Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Friends,
One TATA dealer is offering 4 lakh for my 2013 model 1L km run trend model. I have not negotiated so far. Seems he will go up to 4.5 lakhs. Is it a good deal?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 L – New vs old price list

ford-ecosport-sales-lowest-india.jpg

This is an engine upgrade, and EcoSport continues forward with its usual exterior and interior styling. Sunroof is a feature on half the variants on offer. 2020 Ford EcoSport safety is upheld with six airbags for enhanced protection.

Connectivity features include its SYNC 3 infotainment system, an 8-inch touchscreen, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility for the topped EcoSport S variant. Depending on variant, one will find the compact SUV fitted with a 9-inch touchscreen-based, infotainment system, and embedded navigation. Below is the detailed price list of Ford EcoSport BS6 vs BS4. All prices are ex-sh.

FireShot Capture 012 - Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 L - New vs old price list_ - www....png

Read:

I expected a bigger price hike, but even this 13k range price hike will in reality bump price on road by around 25-30k Rs owing to tax structure.
Its really sad to see Ford not even able to advertise this launch, probably they arr bank rupt on their own and might have to peck a fight with JV partner M&M if they wanted more attention within JV.
For consumers it seems like even better choice.
I hear Endeavor too is going to get new BS VI compliant 2.0 twin turbo diesel with 210 bhp and 450 NM and a new 10 speed AT.

I had bought the basic silver car cover for 1800 bucks for my 2016 Ecosport at time of purchase. 4 years down the line, i realise that I should have replaced it much sooner. It has gotten dirty from inside and couldn't clean it even after 2-3 attempts. It sticks to the car whenever it rains and leaves dirty stains all over the car.

I have following two options -

1) some 2500 bucks cover from local Ford dealer. Don't know about the quality as it is not in stock yet. I can see two qualities of covers on the below link. Hopefully its the fabric one. This one will be better fit for the car compared to other options.

2) Polco Waterproof Cover Polco Car Body Cover for VOLVO XC90 / Ford Endeavour | Polco India

OR?

3) Polco Tyvek cover: Is the premium over the previous cover justified? I think Tyvek also loses on Water-proof abilities? https://www.polcoindia.com/details/polco-car-body-cover-for-ford-ecosport-dupont-tyvek

I am very tight on budget right now and prefer bang for the buck. Unless its really bad, I'd prefer going for the cheaper one. Kindly advise.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Take these claims with a huge grain of salt. I am yet to see any cover which is properly waterproof. Even though the cloth is (mostly) Waterproof , Water will get in through the Seams/Stitching and cause problems Below-
It sticks to the car whenever it rains and leaves dirty stains all over the car.
During rains, always better to Keep car open, As cover does more harm than good. Also, Place packets of Silica gel on dashboard and Glove compartments.

During rains, always better to Keep car open, As cover does more harm than good. Also, Place packets of Silica gel on dashboard and Glove compartments.
So your advise is to remove cover before it starts raining? Also after every rain, tiny circular dust patches of rain drops are left on the car body.

Take these claims with a huge grain of salt. I am yet to see any cover which is properly waterproof. Even though the cloth is (mostly) Waterproof , Water will get in through the Seams/Stitching and cause problems Below-
Then which cover do you advise? It is very dusty in my area and the car gets very dirty in a week.

bhvm

Honoured Member
remove cover before it starts raining?
Thats what I would do.
tiny circular dust patches of rain drops are left on the car body.
A good coat of wax will prevent that. The dust will just fly off once you drive
It is very dusty in my area and the car gets very dirty in a week.
Unfortunately there is no easy answer. India is very dusty, and Proper closed garage is the only option.

Thread Starter #7,988

350Z

Core Team
Ford has now introduced automatic transmission in Titanium variant. It’s on sale for Rs.10,66,500 (Ex.showroom, Delhi). Sharing more details from Press Release:

Delivering more choice and enhanced value to customers, Ford India has introduced a new automatic variant of its bestselling compact SUV EcoSport, at a special price of INR 10.66 Lakh (Ex-Showroom Delhi).

