Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Sorry I mistyped RPM it's 1000-1500 RPM (When Car reached it & exeeds this RPM/Speed of 25-30 KMPH), It sounds like Turbo Exhauster (Ssshhuuu...), Oil seepage from somewhere & collecting over Silencer.

I asked MGS Ford Lucknow for Turbo Charge Assy. & It's cost is Rs.34500.
Seems some severe problem in it.
I would suggest you to get the turbo charger serviced. Its very simple and effective. They will fix new parts. If turbo seals/gaskets are leaking, its a easy fix and so are turbine and shafts. Get a good after market repair shop and it shouldn't cost more than Rs.6000. Ford ASC would try to change the whole part which is expensive and not required. Turbos are easily serviceable. Please try that before going for expensive fix.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I would suggest otherwise. Always replace Turbos. Never service them
They are precision items spinning happily at over 1 lac RPM. Even as high as 1.5 Lac to 2 Lac on some models. Rebuilt turbos can never be balanced properly and will give trouble sooner or later.

35k for a turbo is cheap (I was expecting typical ford prices at 70k to 1 lac).
Even Safari Turbo Costs 50k.
Get new one. Be happy.

I would suggest you to get the turbo charger serviced. Its very simple and effective. They will fix new parts. If turbo seals/gaskets are leaking, its a easy fix and so are turbine and shafts. Get a good after market repair shop and it shouldn't cost more than Rs.6000. Ford ASC would try to change the whole part which is expensive and not required. Turbos are easily serviceable. Please try that before going for expensive fix.
This is good specially if the mechanics are suprely good in engine works, otherwise its a risk, if there is more than one case of cars for which this system of manual cleaning and fixing has worked without issue, there is no problem moving with the same,
But what I feel is what if its not just a turbo seal issue, what if its something thats more complex like an excess pressure or some issue that is related to engine itself,thats what concerns me,
Its the third Ecosport in TAI forum thats falling into engine related issue.

I also would say Turbo overhaul is better than Turbo replacement .
Speaking in perspective of Hyundai CRDi Engines (No offence to any hyundai owners , just have seen many Hyundai Turbo fail off)

Turbo failure means , the culprit generally is not only with Turbo , some other component will misfunction (Including quality of fuel , driving pattern everything affects ) . Have seen Hyundai I20 (First gen) , Verna (1st , 2nd , 3rd gen Fluidic ) , Accent , Tucson (1st gen) , with turbo fail(Turbo oil leak ).
Point to be noted is I20 had ran just 6k km , the issue was driving style , he used to revv it always in 4k RPM. Hyundai tuning being performance oriented had caused Turbo Oil leak maybe due to high pressure (They say load on turbo ) . Solution done was replacing turbo assy . But then too it didnt solve , after couple of KMs it popped up ánd then after , turbo was cleaned during each service (Charge was within 1k)- Considering goodwill of customer .The vehicle runs fine now also.

This is good specially if the mechanics are suprely good in engine works, otherwise its a risk, if there is more than one case of cars for which this system of manual cleaning and fixing has worked without issue, there is no problem moving with the same,
But what I feel is what if its not just a turbo seal issue, what if its something thats more complex like an excess pressure or some issue that is related to engine itself,thats what concerns me,
Its the third Ecosport in TAI forum thats falling into engine related issue.
From the pictures it does not look like a turbo issue, it could be the seals at the inlet end. I know hundreds of old gen fiesta/ figo have gasket and oil seal leaks which are just serviced back to life even though new turbo just cost 13500 Rs for it.
My friends i20 was reported to have a turbo issue by Hyundai and called for replacement. I drove and found absolutely no power loss from turbo. I asked him to drive till turbo fails...he has driven 35k from then without any issues! Most times it is wrong diagnosis by ASC. Get it checked from a different service centre or quality FNG can provide a solution.
Ecosport diesel is a old school engine and the fix could not be complicated.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ford EcoSport Titanium And Titanium+ Trims Get An Updated Instrument Cluster

2017-ford-ecosport-facelift_827x510_51510552241.jpg

Ford India has silently updated the Titanium and Titanium+ variants of the Ford EcoSport with a new instrument cluster. The new premium instrument cluster comes with chrome rings around the speedometer and tachometer, along with a 4.2-inch Multi-Information Display (MID) unit. The instrument cluster has been borrowed from the company's top-spec Ford EcoSport S variant, which is powered by the company's award-winning 1.0 EcoBoost petrol engine. The prices, on the other hand, remain unaffected for both the petrol and diesel version of Titanium and Titanium+ variants.

c359ap8s_ford-ecosport-instrument-cluster_625x300_16_February_19.jpg

Read:

