Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Re: Info required for rear camera on Ecosports Titanium+

Congradulations man.
Now keep updated on the car in this forum and we all will try our best to help and provide best possible feedback on suggestions,
Have a great drive.
Yes I am trying to start an ownership thread but it would require a lot of work on weekends...my lil' one rarely allows me to do anything else on weekends. + I am a lazy guy so would need more time to do justice with the ownership review.

Yes I am trying to start an ownership thread but it would require a lot of work on weekends...my lil' one rarely allows me to do anything else on weekends. + I am a lazy guy so would need more time to do justice with the ownership review.
Take your own sweet time
Also what all accessories did you buy ?
And any extended warranty?

Take your own sweet time
Also what all accessories did you buy ?
And any extended warranty?
I was on a very tight budget (still am!!)so did not buy any accessories from dealer as of yet but going to Motor Concepts, Kirti Nagar (has quite good recommendation on various internet forums) tomorrow and hoping to get the following done.
1. Reverse Parking Sensors
2. Reverse Camera
3. Fabric on Door Trims (where arm rests)
4. Replacing current OEM speakers with my Focal components (which were earlier doing their duty on my now sold i20 crdi)
5. Floor mats
6. Fog Lamps (may be projectors instead of regular Fog Lamps)

Any suggestions on the last point will be helpful as the dealer is offering to fit the OEM fog Lamps @ INR 5K (incl. Labor) but these are without chrome housing. Are the xp micro 3inch available in delhi and would they void warranty.
Would fitting the Reverse Parking Sensor and Camera from outside (Non OEM) void warranty.
I am going to buy extended warranty after some time which according to my sales advisor is possible.

Best,

I have had mine for a bit over 4 years now. The battery finally died..

Any suggestions on getting a new one? Ford would recommend their in-house battery. I checked sites like batterybhai and they have amaron 45AH for 4400 (with exchange) and 55Ah for ~5600.

Money isnt the issue, but I read that the 55AH doesnt fit properly ..

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?
My local dealer quoted me 5000 for the 45AH with exchange.. So I think I might go with Batterybhai.

I have had mine for a bit over 4 years now. The battery finally died..

Any suggestions on getting a new one? Ford would recommend their in-house battery. I checked sites like batterybhai and they have amaron 45AH for 4400 (with exchange) and 55Ah for ~5600.

Money isnt the issue, but I read that the 55AH doesnt fit properly ..

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?
My local dealer quoted me 5000 for the 45AH with exchange.. So I think I might go with Batterybhai.
somewhere in this thread (may be rusted because i mentioned it around couple of years ago) am using amaron 55 AH battery and its going good till now

just got the post refer this link http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/official-road-tests/12733-ford-ecosport-review-pictures-505.html#post486637

usually starting (push button start) consumes more power from battery and thats the one that shows symptoms if battery is not in good condition

I would recommend AMARON 55 AH it is good enough go for it

After buy back offer the cost is 5000
Amaron flo
AAM-FL-555112054 (DIN55)
M.R.P: Rs. 6007.00
With Old Battery *:
Rs.5000.00 *
Without Old Battery:
Rs.5825.00*

now am using 35W HID and thats working well
50k done on my ecosport done lot of R&D and upgraded to same factory size MRF ZV2K tyres and it serves well and performance is far better than the previous (company provided) good year tyres

Again its time for me to back to hibernate mode

Last edited:
Friends,

My car got serviced yesterday from ford ASC trichy. Everything is fine except the rear shock absorbers. Service guy says both the rear shock absorbers needs to be replaced and yes i also observed the ride is quite bumpy at the rear. Checked the air pressure. It is normal. But my doubt is while giving my car for service it was not that bumpy. But now it is quite bumpy. Dot know whether it is my psychological effect or real. But one thing is sure, ride is not at all comfortable.

Did any ecosport owner replace the rear shocks?

thanks in advance.
My car has crossed 75K km.

