Ford Ecosport: Sound System Upgrade + Using 80PRS as HU

Thread Starter #1
I have to upgrade the music setup in my new Ford Ecosport petrol Trend variant.

The hardware which I can reuse from my other car is
  • Morel Maximo components
  • Lightening audio LA-4100 4 channel amp
  • Digital Designs DD AM1 mono amp
  • Focal access sub
Following are my concerns
1) Will there be any warranty issues if I install the above in my car? Will there be any cutting of wires?
2) How to get car chimes/alerts (door open, BT connect, parking sensors, etc.) via the new speakers?

I also have Pioneer 80PRS head unit in my other car which I'm considering using in the new car as well. I want to do this to get cleaner audio output and time alignment.

I'm thinking of installing it either in the glove box or the area under the automatic climate controls. I know it would be tricky but I think it is possible, at least in theory.

My concerns with this is
1) Will I be able to use steering controls with 80PRS?
2) Can I feed the output of the Ecosport's Flyaudio headunit to the Aux 1 or Aux 2 of 80PRS? I want to do this so that it becomes easier for my co-passenger to search/change the tracks via the touchscreen rather than opening the glove box and searching/changing the tracks from 80PRS.
attachment.jpg

Any issues with this idea?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thank you
Sukhjinder

Thread Starter #2
Visiting this thread after a real long time.
Anyway. I did the modification suggested above. And I'm very happy with it!
Interesting bit is that there is not enough space for the depth of 80prs. So the installer fixed the face plate there and put the rest of the body under front passenger seat.
It is placed such that it is but kicked by the rear passenger. Let me know if you'd like to see some pictures.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I have to upgrade the music setup in my new Ford Ecosport petrol Trend variant.

The hardware which I can reuse from my other car is
  • Morel Maximo components
  • Lightening audio LA-4100 4 channel amp
  • Digital Designs DD AM1 mono amp
  • Focal access sub
Following are my concerns
1) Will there be any warranty issues if I install the above in my car? Will there be any cutting of wires?
2) How to get car chimes/alerts (door open, BT connect, parking sensors, etc.) via the new speakers?

I also have Pioneer 80PRS head unit in my other car which I'm considering using in the new car as well. I want to do this to get cleaner audio output and time alignment.

I'm thinking of installing it either in the glove box or the area under the automatic climate controls. I know it would be tricky but I think it is possible, at least in theory.

My concerns with this is
1) Will I be able to use steering controls with 80PRS?
2) Can I feed the output of the Ecosport's Flyaudio headunit to the Aux 1 or Aux 2 of 80PRS? I want to do this so that it becomes easier for my co-passenger to search/change the tracks via the touchscreen rather than opening the glove box and searching/changing the tracks from 80PRS.
View attachment 261386
Any issues with this idea?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thank you
Sukhjinder
Visiting this thread after a real long time.
Anyway. I did the modification suggested above. And I'm very happy with it!
Interesting bit is that there is not enough space for the depth of 80prs. So the installer fixed the face plate there and put the rest of the body under front passenger seat.
It is placed such that it is but kicked by the rear passenger. Let me know if you'd like to see some pictures.
Apologies for missing your post earlier.
Looks to be very interesting. Please do post pictures so that we can learn some new things from your installation.

Top Bottom