From the pictures it does not look like a turbo issue, it could be the seals at the inlet end. I know hundreds of old gen fiesta/ figo have gasket and oil seal leaks which are just serviced back to life even though new turbo just cost 13500 Rs for it.
My friends i20 was reported to have a turbo issue by Hyundai and called for replacement. I drove and found absolutely no power loss from turbo. I asked him to drive till turbo fails...he has driven 35k from then without any issues! Most times it is wrong diagnosis by ASC. Get it checked from a different service centre or quality FNG can provide a solution.
Ecosport diesel is a old school engine and the fix could not be complicated.
Changed the "Turbo Core" of the vehicle, Old one was just about to fail completely, Vehicle consumed 4 Ltr Engine Oil within 10 KM of run, Engine Overheated & failed to start several times, A lot of white/grey smoke from exhaust was there, even oil was started coming from it's exhaust pipe. Engine was running in high vibration.

Due to unavailability of Ford service station in city turbo Core replacement done by a local mechanic (as there was no other option available at that time & vehicle oil consumption was far more than it's Diesel consumption.

Finally after 2 days & cleaning of intercooler & Turbo Inlet/Outlet Pipeline, Silencer & some cleaning of exhaust pipe (Labour Cost Around 4500) Vehicle been available to drive. After 20 odd KMs test some oil seepage again/spreaded oil again found under bonnet (This time it seems some pressurised line oil came out & got spread), again took vehicle to same local mechanic & he again checked Turbocharger but both ends (Turbine & Compressor wheels) found no oil. Now it's amazingly coming from somewhere else which we can't find during engine running while vehicle is standing. During this checking don't know what that stupid mechanic did wrong & 2 Alarms (Power train & Engine Glow Sign) started coming (Attaching Pics). Called an electric mechanic & he tried to reset it by removing/connecting battery cable connection but could not reset it.He suggested that the same can be reset by dignosis (Laptop) at service station.

Now my query is - What could be the problem..? How these Alarms can suddenly appears in a standing vehicle. (As that electrician told me that if sensors of these Alarms been touched/removed & connected by mechanic during his checking then it may come & not due to any mechanical problem)
Too Confused how this vehicle can fail in such a short span (4Yrs) although this one is from 1'st lot of Ecosport (From which many cars been exported too).

Ford service too is not up to mark, I pointed out the problem during it's scheduled Servicing @ MGS Ford Lucknow Service Station but instead of diagnosis they just neglected the issue which finally becam worst.

Just getting fed up with it & now planning to sell it as soon as possible after it's rectification. [frustration][frustration][frustration]

Attachments

Changed the "Turbo Core" of the vehicle, Old one was just about to fail completely, Vehicle consumed 4 Ltr Engine Oil within 10 KM of run, Engine Overheated & failed to start several times, A lot of white/grey smoke from exhaust was there, even oil was started coming from it's exhaust pipe. Engine was running in high vibration.

Due to unavailability of Ford service station in city turbo Core replacement done by a local mechanic (as there was no other option available at that time & vehicle oil consumption was far more than it's Diesel consumption.

Finally after 2 days & cleaning of intercooler & Turbo Inlet/Outlet Pipeline, Silencer & some cleaning of exhaust pipe (Labour Cost Around 4500) Vehicle been available to drive. After 20 odd KMs test some oil seepage again/spreaded oil again found under bonnet (This time it seems some pressurised line oil came out & got spread), again took vehicle to same local mechanic & he again checked Turbocharger but both ends (Turbine & Compressor wheels) found no oil. Now it's amazingly coming from somewhere else which we can't find during engine running while vehicle is standing. During this checking don't know what that stupid mechanic did wrong & 2 Alarms (Power train & Engine Glow Sign) started coming (Attaching Pics). Called an electric mechanic & he tried to reset it by removing/connecting battery cable connection but could not reset it.He suggested that the same can be reset by dignosis (Laptop) at service station.

Now my query is - What could be the problem..? How these Alarms can suddenly appears in a standing vehicle. (As that electrician told me that if sensors of these Alarms been touched/removed & connected by mechanic during his checking then it may come & not due to any mechanical problem)
Too Confused how this vehicle can fail in such a short span (4Yrs) although this one is from 1'st lot of Ecosport (From which many cars been exported too).

Ford service too is not up to mark, I pointed out the problem during it's scheduled Servicing @ MGS Ford Lucknow Service Station but instead of diagnosis they just neglected the issue which finally becam worst.