Friends,

My car got serviced yesterday from ford ASC trichy. Everything is fine except the rear shock absorbers. Service guy says both the rear shock absorbers needs to be replaced and yes i also observed the ride is quite bumpy at the rear. Checked the air pressure. It is normal. But my doubt is while giving my car for service it was not that bumpy. But now it is quite bumpy. Dot know whether it is my psychological effect or real. But one thing is sure, ride is not at all comfortable.

Did any ecosport owner replace the rear shocks?

thanks in advance.
My car has crossed 75K km.
I hope @D.J.D was among one who got the engine replaced under warranty right?
So how much has the new engine alone done?

Now shock absorbers in my Figo also got replaced on its 6th year of ownership, my front left and rear right shocks were leaky and had lost rebound balance, for me too it became evident after the previous service, when the car os lifted up for underbody cleaning etc the suspensions hang on tire weight and thats when the issue gets highlighted if it already had issues.
Changing shocks is just a 4 hour work, and each shock will cost around 2200 Rs. Including labour the total cost of changing 2 shocks is around Rs 6000,
I would suggest to do this work as ride quality is already stiff in Ecosport so its better for the car as well as rattles etc can be kept at control with good damping.

I hope @D.J.D was among one who got the engine replaced under warranty right?
So how much has the new engine alone done?

Now shock absorbers in my Figo also got replaced on its 6th.............
Thank you for the quick reply.

Engine work was done in my ecosport @43K km. Now ODO is at 75K km. So far no issue and one thing i would like to mention is the engine has become smoother with age [:)]

Regarding shock absorber replacement work, fixed up an appointment with ford ASC for coming sunday.

After 4+ years , my windshield was broken by a stone in highways. I enquired the replacement in Ford authorized dealer in chennai, they were charging 15K. I have contacted "windshield expert" online, they quoted me 6.6K. I went to the shop in Chennai, OMR, they replaced the front windshield glass with in 1 hour. Even they are accepting insurance, but it will take 1 day.

In ford service center they said it will take 3-4 days when you go for insurance.
https://www.windshieldexperts.com/

85000 KM service update

Got my car serviced last week @ 85000 km. Engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter replaced. I complained about minor juddering in first gear. SA informed that clutch master cylinder was leaking. Same was replaced.
Now everything is fine. It can go smoothly till 130 kmph. After that the engine feels little stressed.
I am really impressed with this car [thumbsup]

Hi,

Can some one please let me know the price pf "Turbo Charger Assembly" of Ford Ecosport (Make 2013/ 1'st Lot).

In my Ecosport oil is leaking through it's turbo charger from some where but technician is unable to locate also at 21500+ RPM (30KMPH+ Speed) is sounds like "SShhhhuuuu..." I think it need replacement, hence please guide me. If any one had such problem pls let me know the solution.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hi,

Can some one please let me know the price pf "Turbo Charger Assembly" of Ford Ecosport (Make 2013/ 1'st Lot).

In my Ecosport oil is leaking through it's turbo charger from some where but technician is unable to locate also at 21500+ RPM (30KMPH+ Speed) is sounds like "SShhhhuuuu..." I think it need replacement, hence please guide me. If any one had such problem pls let me know the solution.
Turbos are precision items. It's better to let ASC handle these matters.

I Hope you are following the one minute idle procedures for Long turbo life.

Hi,

In my Ecosport oil is leaking through it's turbo charger from some where but technician is unable to locate also at 1500+ RPM (30KMPH+ Speed) is sounds like "SShhhhuuuu..." I think it need replacement, hence please guide me. If any one had such problem pls let me know the solution.
Sorry I mistyped RPM it's 1000-1500 RPM (When Car reached it & exeeds this RPM/Speed of 25-30 KMPH), It sounds like Turbo Exhauster (Ssshhuuu...), Oil seepage from somewhere & collecting over Silencer.

I asked MGS Ford Lucknow for Turbo Charge Assy. & It's cost is Rs.34500.
Seems some severe problem in it.

Attachments

Top Bottom