Ford EcoSport : Headlight Bulb Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys ,

After 3000km i felt i headlight bulbs in my EcoSport wasn't that poweful when i took it in Highway in the night or when i went to Coorg ...

so after some research i decided to go with Philips Bulb X-treme Extreme Vision (H4 60/55W) x 2

Reasons :

1. Can DIY
  2. Easy to replace them
  3. Cost way less then HID's or other Kits
  4. No Warranty issues as its using recommenced wattage by Ford.

Boy i made a right choice here are results [evil]

Note :If you want to know how to change bulbs , its under maintenance section of Owners Manual (Page 36-40)

PS : I am bit religious ,so the black stuff in the front of grills [embarass] and hope its rights section .

Attachments

Thanks for sharing. I have decided to go for them based on several members advice. Btw, how much time it takes for you to fit and is there any special tool needed since the assembly looks bit complex. Sorry I dont have the manual right now to refer.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for sharing. I have decided to go for them based on several members advice. Btw, how much time it takes for you to fit and is there any special tool needed since the assembly looks bit complex. Sorry I dont have the manual right now to refer.

Max 10mins
Tools : Bare Hands [evil]

Here are steps :

1. Open the hood
  2. Behind the headlamp assembly , there will rubber cover for bulbs Just pull them out
  3. Unplug the power cables
  4. then release the clamp holding the bulbs
  5. now pull the oem bulb
  6. replace with bulb you bought . (there small indent in the bulls thats where you align them to bulb sockets
  7. Do the reverse of the steps above .

Voila [clap]

Attachments

Thanks. Bare hands[surprise]. I never thought the work will be this much easy. May be its so long since I opened the front bonnet[:D]. Even DRLs & projectors are very tempting but I am afraid about the warranty. Will try DRLs soon anyway.

Thanks. Bare hands[surprise]. I never thought the work will be this much easy. May be its so long since I opened the front bonnet[:D]. Even DRLs & projectors are very tempting but I am afraid about the warranty. Will try DRLs soon anyway.
May be you can go for 100/90 Bosch make lights along with relay. I installed this set up in my santro back in 2010. Boy, lighting is too good.

hmm care to explain bro and sorry for being car technology deficient [embarass]
You can go to any car accessory shop and say you wish to go for 100/90 white light from bosch. The wiring is different from the regular one as it has to handle heavy current. The relay is also a part of the set up.
All these aspects will be taken care by the guy out there. This entire setup will cost you around Rs 1500

these lights are indeed better compared to the stock. If we go to fit in the projector lights(which i have seen now a days on ES), will the output be more better then? the only thing that if we wish to put the projector we will have to put HID as well. just that it add ons to the look with angle eyes and projector.

i have installed the philips X-treme vision H4 60/55 in my i-10 also as the stock bulks were totally waste. Quite happy with the performance of new bulbs. Costed me just 1000/-

Also the shop owner recommended Philips all weather bulbs that were costing 1700/-
Has anybody tried it ?

Hella also offers the same spec (H4 60/55W) bulbs and they are supposed to be better than Osram and Philips.

Has anybody tried them? I am expecting delivery of my Ecosport next month and wanted to upgrade the headlights - any advice on this regard will be helpful.

Thread Starter #11
+1 to Vinumsv.
Even I upgraded my headlamps to XVs from stock and I see a significant improvement in throw. Many of the ES owners did it and gave a very good positive feedback. you can refer to "Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review" Thread.
While buying the bulb make sure you are getting an Original one by checking if it is genuine.

You may refer to "Philips X-Treme Power vs Osram Night Breaker" Post #42 on how to check the genuinity. I'm finding some difficulties in getting the URL attached directly

I took delivery of ES Titanium, Sea Grey on 3rd August, sold Figo.
I had installed Osram night breaker + (Rs. 850) on my Figo. Before selling, I took the bulbs off (quiet a task) and installed it on ES, installation was breeze.

ONB+ are better than Dela bulbs fitted in almost all Ford. I would say light is good.

Hi,
I just changed the stock bulbs in my Ecosport with Philips X-treme Vision plus. There is indeed more light from these bulbs. Light is more towards white when compared with the stock bulbs. Road illumination is also much better than the stock's. In the pictures you can clearly see more white light on the left side piller.

Capture-stock.JPG

Capture-phi.JPG

Top Bottom