Just getting fed up with it & now planning to sell it as soon as possible after it's rectification. [frustration][frustration][frustration]
How many kms run by the car? Actually the turbo might not have been the core of issue , the TDCi 1st gen had issues with weak piston rings , Ford blames poor quality fuel for wear of piston rings, but I think its a manufacturing defect itself as some users have easily done over 1.5 lakh kms with same engine.
Usually this issue seems to crop up after 60,000 kms of running in short span. Also if it was still 4 years, Dealer should be the one who should be dealing with issue.
From what I know, the engine block is what needs replacement, turbos will work fine, Ford had replaced quiet a few engines for consumers who were prematurely affected with just labour costs summing to around 20-25k Rs.
As of now, the seepage of oil might be from anywhere as we are not sure what all the mechanic touched. When dealing with such situations ie related to engine,turbo etc always try to keep work limited to Ford Dealers itself even though they are not good at it.
As of now, I think you try some other dealership who might co operate with situation. Also do tweet about the situation in Ford India twitter page with suffecient pics to justify the cause. Ford is active in tweeting and might consider checking your vehicle.
One way or the other situation will be painful, if Ford dosent respond, consumer court is the way to go.

Hi All. I have to change my Ecosport tyres. Can you please suggest which is a good replacement for the Good Year assurance stock tyres. Mine is a Trend model so I believe the size is 195/65/R15 Thanks.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Ford EcoSport Thunder Edition interiors detailed – Video walkaround

A special edition of the Ford EcoSport is set for launch sometime in June 2019. It has been spied at company dealerships and images have surfaced online sporting the ‘Thunder’ moniker below the EcoSport badge at the rear. The walkaround video by AutoTrend TV youtube channel shows off the exterior and interior updates on this new edition.

Ford EcoSport Thunder Edition as seen in the accompanying video will receive some cosmetic updates that could be offered on multiple variants. It will also be more affordable as compared to its regular counterpart. Price is expected to be Rs.20,000 lower than the regular Titanium variant.

Read:

New Ford EcoSport Thunder Edition interiors detailed – Video walkaround

A special edition of the Ford EcoSport is set for launch sometime in June 2019. It has been spied at company dealerships and images have surfaced online sporting the ‘Thunder’ moniker below the EcoSport badge at the rear. The walkaround video by AutoTrend TV youtube channel shows off the exterior and interior updates on this new edition.

Ford EcoSport Thunder Edition as seen in the accompanying video will receive some cosmetic updates that could be offered on multiple variants. It will also be more affordable as compared to its regular counterpart. Price is expected to be Rs.20,000 lower than the regular Titanium variant.

Read:
What in this world is Ford India Smoking, if they had money for all this foolishness, why not spend it on features that Indians would love like an LED projector headlamps on Freestyle, or an Automatic Freestyle, etc.
Ford is insanely foolish at times.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ford EcoSport Thunder Edition launched in India

ford-ecosport-thunder-edition-1.jpg

Ford India has just launched a new special edition of the EcoSport compact SUV. Called the Thunder Edition, it’s essentially a visual makeover of the sub-4 meter SUV and does not get any mechanical changes or feature additions. Among the visual changes are dual tone bonnet, black roof, black alloys, dual tone interior, blacked out wing mirrors and a contrast roof. The alloy wheels also get a blacked out finish.

ford-ecosport-thunder-edition-2.jpg

Prices of the Ford EcoSport’s Thunder Edition start from Rs. 10.18 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, while those of the diesel start from Rs. 10.68 lakhs. The compact SUV is offered with petrol and diesel engine options, and the Thunder Edition is based on the EcoSport’s Titanium variant. It gets an electric sunroof option, along with the 9 inch floating infotainment display on the dashboard, and all other features that are standard on the Titanium trim.

Read:

Ford EcoSport Thunder Edition launched in India

View attachment 260376

Ford India has just launched a new special edition of the EcoSport compact SUV. Called the Thunder Edition, it’s essentially a visual makeover of the sub-4 meter SUV and does not get any mechanical changes or feature additions. Among the visual changes are dual tone bonnet, black roof, black alloys, dual tone interior, blacked out wing mirrors and a contrast roof. The alloy wheels also get a blacked out finish.

View attachment 260377

Prices of the Ford EcoSport’s Thunder Edition start from Rs. 10.18 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, while those of the diesel start from Rs. 10.68 lakhs. The compact SUV is offered with petrol and diesel engine options, and the Thunder Edition is based on the EcoSport’s Titanium variant. It gets an electric sunroof option, along with the 9 inch floating infotainment display on the dashboard, and all other features that are standard on the Titanium trim.

Read:
Got to say, extremely poor decision from Ford India to delete features like SYNC3 from its line up, also cant believe Ford has also started this pathetic sticker job that just is a lame way to attract customers,
I think Fords product development and Marketing team badly needs a therapy session, at this rate, Ford will only loose customers.

Top Bottom