Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Quanto vs Maruti Ertiga

Your Choice?

• Total voters
Re: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Mini Xylo

We can't compare these of now as we don't have any details besides Duster.

which is the best launch in 2012-2013 ERTIGA Vs Duster Vs EcoSport

Hello Friends,

Which is the best buy for year 2012-2013 among ERTIGA, Duster and EcoSport.

From my point of view ERTIGA is the best VFM and EcoSport must be the best superkool looking vehichle.

Re: which is the best launch in 2012-2013 ERTIGA Vs Duster Vs EcoSport

From my point of view ERTIGA is the best VFM and EcoSport must be the best superkool looking vehichle.
Ertiga is pure VFM offering from Maruti.
If Ford prices the Ecosport with a killer pricing strategy as in the case of Figo the game is going to have a twist[lol]. At the same time if Ford tries the same pricing strategy as in the case of Fiesta Sedan we could declare Ertiga as the all time winner

Ertiga is really VFM car !!

Duster : Till now I am keen to see a duster on Hyderabad roads everyday, but not successful so far[cry]

Lot of expectations for Ecosport launch from my side[clap]

I have already booked ERTIGA ZDI and asked for delivery next year Jan/Feb so that I can have it without loan.

As I have luxury of time, I am also looking EcoSport as 2nd Option.

In my point of view Ertiga is the most wise purchase where you can get space, low maintenance, high fuel efficiency and comfort of Sedan. Most likely I will settle with ERTIGA ZDI.

EcoSport will be superhit if the price is on par with ERTIGA and should have same average what Duster is giving.EcoSport will be hit who are more inclined towards style and look.

My mind and heart say go with EcoSport while only heart says please consider EcoSport Red/Black.

Re: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Mini Xylo vs Maruti Ertiga

The niggles for the so called european build quality has begun with a owner reporting failure of power steering within 500kms of ownership.

Thread Starter #22

The niggles for the so called european build quality has begun with a owner reporting failure of power steering within 500kms of ownership.
Can you please provide a source ?the vehicle was a pre- production test drive vehicle not any owners vehicle I know the source from where you got this info read again .and why don't you also tell all the great things written in that review here why only this part ? You must also write here that the same review also says its miles ahead then the Scorpio.Anyway since duster is a proven vehicle all around the world it's more reliable then the mighty muscular Scorpio and the safari .

Can you please provide a source ?the vehicle was a pre- production test drive vehicle not any owners vehicle I know the source from where you got this info read again .and why don't you also tell all the great things written in that review here why only this part ? You must also write here that the same review also says its miles ahead then the Scorpio.Anyway since duster is a proven vehicle all around the world it's more reliable then the mighty muscular Scorpio and the safari .
ok then you want me to mention the ACI review?

The 110bhp has a turbo lag which makes it a pain to drive in the city. Also if not in the turbo range going uphill too is sluggish.
Driving in the city will require more gear shifts in the duster because of the turbo lag.
Now at higher revs the engine does feel strained for the duster whereas the scorpio the cabin is quieter.

It is the handling which is better given the smaller size which hardly is a surprise.

The comparo has also mentioned that the plastics on both the cars has nothing to boast about.

Nothing else to mention that i can remember.
Also not to forget the scorpio is tried and tested for more than a decade now. Duster is still a newbie on that front.

Thread Starter #24

ok then you want me to mention the ACI review?

The 110bhp has a turbo lag which makes it a pain to drive in the city. Also if not in the turbo range going uphill too is sluggish.
Driving in the city will require more gear shifts in the duster because of the turbo lag.
Now at higher revs the engine does feel strained for the duster whereas the scorpio the cabin is quieter.

It is the handling which is better given the smaller size which hardly is a surprise.

The comparo has also mentioned that the plastics on both the cars has nothing to boast about.

Nothing else to mention that i can remember.
Also not to forget the scorpio is tried and tested for more than a decade now. Duster is still a newbie on that front.
And the 85ps version ? Its hootbto drive in the city right ?Again you are just mentioning the negative points and not the good points about duster which writen all over the web.
I never said or want to belive or make people belive it's a great product the point here is fair estimation both good and bad and you have been just brining the bad points only .

Last edited:

I have voted for all the cars except the Duster.

I am not a fan of the Duster as -
* It looks like a Frog which is about to vomit
* Performance of top end is blunted because of turbo lag (just like Punto!)
* It is overpriced

That's the most hilarious statement I have read, when some one is describing the looks of the car. ROFL. [lol][lol]
you look it from the rear it gives the same feeling as a frog hibernating.

P.S : No offense meant to the duster owners

I have voted for all the cars except the Duster.

I am not a fan of the Duster as -
* It looks like a Frog which is about to vomit
* Performance of top end is blunted because of turbo lag (just like Punto!)
* It is overpriced
Raj,

I agree with you on your point number 3 about the pricing. This might be the Renault fashion and they need to learn Indian fashion pricing and thinking of " how much it gives" same word from Maruti advertisement. They will fall in to this line very soon !!

Now please little elaborate on your point number 2 of Punto, this is really a news to me and I would like to learn more on this !!

About your point number one [lol] yeah really it makes me laugh, but think about our fellow Duster owned TAIans for such comment and I wish they take it bit sportive. In this sense I can say if you start looking at every car/SUV which looks similar to some animal or creature !! so looks are purely subjective here[:)]

Errr. Pardon me, but we have 4 vehicles in comparison. outta those one has been launched few months before, one few days and the rest two - We hardly know about those. what are we talking about ? [surprise]

Top Bottom