India because of wrong pricing and wrong feature lists.
I am sure that Ecosport with such a premium price tag won't find too many takers.

Quanto should have had a much better design. It would have been a success if it had a better design.
@Raja: what do you think of the price of ecosport ? Do you feel that a 11lakhs on road price would attract many to the Fords little SUV ?[:)]

Thread Starter #83
If Ford is planning to price EcoSport in the way mentioned in the quotes, I would say it would be the next World Class Product that would fail in India because of wrong pricing and wrong feature lists.
I am sure that Ecosport with such a premium price tag won't find too many takers.

Quanto should have had a much better design. It would have been a success if it had a better design.
@Raja: what do you think of the price of ecosport ? Do you feel that a 11lakhs on road price would attract many to the Fords little SUV ?[:)]
Don't know but my gut feeling tells me that it will be priced slight under 10 lakhs for top of the line diesel model .

Add maybe 50,000 to 1 lakh over a top of the line i20 ( diesel) that must be the price of ecosport I think .

Ex showroom for storme full option will be around 12 L as per the dealers. Base model will be starting from 9 lakhs. Right now it will compete with xuv 500. Eco sport will be priced below storme for sure.

Today on request of my wife, we visited M&M, Renault and MS for Quanto, Duster and Ertiga respectively.I guess my wife also started reading all reviews and debating a lot about Ertiga Vs Qunato Vs Duster. Since we are already in waiting for Ertiga ZDI so there is no harm in looking for options among the recent launch.

Based on interiors and seating arrangement, comfort and seven seater Ertiga is the
farthest best.

Based on exterior look Duster is better. But interior looks very moderate. The optional seats are specially for kid less than 6-7 years.

Quanto is just a budget so called SUV.

Hope Honda/Ford will bring some better alternatives for future buyers.

Now I feel happy as all the doubts are cleared.

Hi
As Nissan Evalia is going to be launched on 26th September you can check that too. Very spacious and offering a mileage of 16kmpl.

Thread Starter #87
Today on request of my wife, we visited M&M, Renault and MS for Quanto, Duster and Ertiga respectively.I guess my wife also started reading all reviews and debating a lot about Ertiga Vs Qunato Vs Duster. Since we are already in waiting for Ertiga ZDI so there is no harm in looking for options among the recent launch.

Based on interiors and seating arrangement, comfort and seven seater Ertiga is the
farthest best.

Based on exterior look Duster is better. But interior looks very moderate. The optional seats are specially for kid less than 6-7 years.

Quanto is just a budget so called SUV.

Hope Honda/Ford will bring some better alternatives for future buyers.

Now I feel happy as all the doubts are cleared.
Great but what were your final thoughts on quanto ?

Hi
As Nissan Evalia is going to be launched on 26th September you can check that too. Very spacious and offering a mileage of 16kmpl.
It's already ruled as very boxy and big one.Ertiga is like hatchback cum MPV which I can use for office commute as well as family outing in case parents or parents in law visit us.

Top Bottom