The new Ford EcoSport Titanium AT trim offers six-speed, torque converter automatic gearbox that is paired to Ford’s latest, Bharat Stage 6 compliant three-cylinder 1.5L petrol engine. Like the other automatic Titanium+ trim, the new Titanium variant in the 2020 lineup will also be a performance leader, delivering 122 PS of power and 149 Nm of peak torque.

“With the new Titanium trim in the 2020 EcoSport line-up, we wish more consumers to enjoy the convenience of an automatic without compromising on the fun-of-driving. The outstanding value on offer will ensure that consumers no longer settle for underwhelming automatic technologies available in the market,” said Vinay Raina, executive director for Marketing, Sales and Service at Ford India.

Besides the outstanding performance, the new EcoSport Titanium Automatic offers several other features including segment-first paddle shifters, cruise control, push start/stop for greater convenience. The variant offers a superior technology with a touchscreen infotainment system with embedded navigation, as well as superior safety with standard dual airbags, traction control system, electronic stability control and hill launch, assist among other features.

The new variant will also be the only automatic compact SUV in its price range to offer globally-renowned mobility and connectivity solution FordPassTM, a one-stop smartphone app meeting diverse ownership needs, at no additional cost. With a factory-fitted cloud-connected device, owners of the new Titanium trim will be able to perform several vehicle operations -- like starting, stopping, locking or unlocking remotely, via the FordPassTM app.

Prioritizing the health and convenience of consumers during the upcoming festive season, the company is accepting bookings for new vehicles via a dedicate online portal, www.booking.india.ford.com. The online booking portal allows buyers to select, book and avail doorstep delivery of their new Ford, from the comfort of their homes. Customers booking their Ford cars online will get real-time assistance from a booking partner, available six days a week from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM.

The new booking portal is an extension of the company’s recently announced Dial-A-Ford initiative that enables customers to avail a host of services for their Ford cars via a toll-free number 1800-419-3000. Ford customers can call the toll-free number to organize pick and drop for servicing or repairs of their cars, avail roadside assistance or even request for test driving a new Ford. The initiative makes safety a top-most priority by ensuring adherence to strict sanitization guidelines. All vehicles are thoroughly disinfected by trained Ford staff at the time of pick-up and before delivery to customers.

The Ford EcoSport has been setting a benchmark in value of ownership with 3-year or 100,000 KM standard warranty, longer service intervals of 10,000 KM, compared to 5,000 KM for most compact SUVs. Ford EcoSport owners spend as low as INR 1,400 for scheduled service in the first year while the 100,000-KM or 10-year service is surprisingly affordable at just INR 4,700.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Can owners here tell if the hard suspension setup gets little bit softened after few thousand kms over a period of time?

And does the hard suspension play a role in appearance of rattles during long term ownership?

Regarding Ford, generally Ford is more of a sensitive vehicle, its built strong, but not build for rough handlings.
Say, in a Hyundai , you abuse it roughly, it will take all abuses, and that won't be seen in the vehicle, but after 4 years or 5 years, one by one parts fail. Till 5 years, all parts are guarenteed. In case of Ford, its opposite, you care the ride, it will last for years. My friend's fiesta, which used to take all rough roads, had its suspension overhaul at 60kkm(3 years). Another friend's ecosport, which has a mixed road condition driving, still has its stock suspension.
Also, have heard that Fords generally aren't tolerant with mods like upsizing of tyres.(Not sure regarding that)

Brezza generally has a stiffer suspension than Ecosport , ecosport is moderately tuned(optimum for comfort, handling). Nexon (I have driven First Gen), it had stiff suspension, which wasn't comfortable.
Unless you purposefully don't ditch the ride on potholes at higher speeds, ES won't cause you any trouble.

Hey guys, I own an ecosport sports .. bought it in march' 21.
I've been experiencing a continuous vibration and rattling noise from my passenger door side and rear right door too. Sometimes this is when I'm listening to music, sometimes without it just on semi-bumpy roads. This keeps irritating.
How can i solve this ?? Will damping the doors help?

Top Bottom